Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

• Registered Users Posts: 33,601 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

ELM327 wrote: »

What would you consider a good price for that?
    Is the offer you make the final amount for the buyer in these auctions, or do you have to pay anything extra/hidden?

I see only 29km left on it, need to find a charger sharpish once you drive it away!:D

Unsure about wilson's but I have bought a fair few cars at merlins and you're generally paying around 5% buyers fee afair.
    Lucky they are close to Ionity Kill!

Retail is probably 18k so I'd be looking to pay below 15 at an auction. Any more than that and I'll have the dealer coffee treatment!

Thats pricey, another 750 on top of a 15k bid.
    And they take a cut from the final price that would go to the seller too?

Yes, assumin they have a similar fee structure to merlins, the seller pays something and the buyer pays something. The auction house generally gets >10% on the hammer price, plus the listing fee.

It's the same or worse at other auctions. I am starting to flip stuff from estate auctions and theres a 25% buyers premium! You just have to factor it in to the hammer price in your head, eg for that Ioniq as you say if you hear 15k as the final bid, it's 15750 in reality!

• Advertisement

Ashtray or coin holder....... hmm

Different type of bargain, a great second EV (and a sentence I'm sick of hearing myself say, once we move house I'd be interested)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf/28360198

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Original lizard battery and no info given......careful now, wouldn’t be surprised if 4+ bars gone

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

NIMAN wrote: »
    What would you consider a good price for that?

It was listed with a dealer not long ago & the listing is still live at €18.5k.
    I reckon a cash buyer could net that for €17k or less, if it's still available directly, rather than €16k inc. fees, or God knows what at auction (OK, unkel could get it for less......we know :)).

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq-ev-5dr-auto-flash-sale/27812929

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Different type of bargain, a great second EV (and a sentence I'm sick of hearing myself say, once we move house I'd be interested)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf/28360198

I can’t wait for you to get into this house as I’d say your been driven (Pardon the pun) mental looking at all these EV’s :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭RonnieL

Spun out to the garage and ended up buying this today. 17500. Car is in great condition, so I'm happy. I owe you a pint Elm.

Well wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Well wear Ronnie. Ioniq 28kWh is a great EV. Now you have several thousands posts to read in the Ioniq threads in this forum. Everything you would want to know about the car is in there :D

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

unkel wrote: »
    Well wear Ronnie. Ioniq 28kWh is a great EV. Now you have several thousands posts to read in the Ioniq threads in this forum. Everything you would want to know about the car is in there :D

To summarise...
    It's the 12v batteries fault, replace it.
    Yes a door handle might break off, get it fixed under warranty.
    Under €2 to fully charge on a night rate.
    20-30 minutes at a fast charger is plenty.
    Bumper wrap should be no more than €200
    170km in winter, 230km in summer. Less on motorway.
    If it's not charging (specifically not locking the cable in place) pull the charge port emergency release in the lower boot well to get it going. Then tell hyundai the charge port actuator needs replacing.
    Goodyear efficient grip area a good tyre.
    Sport mode to put a smile on your face

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

To summarise...
    It's the 12v batteries fault, replace it.
    Yes a door handle might break off, get it fixed under warranty.
    Under €2 to fully charge on a night rate.
    20-30 minutes at a fast charger is plenty.
    Bumper wrap should be no more than €200
    170km in winter, 230km in summer. Less on motorway.
    If it's not charging (specifically not locking the cable in place) pull the charge port emergency release in the lower boot well to get it going. Then tell hyundai the charge port actuator needs replacing.
    Goodyear efficient grip area a good tyre.
    Sport mode to put a smile on your face

Ronnie, no need to read that thread now :D

RonnieL wrote: »
    Spun out to the garage and ended up buying this today. 17500. Car is in great condition, so I'm happy. I owe you a pint Elm.

Haha. Glad you got one that worked out for you. Ioniq 28 is a great EV, I still miss mine!

Gumbo wrote: »
    I can’t wait for you to get into this house as I’d say your been driven (Pardon the pun) mental looking at all these EV’s :)

Tell me about it. I'm sick of hearing myself saying it. At this point we've been outbid on a couple of different houses that were already 30-40k above asking. It's difficult trying to buy a farmhouse! Have a viewing of a fixer upper this week so fingers crossed.

slave1 wrote: »
    Original lizard battery and no info given......careful now, wouldn’t be surprised if 4+ bars gone
    Even so, thats 50-60km of range and perfect for a second car around town with much less fuel and running costs compared to a 2011 similarly priced fossil car.

Even so, thats 50-60km of range and perfect for a second car around town with much less fuel and running costs compared to a 2011 similarly priced fossil car.

Exactly. Picked up the Renault Fluence Z.E. last night. The car is so clean, it's near mint. Car was about 90% charged and showed 54km range. Driving it a bit and this seemed reasonably accurate, a bit pessimistic. I'd say this is a 50-60km winter range car (not on motorways). Perfect as a second car in Dublin.

Cheaper to own than a banger that someone gave you for free. It's a miracle that not more people have copped on to this really...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

I was trying to convince a family member of that recently, but having none of it. They don't do long trips, just around town or maybe from their town to another and back.

Also get a free charger installed at your house, courtesy of the tax payer. Night rate is 4.79c / kWh including VAT with Energia, which makes the fuel cost per km well less than 1c (petrol or diesel costs about 10 times as much). Cheapest insurance group, €120 per year motor tax, almost no maintenance.

• Advertisement

On the "bargain cheap Evs that are cheaper than equivalent year fossil cars" thread..
    2013 leaf, down 4 bars, 3500.
    Needs new AC onboard charger (probably a grand or two - https://www.reddit.com/r/leaf/comments/hiorz9/leaf_with_a_dead_onboard_charger/)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-new-nct/28482047

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

On the "bargain cheap Evs that are cheaper than equivalent year fossil cars" thread..
    2013 leaf, down 4 bars, 3500.
    Needs new AC onboard charger (probably a grand or two - https://www.reddit.com/r/leaf/comments/hiorz9/leaf_with_a_dead_onboard_charger/)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-new-nct/28482047

They are trying to sell that a long time now.

The lack of AC charging makes it a tough buy for anyone but the brave.

They'll need to scrap it or fix the AC or get lucky with a buyer who hopefully understands the consequences and fixes the AC charging.

It's a different one than the last one. Last one was a 2012 Jap spec import and this is a 131 EU spec model (albeit at the time they were imported from japan when new)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

It's a different one than the last one. Last one was a 2012 Jap spec import and this is a 131 EU spec model (albeit at the time they were imported from japan when new)

I've seen it on Done deal before.... it was listed many months ago.

The other one was also in Cork, also same colour. It probably is the same car :p

Still asking price is too high, for €2k it's a decent deal for anyone who has a local CHAdeMO charger round the corner from them (like me). You could even buy it, get the free home charge point and then sell it for the battery (worth about €1.5k) if the DC charge only doesn't work out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭baldshin

How do we feel about this Leaf?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2012-nissan-leaf/27858800

Looking to get a second electric as my wife will soon be driving my Ioniq up and down to Limerick every day, so I'll need something as a runaround around town in Galway (living 10km from the city), and with a new baby on the way, and me being 6'2", her Fiat 500 isn't gonna work for us.

Also looking at the previously mentioned Jap spec Leaf, would it being an import affect insurance and, if not, on paper, which looks the better car?

baldshin wrote: »

Grand job for your needs, but personally I would want to do a deal closer to €3k than €4k.

looks grand once youre aware of the limitations.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

baldshin wrote: »

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2012-nissan-leaf/27858800

Looking to get a second electric as my wife will soon be driving my Ioniq up and down to Limerick every day, so I'll need something as a runaround around town in Galway (living 10km from the city), and with a new baby on the way, and me being 6'2", her Fiat 500 isn't gonna work for us.

Also looking at the previously mentioned Jap spec Leaf, would it being an import affect insurance and, if not, on paper, which looks the better car?

4 bars gone means you've 55% left in battery capacity (1st bar is 15% AFAIK and the rest are about 7.5%)

So you're talking 50-60km range remaining

Also those 2012 Leafs didn't have the heat pump I think, so the heating might take a big chunk of range in winter. Definitely want to preheat while plugged in

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

Even on the coldest day he will have no problem doing his 20 odd km reurn trip into Galway with the heat blasting on full. Good cheap tool for the job.

Advertisement