Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Great value for Renault. They collect over 3.5k in extortion rental money and then collect 6k for selling their used and degraded asset.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

ELM327, that really seems like a genuine bargain.

Yes, I have the seller saved on ebay as they had a previous similar example at 32k a few months back. No tech pack in that one though. This one has all the spec really, dual chargers, tech pack. Colour is against it, if that type of thing bothers you!
    They seem to sell ex lease cars with higher than average miles. Not an issue for an EV of course.

The ad claims that there is drivetrain warranty until 2022 which I find odd. Maybe a third party one. But a 2014 has supercharging for life which is really really good incentive.

• Advertisement

Battery and drivetrain warranty to 2022 (8 years standard on all model S)
    The free for life of the car supercharging is another good point. Other than the miles on the clock and lack of AP it's a great option. And pity I only see it now - when I've just bought the IOniq!

Forgot about the unlimited miles drivetrain warranty. Please somebody buy it. If I hadn't bought the L40 I would have already hit the buy it now button. Dang! If it doesn't sell by end of the day I don't know what's wrong with people of UK/Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

The the kilometers on it not bother anyone? 170,000km on a 4 year old car.

I wouldn't be too worried about the miles, Model S seem to be able to take the miles. Of course as the miles rack up there will be issues with suspension etc. but as there are not too many items to routinely service... Of couse the wear and tear will eventually kick in but this kind of car would be a great tool for somebody expecting to rack lots of miles over the next 4 years as the drivetrain warranty is still there.

Some parts are quite dear out of warranty and maybe difficult to obtain. Used parts and 3rd party parts market seem to be getting better each year. Wonder how long it will be when can go to your local motor factor and order a wishbone for a Model S?

GarIT wrote: »
    The the kilometers on it not bother anyone? 170,000km on a 4 year old car.
    Nah they will do the miles with no issue really.

Any old (2014) Tesla car still on the road has had all the recalls etc done so it wouldnt worry me at all.

Bjorn's old 2014 model S sold recently with over 300k on the clock, still going grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Whats the battery Deg like? or is there even any?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Whats the battery Deg like? or is there even any?

Every battery in the World has degradation......

The projected lifecycle is something like half a million miles/15 years. Model S battery seem to be degrading maybe 2 percent per year.

Degradation trends for Model S

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

oh if I wasn't waiting on banks/mortgages I'd be all over that car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

I thought the general view was not to buy a Tesla unless it was CPO ?

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

80sDiesel wrote: »
    I thought the general view was not to buy a Tesla unless it was CPO ?
    It's an advantage but less so with the recent changes to the CPO program.
    At the moment you won't get much change out of £45k on the CPO list.
    This one is 15k cheaper!

https://www.nextecocar.ie/#9

Gen 1 selling for 6500.....cheap entry into electric cars

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ELM327 wrote: »
    It's an advantage but less so with the recent changes to the CPO program.
    At the moment you won't get much change out of £45k on the CPO list.
    This one is 15k cheaper!

You'd probably pay the same VRT though on a £30k private sale out of warranty Model S than a same year £45k, 4 year manufacturers warranty CPO Model S directly from Tesla :(

unkel wrote: »
    You'd probably pay the same VRT though on a £30k private sale out of warranty Model S than a same year £45k, 4 year manufacturers warranty CPO Model S directly from Tesla :(
    You would. I've seen people state they paid €3k-€4k VRT. Not awful to be fair. Puts that model S at around €37k landed.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Pay it and fight it with your £29,995 receipt. You could argue there is no VRT due at all since there is no valuable warranty and immaculate condition that comes with the far more expensive CPO cars.

• Advertisement

I'd love to try that actually. Considering the £29995 comes in around 33k EUR, the VRT should be 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Soarer

Soarer wrote: »

Is the Tekna the highest spec?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Is the Tekna the highest spec?

It is. Worth it!

samih wrote: »
    Dang! If it doesn't sell by end of the day I don't know what's wrong with people of UK/Ireland.
    Still available it seems

Yea, keeps appearing every time I go to the ebay. Maybe it's sign that I should sell the L40.

So lads....
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tesla-Model-S-85KWh-5dr/173448192271?hash=item286251610f:g:rCUAAOSw0BdbWGRE

£28950 now. There must be something wrong with it.
    Can you p/ex a car that's on finance :P

ELM327 wrote: »
    So lads....
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tesla-Model-S-85KWh-5dr/173448192271?hash=item286251610f:g:rCUAAOSw0BdbWGRE

£28950 now. There must be something wrong with it.
    Can you p/ex a car that's on finance?

Doesn't have a price to sell on it....still 7 days left....

I would guess seller is trying to sell on the cheap but get the market value

Also says it is advertised else where.....so not just bidding in ebay but against the unknown ghost bidders

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

ELM327 wrote:
    £28950 now. There must be something wrong with it. Can you p/ex a car that's on finance?

I'm guessing it's the high miles. 171k km is quite high.. it also mentions VAT qualifying, could it be an ex vat price?

• Advertisement

tedpan wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's the high miles. 171k km is quite high.. it also mentions VAT qualifying, could it be an ex vat price?

It's an ex Lease car I would guess from company that is selling it

Advertisement