Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Well if all fails, I have two Model Y on order, one from last October that I will very unlikely take. And there will be others like me in the same boat. Would prefer to see the car go to a regular boardsie really keen to get the Model Y, rather than me just refusing to take delivery from Tesla and the car going to some randomer.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭The Mist

I'll definitely be keeping an eye here and will be open to anything if my car doesn't arrive in March :)

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Foreign Sports

I'm kind of regretting cancelling my original model Y RWD order from October now.

I probably should have held my nerve and kept both orders in play which would have kept my options open. I only cancelled the Y order after I had a similar 2 week window in the account for the second order.

Assuming the October Y RWD orders actually come in last week Feb / first week March then I have potentially delayed delivery as my second order (3 LR 13th Jan) is now back to vague Feb / Mar and those Y orders will presumably be first to be delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

There will be plenty of inventory cars to pick from, especially in RWD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Without looking any further, I saw 19" rims and the language of the ad suggested it had a "performance upgrade" so I thought it had maybe got that performance boost upgrade I've been hearing about on the LRs. Do not M3P come with Ubers? Anyway, good spot.

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Basilio

Just missed this one, sold next morning after publishing:

As per your other posts, can you prove it was registered in NI before Brexit? If not, it's not a bargain. Also that's €26k. A couple grand less than they go for here alright, but only a bargain if you can bring it in free.

And to be honest €26k isn't all that cheap for a 2 year old Ioniq classic. I bought mine brand new for less than that 6 years ago. For that budget I'd rather either get a brand new MG4, or wait a few months, a Tesla Model 3 might come down to near €30k

One owner car, registered after Brexit with only 420 miles (676km). Please provide a link to the best similar mileage/age Ioniq in Ireland. I would greatly appreciate as ready to purchase one. Thanks.

"And to be honest €26k isn't all that cheap for a 2 year old Ioniq classic. I bought mine brand new for less than that 6 years ago." You are not mentioning trade-in value and fact it was 28kWh model 6 years ago. 35kWh`s retailed at €30.000, right?

I had no trade in value, just a scrap car. Yes the 28kWh model, which most people reckon is superior to the 38kWh model. And I gave you the link to a comparable Irish car in the other thread you posted in. If the car was registered in NI after Brexit, you have to pay import duties and VAT. That's why nobody imports cars from the UK anymore, unless you can get them VAT free and the price is really good (which is rarely the case for EVs as they usually are worth more over there than they are here)

"That's why nobody imports cars from the UK anymore, unless you can get them VAT free and the price is really good" so why every second 35kWh IONIQ for sale on DoneDeal has instrument cluster in Miles, who imported them?

The link is here, will not go into interpreting customs regulations on importing from NI vehicles first registered there post Brexit:

https://www.carhillcars.com/stock.html?car=314063224

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

It is a Model 3 Performance.

Wheels, Brakes, rear badging, and more importantly it’s registered on the V5 as a Model 3 Performance.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

point to note, if a car is registered in NI (and not GB) after brexit and imported to southern ireland, no duties or vat are due. It's only if importing from GB.

NI registered either before brexit OR first registered in NI after brexit and no duty is due. This is because of NI's unique dual in and out of EU status. NI to ROI is within the EU, so no additional tariffs or taxes are due.

GB to NI, on the other side, are within the UK, so it's internal there too. The only conflict is GB to NI to ROI, where taxes are due. Hence a car never registered in GB, no taxes are due.

Correct. I meant and I should have said "If the car was registered in GB first and then registered in NI after Brexit, you have to pay import duties and VAT"

Bold bits added...

Tesla Model 3, €34k

Cheapest one for sale at the moment, but I expect them to go further down in price when the first batch of Model Y arrive in the country, later this month or next month. One of the sellers will surely accept €30k for one soon. And they are a lot of value for money at that. All also still covered under full Tesla warranty until later this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

409kms range, lol, look at the lifetime efficiency, barely gets 300km range

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭RM Ernest

Cheapest LR I have seen so far.

Seems to be a bit more activity in the last few days with VINs being assigned I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Bear in mind that's the average for the *whole* 65,000 kms.

So every short journey she's ever done and all winter driving she's done is reflected in that figure.

No heat pump on these chromed from the factory ones either.

She's never got 409 kms though I would agree.

Edit I mean the 300 kms is the average for the 65,000 kms.

Well 298 kms to be precise.

Oh, I get it, but you'd want to be doing 70 on a motorway in summer to hit 409kms, and even then I'm not sure would it make it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

Seems best value Model 3 on the market but probably still overpriced I dunno. I see it has chrome trim so that means no heat pump yeah?

• Advertisement

And that would be from 100 to 0, which is not recomended in the non LFP SR models. Realistically you'd have 0.8*298 as a 90-10% SOC range, or 238.4km.

This is why the LFP SR+ cars are so much better than the non LFP SR+ cars

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭RonnieL

I'm keeping an eye out for a used 3. Is it worth holding out for a made in china one?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

It's all in the price difference, whether it's worth it to you.

I've a 2019 M3P and had no quality issues whatsoever so would prefer some money in my pocket 😀

Only if getting the SR, the LFP battery is a big big improvement over the non LFP. For the LR and P models there isnt a significant difference between the made in US vs made in china. The newer cars have a different charge curve, some have bigger batteries.

Ques - if I get a Model 3 LR and charge it to 100% regularly what will happen? Is it likely to lose capacity - and is the warranty impacted in anyway from 100% charging?

Yes, and No respectively.

You should not charge it to 100% if its not an LFP battery. Certainly not on a regular basis. 80% is best, 90% is ok.

...but no harm in charging to 100% as often as you like as long as you drive it and don't leave it sitting there.

There's a 7kWh buffer in the LR so you never really charge to 100% anyhow

• Advertisement

Okay grand just read there that battery warranty only kicks in if the battery retains less than 70%, that’s not v reassuring. If I charge a LR twice weekly to 100% how long in years or km’s would it likely take before the car would lose say 10% of range? Sorry if this has been answered a million times elsewhere. Looks like I will be back driving to Dublin a lot - 640km round trip so I wouldn’t want to limit to charging to 80%

Advertisement