Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

https://www.speakev.com/threads/nissan-leaf-30kwh-tekna-66-reg-6-6kw-charging-solar-spoiler.126536/#post-2349548

Mileage is high(100k) and its white but its a good price (£12.5k) if everything else is good and it has the 6.6kW charger.

Battery is at 94%. It has had a lot of rapid charges. The car certainly hasn't been idle so far in its life which is a good thing.

Might be worth checking out if you are in the market for a cheapish 30kWh. Manchester is also an easy trip for flight and ferry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/volkswagen/golf/used-2015-152-volkswagen-golf-electri-dublin-fpa-201808019019269

This is unreal value for money.....it started at 20k and very quickly has dropped down so owner looks to be desperate to sell

A 2015 eGolf sold earlier this year for 22k

Absolute bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Soarer

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/volkswagen/golf/used-2015-152-volkswagen-golf-electri-dublin-fpa-201808019019269

This is unreal value for money.....it started at 20k and very quickly has dropped down so owner looks to be desperate to sell

Absolute bargain

Either an absolute bargain, or be doggy wide.

Soarer wrote: »
    Either an absolute bargain, or be doggy wide.

No idea, I was actually thinking of emailing and asking why the price dropping so quick.....

Not sure what this means in ad; (LONG LIFE SERVICING AS PER INTERVAL DISPLAY OR MAX OF 2 YEARS)

I know I do a service every 12 months, I never hit the required KM's but as far as I know it tells you to service every 12 months.....

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Probably in mint condition from a VW main dealer? Even then it was overpriced imho.

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Probably in mint condition from a VW main dealer? Even then it was overpriced imho.

Not a main dealer, nonSIMI dealer which seemed to pop up out of nowhere...sold it and never seen again.....

Pics taken in front of shops if I remember correctly. Was a 152 as well so still was in manufacturer warranty...

Maybe not sold at 22k but was up at that price and marked as sold at that price. Even if 20k a drop of 4k has to be a good price.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Not a main dealer, nonSIMI dealer which seemed to pop up out of nowhere...sold it and never seen again.....

Pics taken in front of shops if I remember correctly. Was a 152 as well so still was in manufacturer warranty...

Maybe not sold at 22k but was up at that price and marked as sold at that price. Even if 20k a drop of 4k has to be a good price.....

Was it really sold or the ad simply expired?

grogi wrote: »
    Was it really sold or the ad simply expired?

No I talked to dealer....at that stage I had potential for a new 2018 eGolf and was checking if he could sell mine, he said he had buyer and and made offer....I didn't follow it up as I couldn't get the numbers to work on the 2018 eGolf

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Whats the going rate for a 2014 Leaf Tekna?

Might upgrade to that eGolf!

NIMAN wrote: »

You won't be disappointed :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

I was almost thinking the same on our 152 Tekna 24! What's the range on these yokes? What do they lack the the Leaf has or have that it doesn't?

134km EPA range

eGolf is a much nicer finished, clearly higher quality car than the Leaf and it drives so much better

If you want to carry 5 people, forget about it though, unless the 3 in the back are midgets :p

134km EPA range

eGolf is a much nicer finished, clearly higher quality car than the Leaf and it drives so much better

If you want to carry 5 people, forget about it though, unless the 3 in the back are midgets :p

I own both a Leaf and a Golf, and there is definitely a little more room in the back of the Leaf. Not much, but just enough to make booster seats more manageable.

My 3 teenage and almost teenage kids fit comfortably in Ioniq, but no way could they do more than short distances in the Golf. Tried to get them into a Leaf but they all refused including the missus :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Orebro

My 3 teenage and almost teenage kids fit comfortably in Ioniq, but no way could they do more than short distances in the Golf. Tried to get them into a Leaf but they all refused including the missus :p

Ha! I'm long gone past the stage of life to give a sh1te what people think of what my car looks like. Don't want to get in? Fine, wait for the bus in the rain!

I own both a Leaf and a Golf, and there is definitely a little more room in the back of the Leaf. Not much, but just enough to make booster seats more manageable.

I find that strange, I have the multimac installed in the back of Golf. The 1260 version

When I checked last time Multimac said it wouldnt fit into the Leaf as it was too big

g0g wrote: »
    I was almost thinking the same on our 152 Tekna 24! What's the range on these yokes? What do they lack the the Leaf has or have that it doesn't?

Range is better
    Battery is better
    Driving is better
    Interior is better
    Stereo is better
    Regen is better(also single peddle with B mode)
    Looks....do I need to say anything

Just a better all round car......:P:P:P:P:P:P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

OMSP about €70k, so 14% VRT = €10k minus €5k VRT discount? That would mean you could land the car for a bit over €64k

Renault Kangoo ZE Maxivan 22kWh

2012, commercial NCT + tax until May 2019, only 30k miles. Like new. And the big one: battery owned!

Bargain at €4k

Caveat. This can only charge with type 1 plug and only at 3.7kW max. Car is in Clonakilty, so you can't just go over and drive it home if you're in Dublin. Still a bargain. Could make a decent profit exporting to the UK. Or keeping it yourself of course. Tempted myself for taking the dog to the beach, but I've already got too many cars

Linky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Renault Kangoo ZE Maxivan 22kWh

2012, commercial NCT + tax until May 2019, only 30k miles. Like new. And the big one: battery owned!

Bargain at €4k

Caveat. This can only charge with type 1 plug and only at 3.7kW max. Car is in Clonakilty, so you can't just go over and drive it home if you're in Dublin. Still a bargain. Could make a decent profit exporting to the UK. Or keeping it yourself of course. Tempted myself for taking the dog to the beach, but I've already got too many cars

Linky

I was interested in this but can't get a quote on it privately, was advised to register as a company and just declare €0 in revenue at the end of the year. Said lack of back windows made a difference for getting private insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

GarIT wrote: »
    I was interested in this but can't get a quote on it privately, was advised to register as a company and just declare €0 in revenue at the end of the year. Said lack of back windows made a difference for getting private insurance.

On a totally unrelated topic, if a vehicle is purchased & registered in my wife's name (for example), but not subsequently insured, would my open-insurance policy (allowing cover in a vehicle not owned by me) enable me to legally drive that vehicle registered in my wife's name?

On a totally unrelated topic, if a vehicle is purchased & registered in my wife's name (for example), but not subsequently insured, would my open-insurance policy (allowing cover in a vehicle not owned by me) enable me to legally drive that vehicle registered in my wife's name?

As far as I know, no. At least for my open drive it has to be an insured vehicle not owned by a spouse. I know some that exclude children and parents too.

Just the thing about a vehicle "not owned by you" your wife's vehicle is owned by you. As far as your insurance is concerned you have an "insurable interest" in the vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

I majority of cases, the 'Driving of other cars' extension applies only to cars that are already covered to drive with a different policy. Practically speaking, there should be another policy with the car in question being explicitly listed.

You'll find the answer in your policy documents, but I would say that you won't be covered.

I'm actually quite disappointed about the van, I had a mattress ready to have a kip in the back for the 12-18 hours I'd have to spend charging it to get it home.

Was thinking of the restaurants I could try on the way home too.

And of course it was working out free for me. Repayments on a loan were less than the fuel savings I'd make.

You can't even get a bloody Twizzy for that price.

I requested a quote on insuremyvan.ie, they promptly rang me back and there was no mention at all of having to register as a company. They gave me a reasonable quote too (€520) although they wouldn't give me the full NCB I have on my other insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Bionicleg

That Reno would make a perfect home battery for a big pv system

Can't see this hang around - Ioniq EV for under €19k

Urgent private sale GBP17,200

Linky

With the current low Sterling, if you can negotiate him down to GBP16,700 (he's under pressure right?) you can land that for under €19k. I know it's a 2016 car, but I'd say it's highly unlikely you'll get an Ioniq EV for that kind of money again for a long time...

If anyone wants one, I'd jump in right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

What does debit card payments only mean...

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    What does debit card payments only mean...

I would assume it means no cash or cheque.

Advertisement