Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

unkel wrote: »
    I don't think it's safe to draw that conclusion from one Irish Hyundai dealer offering scrappage on Ioniq :p

See link, hyundai are back offering. Instead of the Ioniq it now says
    This offer does not apply to i30N and Kona Electric.

As suggested the problem is supply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭BigAl81

To stick to the thread title, if you saw an EV bargain this week, do you think you'd be better off waiting a few more weeks till 2019 comes around?

Does another years depreciation plus another round of cars coming of PCP make January more likely for a bargain?

Or does less people buying at this time of year mean less competition amongst buyers and sellers eager for some pre Christmas cash do people think?

BigAl81 wrote: »
    To stick to the thread title, if you saw an EV bargain this week, do you think you'd be better off waiting a few more weeks till 2019 comes around?

Does another years depreciation plus another round of cars coming of PCP make January more likely for a bargain?

Or does less people buying at this time of year mean less competition amongst buyers and sellers eager for some pre Christmas cash do people think?

Really people would want to be nuts to try and sell a car privately at the moment, if they are selling then they have a reason why so you can probably push the deal as they dont want the clock ticking over at end of December and losing value

Would I personally buy now, depends on the deal I suppose but I wouldn't worry about it. I did try to buy an Audi a few years ago in first week of December....when the dealer wouldn't budge on the price I walked out the door and told them I would wait till New Year and go to another Audi dealer.....:P:P

[COLOR=inherit !important]

#s3gt_translate_tooltip_mini { display: none !important; }[/COLOR]

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Good deal for someone there, you couldn't save much by going to the UK over that price.
    Wonder if a dealer will buy it and list at 25-26

EDIT: This post was somehow in response to Unkle's post below.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

171 Ioniq asking €23.9k. Leather seats so most likely a very high spec Premium SE (UK import)

He was previously looking for €24.4k and it has been for sale for the guts of a month

Linky

In Kilkenny unfortunately for many buyers, also in white which is less desirable and already got 45km on the clock

That said, If I were the seller, I would not refuse a serious offer of €23k. Or even a bit less. And that would make it a good value car (no way you could import one from the UK yourself for under €23k)

• Advertisement

171 Ioniq asking €23.9k. Leather seats so most likely a very high spec Premium SE (UK import)

He was previously looking for €24.4k and it has been for sale for the guts of a month

Linky

In Kilkenny unfortunately for many buyers, also in white which is less desirable and already got 45km on the clock

That said, If I were the seller, I would not refuse a serious offer of €23k. Or even a bit less. And that would make it a good value car (no way you could import one from the UK yourself for under €23k)

It's white :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    It's white :mad::mad::mad:

I think white really suits Ioniq though. There are some cars that look best in white and I think this is one of them.

White is for vans imho, I agree with Shefwedfan :p

That said, I have seen pictures of a modified Ioniq, with glossy black wrapped grill, glossy black wrapped roof and tinted windows and it didn't look half bad. I guess all that would cost a few hundred quid. I'm not much of a car modifier, but if I were ever to be able to live with a white car, it would have to be made to look the least bad possible!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Linky

Nice.

Anyone wana buy a 141 White Leaf :)

Loads of people :)

• Advertisement

samih wrote: »
    I think white really suits Ioniq though. There are some cars that look best in white and I think this is one of them.

White is for vans and for police cars

After that no car should be allowed on the road in white :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭zg3409

This crowd seem to have about 5 used ioniq in various branches in UK. Some are very new late 2018 models so may not meet the over 6 months old and more than 6000km rules for used imports, but prices look keen:

https://www.sgpetch.co.uk/used-cars#usedcars

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Don't worry about the 6000kms rule, that's easily fixed by booking your VRT appointment for 30days after entry to state and driving it up over 6000kms in the meantime (I've done it!!!).
    No getting around the 6months old however

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

slave1 wrote: »
    Don't worry about the 6000kms rule, that's easily fixed by booking your VRT appointment for 30days after entry to state and driving it up over 6000kms in the meantime (I've done it!!!).
    No getting around the 6months old however

Or buying without UK VAT, and paying Irish VAT at the NCT centre. A very simple process, as I keep saying on here.

SG Petch have done this for at least one buyer on this board.

zg3409 wrote: »
    This crowd seem to have about 5 used ioniq in various branches in UK. Some are very new late 2018 models so may not meet the over 6 months old and more than 6000km rules for used imports, but prices look keen:

https://www.sgpetch.co.uk/used-cars#usedcars

When did they launch the 33kWh version?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

There is no 33kWh version.
    It's 28kWh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Maybe they are referring to total capacity as opposed to usable capacity.

The Ioniq is 28kWh usable but obviously its total is more than that.

I havent seen the total confirmed anywhere though so I dont know how they came up with that figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Soarer wrote: »

Nice if you had the cash, would need to rack up a few km on it first

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

KCross wrote: »
    Maybe they are referring to total capacity as opposed to usable capacity.

The Ioniq is 28kWh usable but obviously its total is more than that.

I havent seen the total confirmed anywhere though so I dont know how they came up with that figure.

The Ioniq has 192 43Ah cells with a nominal voltage of 3.75V. To give 30.96kWh pack. The cells are believed to be this one

https://shop.envites.de/images/pdf_my/LithiumIon43.pdf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭BigAl81

liamog wrote:
    The Ioniq has 192 34Ah cells with a nominal voltage of 3.75V. To give 30.96kWh pack. The cells are believed to be this one

Thanks for that info. Does that mean with 10% battery degradation over time, the Ioniq would have about a net 28kWhs still available.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Not sure if you could class as a bargain but my car looks to be holding its value....

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/volkswagen/golf/used-2015-151-volkswagen-golf-e-golf-dublin-fpa-201812083102826

• Registered Users Posts: 8,031 ✭✭✭Patser

Not sure if you could class as a bargain but my car looks to be holding its value....

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/volkswagen/golf/used-2015-151-volkswagen-golf-e-golf-dublin-fpa-201812083102826

That's nothing, you want to see best EV for holding value.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/car/20167797

5 years old and still at 70% original RRP, and far from isolated, they all seem to sit happily around that price or more..... I really want one, and a band saw to cut off roof and just have a fun/sun buggy in my shed for our rare heatwaves

Nobody is going to pay anywhere near the asking price for either the Twizy or the eGolf posted above.

Nobody is going to pay anywhere near the asking price for either the Twizy or the eGolf posted above.

152 eGolf sold for 22k this year

Normally Bill Griffen price the cars to sell quickly so they think it will sell....

I know their was a exception this year and someone sodl for 15k but they dropped the price too quick and too regular,,,,,

Strange time for EV sakes.
    People either want the cheap ones or buy new.

I put mine up for sale last Sunday.

3 calls. 2 were dealers.
    One offered a decent cash price for a quick sale.
    They other offered way above average price if I was considering a new L40 with them.

Selling the L24? What ya buying?

Selling the L24? What ya buying?

Don’t know..... to both questions!

Had the chance of an 08 X5 SD (that’s the same engine as the 535d) crew cab so I put it up for sale. Was also looking at a Mk6 Golf GTi so it could swing either way!

I’m gona go out to the dealer on Saturday to see what the cost to get into an L40 is and I’ll make a decision.

I love the tech of the Leaf and the spec but it’s 2 years in the same car. That’s the longest I’ve had a car in over 10 years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Wasn't sure where to post this, but felt compelled to share.. :D

Advertisement