Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

tedpan wrote: »
    So, just got my offer for my leaf SVE 151 at the end of Feb. Will have 90k Kms by then. Not impressed at all, it's under 10k and gives me little deposit if I decide to go for the 40kw in march.

Any offers?? :)

The relatively high mileage might make it difficult to achieve the price you were hopong for.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,381 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

So, just got my offer for my leaf SVE 151 at the end of Feb. Will have 90k Kms by then. Not impressed at all, it's under 10k

A 24kWh with 6.6kW charging I presume?

The above car is what you're up against. It's a 1 year old 30kWh for £12k asking. That well under €14k landed

You are trying to sell (early next year) a 3 year old 24kWh and you're disappointed you're only offered €10k?

I'd say you will not even get close to €10k privately next year when the new Leaf is out and everyone (who can afford it) wants to get rid of their old one and buy a new one...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

unkel wrote:
    You are trying to sell (early next year) a 3 year old 24kWh and you're disappointed you're only offered €10k?

9k, I said it was under 10k.

I get your points, think I'll be keeping it!

If it is reasonable to expect plenty of people to buy the new Leaf next year (and I think they will). Then it is also reasonable to expect there to be decent priced second hand ones a few years later. You'll be saving yourself many thousands by waiting a year or two :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Forgot to say, full battery bars and was 100% the last time I checked with the leaf spy app.

Surely it's worth more?

No its not :mad:

Offer 5k

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    No its not :mad:

Offer 5k

Hard to hear alright

Its a 100km car new

Few years old and with degradatation kicking its pointless to most of us

You can barely drive an hour in the thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

thierry14 wrote: »
    Hard to hear alright

Its a 100km car new

Few years old and with degradatation kicking its pointless to most of us

You can barely drive an hour in the thing

You can blame Nissan for that, constantly dropping the price of buying new has killed the Leaf second hand value.....

Bigger than average mileage, private sale, priced to sell. About right imho, some others are dreamers if they think they can get Tesla CPO money (from £40k) for their cars.

Still under Tesla warranty, so wouldn't worry too much about anything wrong with it. You seriously in the market for one, or just looking? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

unkel wrote: »
    Bigger than average mileage, private sale, priced to sell. About right imho, some others are dreamers if they think they can get Tesla CPO money (from £40k) for their cars.

Still under Tesla warranty, so wouldn't worry too much about anything wrong with it. You seriously in the market for one, or just looking? :p

I'm in between the two.
    I am buying a house right now so the tesla will come after that. I'd estimate by Q3 2018 all things being equal I will be driving a model S.
    Can't afford a new one but the 2014 CPO cars are within reach on finance.

(Mileage isnt an issue really as the 8 year warranty on drivetrain and battery is unlimited, and there have been model S with 400-500k km with ~7% degradation.) For that reason I'd probably prefer a higher mile one as it will be cheaper, but there isnt the "penalty" in buying a high miler that there is with an ICE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

Personally I'd go for the CPO option with the 4 year warranty.
    Tesla's QA in those early years wasn't great and particular issues that have since been resolved include the door handles and a high mileage BMS issue.

cros13 wrote: »
    Personally I'd go for the CPO option with the 4 year warranty.
    Tesla's QA in those early years wasn't great and particular issues that have since been resolved include the door handles and a high mileage BMS issue.
    Ideally yes I would too.
    However 50k miles is about 1.25 years of driving for me, is it worth paying the 8-10k premium for a 1.25 year warranty? I am debating but I think not.

There's always the unlimited mileage warranty for 8 years on the important stuff, if a door handle or something that was an issue years ago and not sorted by now, then I'm sure its proven itself by lasting this long.

I'm with you there, ELM327. Now private sale prices are going down towards £30k, probably going well below it next year, and CPO firmly at £40k, there is a gap developing that would make it worthwhile to take the risk. Precisely because even the private sale cars are all still under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

One to keep an eye on , not too many brown ones about

https://www.donedeal.ie/damagedcars-for-sale/162-nissan-leaf-electric/17326644

NGIwMDg1Yjc1Zjk4MDdkYjZmZTUzYmM0MDc5MjY0MWYLQe5lBYzuyCVvlh-BpeeOaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b184OTQ5NTUyMXx8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

2016 Model S70 Autopilot 20k miles £46k

This won't hang around...

Linky

I wonder how much the VRT is on 2015 and 2016 cars?

That's a peculiar spec.
    Sunroof but not premium seats? As it's a 2016 it doesnt have free supercharging for the next owner (stays with the "life of the ownership").

Good deal for sure - especially with currently no CPO stock from Tesla - but I'd prefer a 2014 S85.

ELM327 wrote: »
    As it's a 2016 it doesnt have free supercharging for the next owner (stays with the "life of the ownership").

Does that apply to all 2016 and newer cars? And 2015 and before do have it for the life of the car?

Not that important as even a 5000km continental trip @25kWh/100km would set you back just €300 at the superchargers (24c/kWh)

I have searched online and cannot find the cutoff point. I am lead to believe by the posts on TMC forum that it was in 2016 that the change was made.

Agree, not that important, but still it's a USP.

If you do Bjorn like 100k km per year driving, it makes a huge difference.

No wonder the lad always looks happy. Free Tesla(s) and free charging :D

Late 2015 i3 for £14k, you'd land that for under €16k

Linky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

https://www.motors.co.uk/car-49135173

Looks like a good price(maybe too good, tbh!) relative to other 30kWh's. Mileage is at 32k miles but not really an issue and its gunmetal grey which is a nice colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Says it's a leased battery. :o

You're right... Avoid!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

More of an anti-bargain... At what price do you see that shifting?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-zoe-dynamique-intens-ze-auto/19061201

2015 Zoe with Leased Battery...

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Round Cable

grogi wrote: »
    More of an anti-bargain... At what price do you see that shifting?

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-zoe-dynamique-intens-ze-auto/19061201

2015 Zoe with Leased Battery...

€6-7k?

They are pretty much sale proof. You have to pay €1000 lease every year forever. The lease only stops when you scrap the car. When you eventually scrap it, to add insult to injury, you have to pay Renault a fine for removing the battery and shipping it off to be recycled.

A 2012 Fluence (no fast charging and very limited range) is worth about €2k, above Zoe owner should be delighted if he gets €5k for it imho

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

unkel wrote: »
    They are pretty much sale proof. You have to pay €1000 lease every year forever. The lease only stops when you scrap the car. When you eventually scrap it, to add insult to injury, you have to pay Renault a fine for removing the battery and shipping it off to be recycled.

A 2012 Fluence (no fast charging and very limited range) is worth about €2k, above Zoe owner should be delighted if he gets €5k for it imho

Apparently in the continent one can pay for the way out the flex agreement on the Zoe. They charge around €5k + VAT for 3-yo battery.

You can buy out the battery, allowing 10% depreciation YoY.

• Advertisement

grogi wrote: »
    Apparently in the continent one can pay for the way out the flex agreement on the Zoe. They charge around €5k + VAT for 3-yo battery.

I wonder can you do it here or in the UK and how much it costs?

My valuation was pretty ball park then. 5k value plus 6k battery buy out is 11k for a battery owned 2015 EV

Advertisement