Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

jasonb wrote: »
    Excellent, thanks for your reply! I don't want to hijack this thread too much, but is there much difference between the Tekna and the SVE, or are they different names for the same spec? Edit: Actually just saw here on Boards that the SVE and Tekna are basically the same...

Yup.
    Different names for different markets.

Ire UK
    XE Visia
    SV Acenta
    SVE Tekna

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I suppose technically not a bargain since they are full RRP but if you want a new one immediately they are there for the taking...

https://www.speakev.com/threads/hyundai-ioniq-electric-x4.129162

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

£25,995 for a silver Premium SE on the road is a good bit under the list price + metallic + delivery charges, I would have thought?

Edit - looked it up. With the reduction of the grant down from £4.5k to £3.5k, the RRP on the road for above with metallic paint (allowing £500 for that) is about £28,245, so a decent saving to be had here

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

unkel wrote:
    Edit - looked it up. With the reduction of the grant down from £4.5k to £3.5k, the RRP on the road for above with metallic paint (allowing £500 for that) is about £28,245, so a decent saving to be had here

Does that include VAT?

tedpan wrote: »
    Does that include VAT?

Yes of course it does. Isn't GBP26k bad enough? :p

I paid EUR25k for mine brand new not pre-registered...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Not exactly cheap, but a lot cheaper than the €100,880 price of a new one here. And you can drive it down from Tyrone!

Jaguar I-Pace 294kW EV400 SE 85kWh 5dr Auto 2018 Demonstrator £69,995

97b7e1df228e4ff3902bd0bb75d69f6b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Orebro

KCross wrote: »
    I suppose technically not a bargain since they are full RRP but if you want a new one immediately they are there for the taking...

https://www.speakev.com/threads/hyundai-ioniq-electric-x4.129162

Whats the story with these if they are under 6 months old / 6k Kms on the clock - don't you get stung for VAT in that case, and it gets a bit messy claiming it back from UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Orebro wrote: »
    Whats the story with these if they are under 6 months old / 6k Kms on the clock - don't you get stung for VAT in that case, and it gets a bit messy claiming it back from UK?

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

jasonb wrote: »
    After deciding that I'll probably go with another Prius, I did a u-turn and decided to have a long look at the Leaf. It's a world I know nothing about, but am trying to learn!

I found this,

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/nissan/leaf/used-2014-141-nissan-leaf-tekna-with-dublin-fpa-201808199644521

and my limited knowledge suggests it's a good spec (Tekna) with 6.6kWh charger and low mileage. It's 'only' a 24kWh battery, but I don't know if the 30kWh was available in 2014 or not.

So, as an introduction to me sussing out the Leaf, would this be a good buy? Or not? And what's good/bad about it?

Thanks!

That's far from a bargain. The asking price for our 152 Tekna was 12.9k (with 6.6kw) and it sold for a bit less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Bargain or no?
    2016 i3 94aH with a Rex.
    Strange thing is, it changed hands 15 days ago.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-i3-162-model-94ah-range-extender-fsh-immac/20121385

Also is this top Spec?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Bargain or no?
    2016 i3 94aH with a Rex.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-i3-162-model-94ah-range-extender-fsh-immac/20121385

Also is this top Spec?

Nice.
    No leather, was that an option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

ewj1978 wrote: »
    Bargain or no?
    2016 i3 94aH with a Rex.

Also is this top Spec?

It seems adaptive cruise control is missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Good price for that i3 with newer battery, Rex option, bigger centre screen and concierge service, but that's the basic interior trim missing the wood dash and leather. Other options like reverse camera etc not mentioned but could be fitted as the ad seems a bit short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

kceire wrote: »
    Nice.
    No leather, was that an option?

Its a BMW......everything is an option

Shefwedfan wrote: »

That's pub talk from the 90s. In the early noughties, BMW bought back the importership from Frank Keane and since then the Ireland and UK cars have the same base spec (which is quite good)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

Patser wrote: »
    Good price for that i3 with newer battery, Rex option, bigger centre screen and concierge service, but that's the basic interior trim missing the wood dash and leather. Other options like reverse camera etc not mentioned but could be fitted as the ad seems a bit short.

No reverse camera, there's no extra button here to the left of the idrive controller wheel:
    OWMzYzBiMzAxNGFlOTgzM2ZlZmEzMGQ3ZTE3ZWE4MmFEUJHBmze6OozGFPp8asJ_aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMTEyNjIwODV8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

How can a car that price not have a reversing camera?!

Bloomin' flip.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Soarer wrote: »
    How can a car that price not have a reversing camera?!

Bloomin' flip.

As said above

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Stranger and stranger..
    "A deposit will hold the car if you need time to sell your own or arrange finance."

So is this the base i3 but with the fancy 19's rather than the plate looking alloys?
    and if it is the base i3 why have the pro media with the bigger screen.

No reverse camera rules it out anyway.. but still who optioned this..

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭SSeanSS

Would ye think getting a Hyundai Ioniq 191 for 25,995 is good value? it was 29,995 but they offered 4k scrappage on car of mine that's only worth a few hundred

• Advertisement

SSeanSS wrote: »
    Would ye think getting a Hyundai Ioniq 191 for 25,995 is good value? it was 29,995 but they offered 4k scrappage on car of mine that's only worth a few hundred

Are they bringing out a "new" ioniq next year. Not a larger battery but an update to interior?

its being delivered in November so could get it registered for 182 but was thinking of waiting till January for 191

its being delivered in November so could get it registered for 182 but was thinking of waiting till January for 191

At this stage, wait for the 191 badge

Eh, yeah!!!

unkel wrote: »
    Eh, yeah!!!

Are they back offering scrappage on the Ioniq?

yeah i called dealer and they said they weren't offering scrappage on electric models, but it doesn't mention this on their scrappage offer on the wesbsite. I called hyundai main contact number in Dublin and they said they did offer scrappage on the electric but the only problem is availability, they called my local dealer to confirm.

As noted, great deal

Looks like Ioniq is back in scrappage

http://m.hyundai.ie/home/scrap.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

As noted, great deal

Looks like Ioniq is back in scrappage

http://m.hyundai.ie/home/scrap.html

Excellent deal

25k is a alot cheaper than the Leaf 40 with similar range

Long range Ioniq must not be long off if this is back

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Excellent deal

25k is a alot cheaper than the Leaf 40 with similar range

Hopefully, but if they have no batteries for the current model and no batteries for the Kona I don't expect them to have batteries for the Ioniq

• Advertisement

Mike9832 wrote: »

I don't think it's safe to draw that conclusion from one Irish Hyundai dealer offering scrappage on Ioniq :p

Advertisement