Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,883 ✭✭✭Soarer

listermint wrote: »
    What does debit card payments only mean...

That you can only pay with a debit card?

Seems a srange one for a private sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Soarer wrote: »
    That you can only pay with a debit card?

Seems a srange one for a private sale.

Seller obviously is a business of some sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

listermint wrote: »
    What does debit card payments only mean...

A legitimate payment? Wait a few hours until the money appears in your account (SEPA transfer started in the morning clear before end of business) and there is no way back out.

I wouldn't want the guts of 20k in cash either if I had a car for sale. Unless the buyer comes into the local bank with me and I deposit it into my account (bills verified by bank staff). And don't get me started on cheques. They should have been banned 50 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

No one pays 20k on Debit card .there is limits for a reason.

Add seems dodgy tbh.

It's odd he mentions it in his ad, it probably gets people suspicious, so he doesn't get the interest, he lowers the price and a smart gentleman will pick up a bargain here :p

Very easy to do a MOT / finance / CAT C or D / HPI check for very little money and the car is under bumper to bumper manufacturers warranty for another 3 years. I'd nearly go do it myself for an easy enough €3k profit for a days work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭denismc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

denismc wrote: »

That's a bit odd. Those pictures are of a premium SE (front parking sensors). The text states premium and cloth seats.

That's a bit odd. Those pictures are of a premium SE (front parking sensors). The text states premium and cloth seats.

Were the front sensors an option on the Premium maybe?

I rang them and had it confirmed as premium, they sent me pictures of the interior and it is cloth seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The lips

What does the premium SE add? Adaptive cruise and leather interior?

• Advertisement

The lips wrote: »
    What does the premium SE add? Adaptive cruise and leather interior?

Premium SE gets leather ventilated seats with electric adjustment, front parking sensors , blind spot detectors and a few more bits and pieces.

The Premium has adaptive cruise control so that would explain the sensors on the front.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

denismc wrote: »
    Premium SE gets leather ventilated seats with electric adjustment, front parking sensors , blind spot detectors and a few more bits and pieces.

The Premium has adaptive cruise control so that would explain the sensors on the front.

Adaptive cruise has nothing to do with front parking sensors.

Chevrolet Volt (same as Vauxhall Ampera) - £8,495

Linky

Seems like a bargain to me! Cheapest Vauxhall Ampera of the same year is a touch under £11k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

unkel wrote: »
    Chevrolet Volt (same as Vauxhall Ampera) - £8,495

Linky

Seems like a bargain to me! Cheapest Vauxhall Ampera of the same year is a touch under £11k

These work like the i3 PHEV don't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    These work like the i3 PHEV don't they?

Nope not quite. The petrol engine mostly just charges the battery and the electro motor mostly drives the car, but the petrol engine can also be directly driving the car if I understand it correctly

n97_mini just got one, he'll do up a dedicated thread soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

KCross wrote: »

circa €15k for a top spec 6.6kw L30. How is that not sold?

2014 Leaf 24kWh SV - €8399

From electricautos.ie, so warranty, good service etc.

Linky

Too good to be true? It is, the car has "***Bodywork needs attention, some deep scratches in paint.****"

No pics yet, so we don't know how bad it is, but could still be a good deal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Linky

Too good to be true? It is, the car has "***Bodywork needs attention, some deep scratches in paint.****"

Any concerns about the mileage and battery degradation?

• Advertisement

Nope. Leaf is very reliable, mileage isn't as hard on EVs as it is on normal cars. I would ask Phil to show me the LeafSpy results of state of health of the battery. As long as the result is as expected for a 4, almost 5 year old Leaf, I would have no concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Linky

I once bought a car was a model picture of paintwork disgrace - deep scratches from a kid washing it with stones...

The fix wasn't ideal, but far more than acceptable. And costed me €20 and three hours of work: €5 for buffing kit for drill and €15 for poslishing materials.

This is it. Or more extreme - some people don't mind the rat look. If it meant getting the car for a grand cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Would be a great way to obtain a shopping centre proof car if you can live with the scratches.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Hi lads, I'm in the market for a Nissan leaf and scratches wouldn't bother me.

What would I be looking for in terms of battery degradation?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ush1 wrote: »
    Hi lads, I'm in the market for a Nissan leaf and scratches wouldn't bother me.

What would I be looking for in terms of battery degradation?

On a 2014 Leaf, I would expect anything from 80% to 90% State of Health, 11 bars on the dash. anything above that is a bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

After deciding that I'll probably go with another Prius, I did a u-turn and decided to have a long look at the Leaf. It's a world I know nothing about, but am trying to learn!

I found this,

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/nissan/leaf/used-2014-141-nissan-leaf-tekna-with-dublin-fpa-201808199644521

and my limited knowledge suggests it's a good spec (Tekna) with 6.6kWh charger and low mileage. It's 'only' a 24kWh battery, but I don't know if the 30kWh was available in 2014 or not.

So, as an introduction to me sussing out the Leaf, would this be a good buy? Or not? And what's good/bad about it?

Thanks!

jasonb wrote: »
    After deciding that I'll probably go with another Prius, I did a u-turn and decided to have a long look at the Leaf. It's a world I know nothing about, but am trying to learn!

I found this,

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/nissan/leaf/used-2014-141-nissan-leaf-tekna-with-dublin-fpa-201808199644521

and my limited knowledge suggests it's a good spec (Tekna) with 6.6kWh charger and low mileage. It's 'only' a 24kWh battery, but I don't know if the 30kWh was available in 2014 or not.

So, as an introduction to me sussing out the Leaf, would this be a good buy? Or not? And what's good/bad about it?

Thanks!

You're right with your limited knowledge.
    Tekna (UK) and SVE (Ire) are the highest spec.
    6.6kW is the faster AC charger.
    The 30kWh version didn't come out until 2016.

She looks like a nice clean motor. Seeing as the seller is an "eco car" seller, they should have LeafSpy, and should be able to give you the State Of Health (SOH) of the battery. As long as that's in the mid to high 90s, she should be good to go.
    Plus she as the granny cable, so you'll be able to charge from a 3 pin socket at home before you get a proper charger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Orebro

kceire wrote: »
    On a 2014 Leaf, I would expect anything from 80% to 90% State of Health, 11 bars on the dash. anything above that is a bonus.

First post I've seen with someone saying to look out for 11 bars instead of 12 in the 1.5 Leaf - we're getting old :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

Soarer wrote: »
    You're right with your limited knowledge.
    Tekna (UK) and SVE (Ire) are the highest spec.
    6.6kW is the faster AC charger.
    The 30kWh version didn't come out until 2016.

She looks like a nice clean motor. Seeing as the seller is an "eco car" seller, they should have LeafSpy, and should be able to give you the State Of Health (SOH) of the battery. As long as that's in the mid to high 90s, she should be good to go.
    Plus she as the granny cable, so you'll be able to charge from a 3 pin socket at home before you get a proper charger.

Excellent, thanks for your reply! I don't want to hijack this thread too much, but is there much difference between the Tekna and the SVE, or are they different names for the same spec? Edit: Actually just saw here on Boards that the SVE and Tekna are basically the same...

Advertisement