Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

ELM327 wrote: »
    All teslas sold in UK have a minimum of ~3 years warranty remaining anyway.

Only on battery and drivetrain though, isn't it?

Don't care about the battery size myself either. Would like AP and would like 7 seat option. Don't really care about anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

I'm not a fan of the old seats. I find the new ones much more comfortable.

I'm not sure if the 60 kWh models were affected by battery/drivetrain issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Sabre Man wrote: »
    I'm not a fan of the old seats. I find the new ones much more comfortable.

I'm not sure if the 60 kWh models were affected by battery/drivetrain issues.

I've heard that about the seats alright. I've sat in the older ones only, but found them prone to sliding out. The seats in my Ioniq offer more bolstering.

The older 60 (ie the one that is not a software limited 75) was prone to slightly higher degradation, but I don't think they had drivetrain issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

So AP? Autopilot? As in radar guided cruise control, or changing lanes and stuff?
    Dual Charger? As in 2no. onboard 7kW AC chargers or something?

What other interesting options would they have? Because, as it's looking, there'll soon be a choice between a Kona EV, the L62, and an early Model S.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Soarer wrote: »
    So AP? Autopilot? As in radar guided cruise control, or changing lanes and stuff?
    Dual Charger? As in 2no. onboard 7kW AC chargers or something?

What other interesting options would they have? Because, as it's looking, there'll soon be a choice between a Kona EV, the L62, and an early Model S.

AP is full autopilot. AP1, which is what is fitted to the earlier cars, is a standalone product and will not be further updated. AP2 is on newer cars, and AP2.5 is on newer cars again. AP1 is capable of all the flash changing lanes stuff etc

Dual chargers means 2*11kW onboard AC chargers to support 22kW gross AC charging.

Other options include tech pack (mandatory as it includes proper nav and auto lift gate among other things), cold pack (heated seats etc), upgraded audio, 7 seat options etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

Not sure how to think about Cat D Tesla's. Obviously you'd do your homework on what it was written off for and how it was repaired, but surely there would be consequences in terms of insuring it here, warranty etc. Anyone gone this route?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Boredom has set in.......too long without swapping a car is so I bite the bullet and stuck up the eGolf....

My Misses is laughing, she didn't think I would last this long, said I would have it sold 6 months ago......VW are just too slow with the Neo and my mid term plan of the eNiro seems to be gone the way of dodo...

What I will get, no fecking idea :-) might buy a Tesla for the crack

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Boredom has set in.......too long without swapping a car is so I bite the bullet and stuck up the eGolf....

My Misses is laughing, she didn't think I would last this long, said I would have it sold 6 months ago......VW are just too slow with the Neo and my mid term plan of the eNiro seems to be gone the way of dodo...

What I will get, no fecking idea :-) might buy a Tesla for the crack

That yours on DD for 20k?

kceire wrote: »
    That yours on DD for 20k?

Price changed now.....

It's a throw up at the moment.......Misses now talking about selling both cars :eek:

I wont swap 2 in same year again, I need to stagger them to keep the urge to swap down :P

• Advertisement

Nice car!

Cheapest one in UK is GBP16k from cargiant, so I'd be hopeful for you that you'd get €18k for yours. I would sell the Multimac separately though, surely it would fit in any Golf? You should get good money for that too.

unkel wrote: »
    Nice car!

Cheapest one in UK is GBP16k from cargiant, so I'd be hopeful for you that you'd get €18k for yours. I would sell the Multimac separately though, surely it would fit in any Golf? You should get good money for that too.

+1
    Was thinking it was an 18k car on a good day. Also sell the multimac on adverts or similar.

Always people asking about them in the main motors section.

Getting a bit of a serious want to buy horn for a Model S these days hoping (wishful thinking more like) that an early car with AP and 7 seats preferably can be had for not much more than 30k GBP. And I will fight the case and hope for a zero or near zero VRT bill on it.

That would be not hugely over €35k landed and if I could sell Ioniq privately for about €23k, the extra outgoings would be palatable. Just :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

unkel wrote: »
    Getting a bit of a serious want to buy horn for a Model S these days hoping (wishful thinking more like) that an early car with AP and 7 seats preferably can be had for not much more than 30k GBP. And I will fight the case and hope for a zero or near zero VRT bill on it.

That would be not hugely over €35k landed and if I could sell Ioniq privately for about €23k, the extra outgoings would be palatable. Just :p

What’s the mileage on these early 30k GBP seven seaters with AP?

Well, I haven't seen one that cheap to be honest! But a CPO car with a few years full warranty left went on eBay for GBP31k a few weeks ago. After it failed to sell the first time round. That's a lot cheaper than they used to be, so I see a downwards trend. Might have to wait until the end of the year or nearly next year to pick one up with a few desirable extras for around the GBP30k mark. Or so I hope :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I imagine once the Model 3 is out in the UK it will drive the price of the Model S down slightly too.

Would the free supercharging for life carry over with an S?

I expect the same Nedved85. Not just the Model 3 but the arrival of several higher end EVs. And the early Model S are getting older now. Not everyone over in the UK wants an old car to put it mildly, which has been of great benefit to me in the past :D

And yes, the free supercharging carries over, it stays with the car. Not that I would put any significant value on that, but if you take a 10k km continental grand driving holiday every year, it would make a wee difference alright.

The multimac will sell no problem :-)

If I am removing it then I will keep it, if people want to buy car with it then it will go.....already had a few calls this morning looking for it

Have been told now both cars have to go, so I might be sneaky and try keep the eGolf till next year and remove the swap itch by getting rid of Galaxy :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

The golf looks class. Good luck with the decision process. It's never easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Any bargain EVs out there?
    Need to upgrade my 151 Leaf. Looking for at least a 30kWh battery with 6.6kW charger.

• Advertisement

Looks well with the Juke wheels, better than the SVE ones IMO.

Yup.

Completely changes the look of the car IMO. Didn't know what they were from.

Yup.

Completely changes the look of the car IMO. Didn't know what they were from.

Everyone on Donedeal now searching for crashed Jukes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭Markcheese

That's a lot of car for the money... Looks well, tiny milage and precious little to go wrong on it...

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Call it laziness, but I don't fancy the hassle of importing... plus, I'd prefer a relatively quick purchase.
    But thanks for the heads-up ;-)

Call it laziness, but I don't fancy the hassle of importing... plus, I'd prefer a relatively quick purchase.
    But thanks for the heads-up ;-)

No worries.

You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil has to be lead!

From the eGolf point of view they say you can swap the alloys but expect it to affect the range on the car

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    From the eGolf point of view they say you can swap the alloys but expect it to affect the range on the car

I'd assume its the same with the Leaf too unless you swap like for like with regards to size and weight.
    Tyre choice has an effect too. Specific EV tyres should be used over standard tyres.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

A friend sent this on, no idea, but might be useful to someone.

2016 Model S - Rear ended:
    https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/55738218

Advertisement