Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,317 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Does that matter?

I bought a car in July 2021 for €48k and traded it in March 2022 for 57,600.

Not everybody buys to loose. Markets go up and down.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Oh dear. Maybe you should go live with your comrade Vladimir?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Fantana2

I’ve no issues with capitalism but at the very least the car is in the wrong thread. Add the negativity on another actual bargain Fluence when selling your own for 5k more. In that same thread the boardsie with the battery issue emailed Renault and bought the lease for €1 but all we heard in this thread was the matter of fact over 1k lease per year. Anyways the beauty of capitalism is people can ask for whatever they want, might just take longer to shift as we’ve seen with the two Fluences.

6.96kwp South facing

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Jaysus that's some hilarious markup all the same. Not a hope.

You must have missed I was the first to thank that post?

Until recently, you couldn't buy out the lease at all. Then you could in the UK but only for Zoes and it cost mad money. I wasn't aware it could be as cheap as under a grand to buy one out in Ireland on the Fluence. If that is the genuine cost now and it wasn't some sort of fluke, I will of course have to consider dropping my asking price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,516 ✭✭✭✭ted1

8k for a car that has less than 100kmh range while is Ridiculous and far from a bargain

Not under rated at all. The range is an absolute pisstake

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Christ! Some mark up!

Hopefully a boardsie doesn't get stung

i hope no one gets stung. Pretty much the shitiest thing I’ve seen some one do here

80km max range for 8,000 and then trying to distract people by making up rubbish numbers about not having to pay large battery rental prices

Post edited by ted1 on

Maybe go a bit easier on the juice next Saturday night 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Tis only Friday 😁😁

(well ok, Saturday morning).

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Maybe I’m the one who needs to go easy on the juice 🙄🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭joe1303l

Time for a fire sale on that Fluence ?

no juice this weekend. , nice try for a diversion

I really hope you go easy on the poor unfortunate people who buy your car with less than 100km range a 400% mark up.

you are a miserable person who deserves no luck in life

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

FFS lads, will ye get a grip of yourselves!!

I highly doubt a single one of you wouldn't be advertising your own cars at market value, no matter the price you paid for it. Stop being a bunch of a55hats. I don't consider the fluence to be a bargain at the ASKING price, but that doesn't mean it won't be a bargain for someone at the SALE price. This is one of those times where you just stay quiet and let others make up their own minds. Move on out of here and stop ruining the thread for everyone.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

I can’t see why it’s isn’t fair to comment if somebody posts a bargain alert that is anything but a bargain? 2k is market value for that car, 8k is nowhere near market price so why not call it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,080 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I couldn't care less what Unkel does to be honest but I can see other posters point of view. This is Bargain Alerts and the most expensive EV Fluence on Done Deal and Adverts probably doesn't deserve to be posted here.

I'd also imagine Unkel selling his Model Y reservations for a profit has soured a few people's opinion of him.

And then had the cheek to start taking down the sane car at a 1/4 of the price and waffling ok about high battery rental

There is a big difference between commenting and ridiculing. If people don't think it's a bargain, they could ignore it. People will make up their own minds. No need to be filling the thread with ridicule and hostility. It's bad enough when we have pages upon pages without a listing. The last 2 pages are a joke.

It's also not advertised at 8k. It's up for €7299. 2k is also not market value, that's a ridiculous assertion and the car would be gone within a couple of hours, being battery owned. Prices rise and fall and while I personally believe that anything over 5k (same price as the other fluence on DD) is high, I'm not one to make a fuss, even if I think the listing doesn't belong here.

The other car is €2299 less, but has few details and nothing in the description. It's also most certianly battery rented and has more miles....plus it's boring white. I would argue they are evenly priced.....still not a bargain IMO, but far from the rip off some are suggesting here.

There are on 2 on DD. Let people make up their own minds. Report the ad if it doesn't belong here. If people begrudge the man for taking the opportunity to make a profit, that's their problem. If people pay the man for something he is selling, that's their choice. I say let them be.

Stay Free

• Advertisement

Guess who started the ridiculing, before posting their absolute non bargain

Utter bargain on the face of it. 

But don't forget the €1068 per year battery lease you have to pay Renault. And if the seller sells you this car without making you take over the lease, he is in breach of the contract he signed. So the deal with you is void too. You might lose any money you have paid the seller for it and the car might be repossessed. And Renault can remotely disable the car too. 

Also the battery lease never ends, until you scrap the car. And even at that stage you will have to pay Renault for the privilege of removing and recycling the battery 

Maybe you can get away with it. Maybe you can ask / beg Renault to sell you the battery. Maybe not.

The battery rental info Unkel posted is accurate and should be made known to boardsies. The seller should be posting it tbh. I wouldn't have bought the 2k car because it is a battery rental and I couldn't be bothered with the hassle, even though it would have been a handy car for us to own. Renault Banque won't always allow the lease to be bought out. It's hit and miss and so is a gamble. They have also been shown up to be nothing short of scammers, making it next to impossible to claim when the battery needs replacing, or a repair. Battery rental turned off most interested buyers, so it should be noted as it is almost a forgotten thing.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

If people pay the man for something he is selling, that's their choice. I say let them be.

tbf, its important that people comment (respectfully) if a non-bargain is posted in this bargain thread. People reading the thread need to hear opinions on whether it is really a bargain or not as they may not be aware of the finer detail. I think that's all that is being done here.... people are giving their opinion on it and saying its not actually a bargain so that might help someone to make a more informed decision and that's to be encouraged.

The optics of Unkel putting the other bargain down, considering its competing with his, does look bad.

Anyway Unkel is able to defend himself, he is one of the first people on the thread to call out non-bargains when they happen, so the shoe is on the other foot, I'm sure he can take that fine and if he finds a mug to buy it at top dollar then fair play... its a free market.

I agree, non-bargains can and should be pointed out. No issue with that. I personally don't think it's a bargain and I am of the view it's over priced, but it has gone past calling out the ad as a non-bargain. I've seen so-called bargains posted and I have just said "Not a Bargain" for whatever reason. When the thread descends into "you are a miserable person who deserves no luck in life", then a line is crossed. It ruins the thread for everyone.

Unkel can indeed defend himself, but it shouldn't be necessary if people are respectful.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

There's more posts complaining about the complaining than anything else

People can pay and charge what they want, but maybe we should have a rip off thread aswel to post ads to warn boardsies, as a bit of balance to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Fantana2

Agree completely that posts should be respectful at all times. I’m sorry my posts caused the thread to go down a nasty route that was not my intention.

6.96kwp South facing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

*Opens Boards*

*Clicks into "Electric Vehicles & Hybrids"*

*Sees 28 new posts in "This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying"*

*Thinks to himself "****, what have I missed?*

*Excitedly opens thread*

*Reads 28 posts of absolute drivel*

*Posts this*

*Closes thread*

Fukk sake lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭RM Ernest

Right to bring this thread back on topic.

I think this is a good price for M3P. Looks well presented.

You'd assume a bit of room for negotiation as well. Out of full warranty but still battery / drivetrain warranty until 192k km or 2028.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ltd440

Yes, definitely a bargain in my eyes .

I never thought I'd be able to buy a car as fast as that, still with some warranty for the price of a nice family saloon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭RM Ernest

My thoughts exactly. Very cheap running costs compared to an ice equivalent and even insurance is very reasonable for 43 year old me.

Advertisement