Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

The ioniq gets an amazing distance for its battery size.

Was in West cork last week. Went over the Coosane, diem to adrigole & down to Touist. Back to Kenmare over the Caha pass. back through Bantry & back over Coosane gap. 125 miles, just over 200kms & had 10% battery at destination end. Had rain on the way home as well & admittedly not belting road on the passes but lots of hill climbs

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

Thanks for the responses on the IONIQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭loopymum

I can't edit my post but just checked the car again & it was 135 miles in total which is just over 217kms with 10% left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,652 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Similar to me. Dublin to Leixlip in a 12 Leaf was no fun and had to keep the speed at lower end of the scale (in the hot weather we've been having). It just wouldn't get there and back in the winter, so it's being sold on. I've a 2014 model which would do the job in the winter, but any detour or really cold weather would see me having to hit a rapid charger on the way home, so i'm upgrading.

That no heating issue is the capacitive heater gone and likely the fuse in the DC to DC converter. Getting a used replacement part is about €800 and is a pain to find. Doing the work DIY is the only way and would take atleast a day if you're handy with the spanner. I never bothered sorting mine out because it would then eat the battery if the heating was on. I had an offer of 6k for it a couple of weeks ago, but family discounts mean I am selling it for 4k this weekend. Just over 100k on the clock and in same condition as the one you linked (few scrapes on bumpers). 9 of 12 bars remaining. Great car though and faster off the line than the UK made ones. I have one of those too.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I hope your family realises you've just given them a few grand in cash, @...Ghost... !

• Advertisement

They won't have to borrow it anymore and leave me stranded 😂

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭zg3409

36k for 192, my previous bargain was 32k for 201 year with half the mileage.

I am guessing this 36k car may only be worth roughly 33k, but at 36k it's a dreamer price but I believe the new model niro price went up around 8k. This car was probably 38k/40k brand new back in the day. If you could get him to drop to 33k in a few weeks it might not be bad value considering so few around and so few alternatives in this price bracket. It is the old styling so it will date quickly and you have already gone through 3 years of the warranty. At 31k it would be a real bargain like listed earlier.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Joke price

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Shouldn't be brought up in bargain thread, as clearly...it's not.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭zg3409

From not bargains to bargains. Note with the new seai rules you won't qualify for a home charger grant as this charger is not smart/ online, but might work for a replacement or repair or for a DIY job.

• Advertisement

That's very cheap for an EVSE. Are those new rules in place already or not until next month?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

New rules don't start till september.

Someone hurry up, buy that thing and get a friendly spark to install it. You'll have yourself an EVSE installed for the grand total cost of minus €300 courtesy of the Irish tax payer 😂

Another "cheap" Tesla Model S at €34,900

Not particularly a bargain but it's from a garage and they offer a 2 year warranty. If you can get a bumper to bumper no quibbles warranty and get a little bit of that price, it's not a bad deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

What premium badge? Its a VW. Nothing premium about VW. They are a mass market car maker just like Opel, Toyota, Renault, Citroen, Peugeot, Fiat, Mazda, Skoda, Seat, KIA, Hyundai, Sanggyong etc.

You must have been very bored if you had 5 MK4 Golf's.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

That red Tesla is beautiful. A pity its only a 15 do.

Tesla's have got worse looking both inside and outside since the model S. It was and will remain the best looking Tesla.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,178 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

35k for an 8 year old car... EV prices are truly mad at the moment

Yes they are a mass market car maker, same as Mercedes and BMW too. There's no doubt that some VAG are more premium than the likes of Hyundai from your list (noting that your list also contains the base model VAG, SEAT). VW while being some tiers below Audi and Porsche are definitely ahead of the likes of Citroen and Renault and Opel etc from your list.

I like mk4 golfs, we had "his and hers" at one point!

Well there's at least 10k-12k of battery in it alone. Those teslas will never reach 5k prices as the inherent value of the battery will keep it above it. There's a crashed tesla in a scrap yard where they are looking for 14k for just the battery pack.

It's not just an EV, it's the daddy. And still very much up to date. And with free supercharging for life, you could power your home from that and travel across continental Europe for free. And has 2 years bumper to bumper warranty. I'm pretty critical of the poor value for money that most EVs now are - new or second hand - but this one is one of the better value ones out there.

• Advertisement

If I lived near sandyford that would be a better investment than any solar. Buy it, wire up a bidirectional chademo plug into the house and boom (hopefully not literally) free electricity for life!

Unfortunately VW are cheaping down. The eGolf you mentioned is certainly premium compared to any of the more economy makes, but this is no longer the case with the ID.3 which is just another econobox. Nothing wrong with that, I'd have bought one myself if it would have been bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

Im showing 269km on full charge today. Exact same as last year. No noticable battery degredation.

Ms

Yes they are a mass market car maker, same as Mercedes and BMW too.

Mercedes and BMW are not mass market they are premium car brands.

There's no doubt that some VAG are more premium than the likes of Hyundai from your list (noting that your list also contains the base model VAG, SEAT).

Yes and some are not. For instance the ID3 and ID4 have been highly criticised for how poor the quality of the materials used inside them is to even there cousin the Skoda Enyaq which is nicer inside as well as the Ioniq 5 and KIA EV6 which are far nicer inside too.

VW while being some tiers below Audi and Porsche are definitely ahead of the likes of Citroen and Renault and Opel etc from your list.

Maybe in your mind but the Renault Mègane E-Tech will be far superior to both the VW ID3 and 4 when it comes out.

The new Opel Astra is superior to the current VW Golf which again has interior quality issues and problems with its touchscreen and software

Citroen to are greatly improving with the new C4 and C4-X range as well as the C5-X and the Aircross range all excellent classy cars.

Also I noticed how you never mentioned Peugeot. Maybe because they to are now better in everyway then a VW.

The times they are a changing.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

jesus would you ever give over we get it you despise vw. there's absolutely no need to spout it at every chance you get...

Yes after reading that long waffle I came to that realization and left him at it. Nonsense. Renault and Opel etc are lower by two or three notional tiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,178 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

I disagree... Compared to a tesla model 3 the very similarly priced VW ID4 has a much more luxury feel inside

If it's anything like the ID3 it simply doesnt. Scratchy materials everywhere, thin paint etc. ID3 when I tested it felt like a 90's L spec fiesta mk3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Any bargains lads (beside Unkel's one)?

• Advertisement

Very few. There are 3 Leafs for around the €5k mark. In various states of bad battery degradation and general knackeredness 😂 Still a bargain any of them in this market, you'll never have any depreciation on them as they represent the bottom of the EV second hand market and demand for cheap EVs is strong and only getting stronger

Advertisement