Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You haven't driven a Model 3 yet? Be careful, doing so is dangerous. They're super drivers car, I like them a lot 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes they are a nice drive, I had an SR+ on loan , an MY21 car with the power liftgate etc, and it's really a lovely car. If there were no such thing as an S/X I'd probably have one.

The Model 3 Performance in track mode is just insane. Puts most performance ICE saloons costing twice as much to shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭YellowRattle

Looks like unkel is getting a new car.

I did! Sold my Model S today and bought another Model S 😁

• Advertisement

Very few EV bargains these days, but this one just came up:

Tesla Model S. As basic as they come, just an S60. In white. Asking €33k, but I bet a serious offer of €30k cash has a very good chance of taking it. And at that it would be a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭sk8board

No EV deals indeed.

I saved 3 ads on donedeal late Dec or early Jan - all 3 are 2019 SR+ model 3’s, all were the cheaper ones when I added them, all with 25-30,000kms and all asked €48k.

It’s pretty obvious why they’re still available of course, with the 2022 upgraded model being just €1-2k more, but you’d have to wonder when the market will start to right itself and garages start to drop prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I'm guessing they're hoping for customers who don't want to wait for a new Tesla and want a car asap

Incidentally I read earlier that giga Berlin got it's last permit, so I guess the delivery time will be shortening soon

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

an imported 191 SR+, Fremont original spec, 31,000km’s.

yours for €49.5k, sir.

Or pay €200 for a new 221 spec MIC one, perhaps wait 3-6months, new-car warranty, new car collection etc etc.

i see some other private sales of 192 SR+ have been marked as ‘price reduced’, so presumably the 221 MIC cat is out of the bag.

It's crazy. Yet there seem to be people who are prepared to pay almost the same for second hand cars so they won't have to wait for a new one. It sure looks like the Tesla Model 3 is the slowest depreciating car ever sold in Ireland. Fair play to anyone who owns one and paid for it with their own money - enjoy your near zero cost motoring 😁

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I thought you were serious about that being a Bargain there for a second....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

A base RWD on 18” can’t be got until Feb 2023. So people with cash and no patience may buy. Rightly or wrongly.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Aye, it’s bizarre, and that’s a 191 as well, a full 3 years old and effectively zero depreciation on the list price.

I saved the ad, I’ll check back in a few weeks and see if it goes and update.

personally I’d pay the €100 deposit and wait however long it takes without a second thought, if that’s the depreciation curve.

Lack of patience comes at a price it seems 🙄

Agreed. And the current made in China cars are far superior to the ones from the USA made 2-3 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Well, with petrol prices going through the roof, if someone wanted to make the switch and didn't want to spend thousands on fuel during the waiting time then I can see why they'd go for it

Any it's possible you could offload the car in a year for list price again, when the Tesla you ordered arrives

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Hi folks, looking to sell my white 2020 Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE. 21400km on the clock. Excellent condition in & out, full service history, It's not affected for the battery recall as it's late 2020 model. Since it's the UK trim Premium SE, it has adaptive/active cruise,full led headlights & ventilated front seats, head up display etc which are not found in the Irish trim. We are selling this bad boy because we are expecting new family member and need something bigger. Wondering what would be a reasonable listing price for this car.

Thanks

The cheapest 2020 Kona electric is from a dealer at just under €28,890k asking price, but that's probably not as good as your car with higher mileage and probably not with the newer battery. Gives a marker though, you are competing with a dealer which adds a bit of value, they take trade-ins, give more security than a private sale, first point of contact for warranty, etc. Maybe advertise yours at €29,995 and see what happens?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

EVs are hugely popular at the minute, I'd also get a trade in price for it, you might be surprised

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

Yes everybody wants an EV now. No surprise, we all saw that coming years ago. No harm in ringing a few traders like ZuCar. Also if you have time, price it less aggressively and wait and see and lower your price after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

What you think unkel about 162 BMW i3 94 Ah (33kW), mid trim (the best 19" alloys, sunroof, heat pump, half leather & wood inside)? Market price wise.

Looks like dealers price it crazy high at the moment. You can PM me also.

We discussed that privately if you remember 😀

I'm no expert on the second hand value of the i3, but a quick look on DoneDeal throws up a 2018 from a dealer (so with warranty) for €23.9k. You selling privately? Maybe advertise for €19,995 and take the best offer depending on how long you have.

What are you buying next and did you get any trade in prices? Obviously the only thing that counts with those is the cost to change. You normally nearly always get more by selling privately, but the times are a bit different now, traders might have a buyer lined up for your old car and could offer you more.

BTW you missed out on my Model S Performance! It's now worth a few grand more than you could have bought it for 2 months ago.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I sold my 162 black 33 kWh version in July 2020 for €20k.

Mir had 20” wheels, HK, Sun Roof, Leather, LED headlight, pro nav, Camera, privacy glass, and self parking thing if that helps.

Privately is OK with me, but makes sense checking dealers due to the high demand. I wouldn't go to them otherwise...

Eying the Kona few posts up on this page 👆🏻

Not quite a bargain, but then again everybody now wants to buy electric cars and very few are available. Here's a very high spec Tesla Model S Performance. Still with a little bit of drivetrain / battery warranty left.

It started off at an unrealistic €45k, but has been coming down in price, now €39,950. It won't sell for that, but I'd say a good deal can be made here. I doubt he will refuse a serious €35k cash offer with a substantial non-refundable deposit paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,602 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I ain't got 35k spare, but chuck up a link for someone who might have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭funnyname

Wondering what the original cost of this was just to look at the rate of deprecation? As the depreciation seems be nearly more valuable than the savings from switching from fossil fuels to electrons.

Advertisement