Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Back to EV bargains.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/tesla-model-s-2014/264147442655?hash=item3d806a1bdf:g:avgAAOSwFx5cLMlK

Currently at £28k with 4 days to go. Sounds like an ex CPO car, with battery replaced under warranty (some of the later 85 packs that went in for warranty replacements are actually software limited 90 packs, you can tell by the label visible on the battery pack when looking under the drivers seat)

grogi wrote: »
    Insurance companies are explicitly forbidden from using sex as premium determination factor.

Any time I offered it to them my premium went up and not down.

Although perhaps they are not into hagrid lookalikes! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ELM327 wrote: »
    Back to EV bargains.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/tesla-model-s-2014/264147442655?hash=item3d806a1bdf:g:avgAAOSwFx5cLMlK

Currently at £28k with 4 days to go. Sounds like an ex CPO car, with battery replaced under warranty (some of the later 85 packs that went in for warranty replacements are actually software limited 90 packs, you can tell by the label visible on the battery pack when looking under the drivers seat)

He specifically states:

"Pre-Owned Limited Warranty:

Warranty end date – 16 December 2021

Warranty end mileage – 91,587"

So, yes it's a CPO car. The CPO warranty is attractive. I presume, like manufacturers warranty, it transfers to the new owner, even if they live in another EU country. EU ahem, I presume you need to buy it before Brexit? :D

Surely it will go for a lot more than the current £28.8k? I guess about £36k

Currently at GBP30,100, reserve not met, ending in 37 minutes...

Yes have been watching it too.
    Wonder what the reserve is.

• Advertisement

Looks like there wasn't much appetite for it, even though it had the extended full Tesla warranty. Which is great news :D

You reckon the price of early Model S will drop significantly once there is a decent stream of Model 3 incoming into the UK sometime early to mid next year?

I'm already seeing lower prices for model S here, they are back to what they were 12 months ago.
    When model 3 comes out in RHD I think the pre-AP model S cars will reduce in price.
    But Brexit can play havoc with that. What I'm hoping for is a brexit within the customs union but where the sterling suffers. Making a £30k model S equal to €25k would be brilliant! I'd prefer a P85+ with no AP to an S60 with AP anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Come on lads and ladies.....we need a proper bargain around 3-4k that I can buy

The challenge is you choose to accept it is to get an electric car very cheap :-) then point it out to me so I can buy it :-)

Shefwedfan wrote: »

The challenge is you choose to accept it is to get an electric car very cheap :-) then point it out to me so I can buy it :-)

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fully-electric-120tax-new-nct-tiny-km-a-c/20789858

Cheapest EV in Ireland at the moment. 5950

Make the 4k budget 24k and you can have my Ioniq. Only caveat is you have to become a fanboi and clutter up the other threads talking about motorway efficiency and thermal management.

There is none. And the lower end UK prices have gone up by a good 20-30% in the last year or two, while the cars have gone older. Very strong negative depreciation

The only non-battery lease EV in your budget in Ireland (except for the odd invalid car / Reva G-Wiz) is that Kangoo ZE MaxiVan I linked to in this thread - yours for €4k.

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    There is none. And the lower end UK prices have gone up by a good 20-30% in the last year or two, while the cars have gone older. Very strong negative depreciation

The only non-battery lease EV in your budget in Ireland (except for the odd invalid car / Reva G-Wiz) is that Kangoo ZE MaxiVan I linked to in this thread - yours for €4k.

I know...I was joking

Sure even the Zoe battery rentals are going up in price from last year in NI....you could buy a 2013 for 5k last year, a 2013 is 5500 this year and it is a year old....

The person who picked up that exTaxi for 2k a while back should be laughing to the bank now :P

Was 4k asking wasnt it?

The only prices that havent gone up are the Zoes. Loads of them for sale too. Make of that what you wish... I

Was 4k asking wasnt it?

The only prices that havent gone up are the Zoes. Loads of them for sale too. Make of that what you wish... I

It was a light blue one, I think 1 or 2 bars gone and 100k km's on it.....from what I remember he had up for 4k maybe but it was on one of the websites as sold for 2k :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

ELM327 wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fully-electric-120tax-new-nct-tiny-km-a-c/20789858

Cheapest EV in Ireland at the moment. 5950

Make the 4k budget 24k and you can have my Ioniq. Only caveat is you have to become a fanboi and clutter up the other threads talking about motorway efficiency and thermal management.

Ghastly looking.

Leaf for same money

https://www.donedeal.co.uk/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-2011-electric-car/20839929

A Leaf with a decent enough range (probably 2 bars missing) for under €6k asking price is a bit of a bargain these days. Car is in Dublin, ad is up 4 days. Wonder why it isn't sold?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

..maybe because I wouldn't touch a private seller with 10 car ads, no proper inside shots with the car turned on, caps on text, spelling mistakes and states car comes with 11KW battery?, could be the earliest version, may not even have rapid charger, no proper EV details at all....walk from that guy

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

And the Tesla is back up. Auction ending tomorrow morning. Buy it now GBP35k, which is not unreasonable for a car with several years Tesla full warranty left, albeit from a private sale.

Linky

Nissan Leaf E (110kw) Acenta (40kWh), asking of £22k, would want that price to drop further before biting though, maybe another 6 months....

https://usedcars.nissan.co.uk/en/vehicles/nissan/leaf/e-110kw-acenta-40kwh-5-dr-hatchback-hkbwjp9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

A Leaf with a decent enough range (probably 2 bars missing) for under €6k asking price is a bit of a bargain these days. Car is in Dublin, ad is up 4 days. Wonder why it isn't sold?

Anyone think a 2011 like this one would be still drivable in five yrs time,or would the batteries be goosed?

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Anyone think a 2011 like this one would be still drivable in five hrs time,or would the batteries be goosed?

They'll be fine in five hours, maybe needing another charge.

Five years....anyone's guess as we simply don't have any empirical evidence yet

• Advertisement

slave1 wrote: »
    They'll be fine in five hours, maybe needing another charge.

Five years....anyone's guess as we simply don't have any empirical evidence yet

Thanks, so six grand for an 11 leaf is pretty exspensive then.

Pretty cheap actually, the same car in the UK would set you back GBP6k

That said, personally I would up my budget to about EUR9k and go for a 2014 Leaf with the newer battery

Pretty cheap actually, the same car in the UK would set you back GBP6k

That said, personally I would up my budget to about EUR9k and go for a 2014 Leaf with the newer battery

Normal driving could you hazard a guess how long the 11 would be good for?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Normal driving could you hazard a guess how long the 11 would be good for?

70-80km

The 2011 Leaf you are talking about has 9 bars out of 12. I asked and most people said range of circa 80km......

The 2011 Leaf you are talking about has 9 bars out of 12. I asked and most people said range of circa 80km......

Sorry....asking how many yrs driving left?

No Idea, depends on a number of factors.

How many km per year
    How many fast charges?
    What is current state of battery?

When will the next bar drop?

No Idea, depends on a number of factors.

How many km per year
    How many fast charges?
    What is current state of battery?

When will the next bar drop?

Thanks.
    The fact that it may be worthless in 3 yrs time is very off putting to be honest.

Thanks.
    The fact that it may be worthless in 3 yrs time is very off putting to be honest.

Hardly be worthless....

Even a battery with a lot of bars gone will be useful to the right solar PV set up....I would expect going forward that some companies will start to regen these batteries for a couple of k....it would make sense....Some crowds starting in UK at the moment.....

I was looking at it myself but still 100% sure I need to buy another car so will see how it goes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Going only by my own observations and research, I would say the car has a good 5 years of practical use left before range becomes a real issue. The most degradation seems to be in the first 5 years and slows after. That said, we have little to go on, so it is just speculation on my part.

Though I suspect we will have reconditioning and replacement options for reasonable money before then.

I own a 2012 Leaf and driving normally on local and national roads, 90km is quite easily achieved with temps above 10 degrees C.
    Thanks.

Highly unlikely. There was a 2011 Leaf for sale with half the bars gone (very extreme case) and it was still commanding big enough money on DD.

Stay Free

Advertisement