Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Wheety wrote: »
    Get back to posting bargains! :-)

Any issues with this? Seems very reasonably priced.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201710270713344?

Probably not battery owned at that price?

Also untaxed since May :confused:

Probably battery owned actually but its the Visia spec so its the basic basic model. Not desirable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

KCross wrote: »
    Probably battery owned actually but its the Visia spec so its the basic basic model. Not desirable.

What would be missing in it from a higher spec model?

Wheety wrote: »
    What would be missing in it from a higher spec model?

A long list.... the biggest items its missing from the Acenta(SV)...
    Alloys
    Telematics (Battery status and remote heating)
    Electric mirrors
    Touchscreen
    Rear camera
    Cruise control
    Heat pump (important for efficient cabin heating during winter)
    B mode (better regen)
    etc

The Tekna(SVE) model has even more again…. Leather, 360 camera, LED lights, Heated seats and steering wheel etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

Its also leased battery even though not stated in advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It is stated in the adverts - title of the ad says "flex" :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭isnottheword

unkel wrote: »
    It is stated in the adverts - title of the ad says "flex" :)

Ok, I guess they updated the advert then ;-)

EDIT: Actually, no - it doesnt seem to be there...perhaps I need to go to specsavers...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Ok, I guess they updated the advert then ;-)

EDIT: Actually, no - it doesnt seem to be there...perhaps I need to go to specsavers...

At 8 this morning it said (Flex) in the titel, they have now removed that .....I would be asking which is it

The car was definitely initially advertised with no mention of flex, then they added it and then removed it again. Thats a worry.

It was a flex car when new according to UK car checks.

The thing is, has the finance been cleared now or not.

As others said, that question needs to be asked and confirmed with RCI before parting with any money.

For that money, it can only be flex.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭ironmonkey

I’m now moving in to the buying phase rather than just looking. I have a couple of cars in the uk that interest me. I’m looking at 2014 / 2015 leaf accenta with the 6.6 charger. I’m going to phone ahead to a couple of dealers looking into info on
    Battery bars and any further info on battery health
    Tyre health and wear pattern
    Presence of SD card
    Make sure the granny cable is there

Are there any other questions I should be asking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

ironmonkey wrote: »
    I’m now moving in to the buying phase rather than just looking. I have a couple of cars in the uk that interest me. I’m looking at 2014 / 2015 leaf accenta with the 6.6 charger. I’m going to phone ahead to a couple of dealers looking into info on
    Battery bars and any further info on battery health
    Tyre health and wear pattern
    Presence of SD card
    Make sure the granny cable is there

Are there any other questions I should be asking?

Ask for a walk around video of the car.

Ask to make sure both cables are there (the granny and the public charging cable).

Ask for a photo (or to include in the video) the "time to charge" display. This will tell you whether it's a 3.3 or 6.6 OBC. Many dealers get it wrong.

It would be unusual for the car to have dropped a bar, especially if the mileage is under 30k miles.

The SD card is often taken out of the car until sold on, so do make sure you get it when collecting.

Make sure the dealer knows that you need the full V5 document to export it.

Aside from that, you might get an air freshener thrown in. Haggling with the dealers I found is a challenge and the best I got was an offer of £250 off a car advertised for over 10k. They don't care if you're coming from around the corner, or from China.

Haggle for Mats! Get them to include genuine mats if the car doesn't have any. I missed out on that chance, but got lucky and bought a new pair from peposhi on here.

Thanks Goz for the info. I’ve found this in the past about UK car dealers. I spent 11000 on a car there before and the guy would not shift even 50 quid. I didn’t even get a tank of petrol! I nearly walked away out of pig headedness but realised I’d only have made the trip for nothing.
    This time I’ll get mats at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,590 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

They know if you fly over to the UK, and have a ferry booked, you ain't gonna just walk away.

+1

They learn that in the fist class on the first day of sales school :D

161 Leaf 24kWh Grey Tekna/SVE with 6.6kW charger
    https://speakev.com/threads/nissan-leaf-24kwh-tekna-6-6-kw-non-flex-2016.58441/

Asking £13k... lets say negotiate £12,500, add on flight and ferry would be about €14300

Similar 151 cars here are asking €12300-€13500.

@makeorbrake, I see you sent a PM... did you buy it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Soarer

Been watching that for a couple of weeks. Always liked the look of them (and the Yeti).

Don't know what they're like in real life though. The interior kinda reminds me of a mid-90's Camry import I used to have.

They seem to be very similar to the Leaf as regards running gear.
    30kWh battery (27kWh usable)
    6.6kW charger
    Chademo
    81kW motor.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

So my father has been asking about getting a leaf now for a while (currently has an accord), I've already advised about the benefit of getting an SVE like mine. What is the market like for these. I'd say his budget would be 10-12k.

A quick google shows a disparity in pricing for SVE/Tekna models.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-tekna-2013-excellent-condition/17221232
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-2014-sve-6-6kw/16518322
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-tekna/17009040

Ranging from 9 to 12k for early gen 1.5.

ELM327 wrote: »
    So my father has been asking about getting a leaf now for a while (currently has an accord), I've already advised about the benefit of getting an SVE like mine. What is the market like for these. I'd say his budget would be 10-12k.

A quick google shows a disparity in pricing for SVE/Tekna models.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-tekna-2013-excellent-condition/17221232
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-2014-sve-6-6kw/16518322
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-tekna/17009040

Ranging from 9 to 12k for early gen 1.5.

The last one is not a Tekna and more importantly is not a Gen 1.5 AND is down a bar!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

The last one is not a Tekna and more importantly is not a Gen 1.5 AND is down a bar!!!!
    Yes I saw that afterwards. Was planning the calls for later, that one is off the list for sure.
    Lying about gen1.5, SOH, spec. Madness!

• Advertisement

That first one is down a bar too!

That's the first gen. 1.5 that I've seen down a bar, and it's got less than 60k kms on the clock! It hardly has the old battery in it?
    Anyways, it must've been fast charged it's whole life to lose a bar that quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭noelf

Saw this today on you tube .. buying a used Nissan Leaf ..

https://youtu.be/ahd2jb38Tfs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Orebro

Soarer wrote: »
    That first one is down a bar too!

That's the first gen. 1.5 that I've seen down a bar, and it's got less than 60k kms on the clock! It hardly has the old battery in it?
    Anyways, it must've been fast charged it's whole life to lose a bar that quick.

There is a thread on SpeakEV where some owners are reporting the loss of their first bar on the 1.5 - seems age is the primary factor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Soarer wrote: »
    Been watching that for a couple of weeks. Always liked the look of them (and the Yeti).

Don't know what they're like in real life though. The interior kinda reminds me of a mid-90's Camry import I used to have.

They seem to be very similar to the Leaf as regards running gear.
    30kWh battery (27kWh usable)
    6.6kW charger
    Chademo
    81kW motor.

I'm happy with mine

gally74 wrote: »
    I'm happy with mine

PM sent Gally.

2106 30kWh Acenta with 6.6kW Charger for £12,000

White (so many white cars!)
    42,000 miles.
    Private seller.

Looks clean.

I know milage doesn’t make as much of a difference with EVs but 40000 miles in just over a year is a lot. And you’re right so many white and red leafs. If you don’t like these two colors it rules out about half the leafs for sale.

Orebro wrote: »
    There is a thread on SpeakEV where some owners are reporting the loss of their first bar on the 1.5 - seems age is the primary factor

Depends how high a charge it's kept. Batteries don't like to be very high SOC or very low for extended periods.

Time, cycling, time spent high and low soc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

So, just got my offer for my leaf SVE 151 at the end of Feb. Will have 90k Kms by then. Not impressed at all, it's under 10k and gives me little deposit if I decide to go for the 40kw in march.

Any offers?? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Forgot to say, full battery bars and was 100% the last time I checked with the leaf spy app.

Surely it's worth more?

Advertisement