Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    A friend sent this on, no idea, but might be useful to someone.

2016 Model S - Rear ended:
    https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/55738218

To my trained eye, that looks like it's had a tip at the back.

Can't put my finger on it, but something just doesn't look right.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,387 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Someone will buff that out :p

They're looking for crazy prices anytime I've seen a written off structurally damaged Model S for sale after it was repaired. Just a few grand cheaper than a normal car. Not worth the risk owning one imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Any bargain EVs out there?
    Need to upgrade my 151 Leaf. Looking for at least a 30kWh battery with 6.6kW charger.

Looking for an Ioniq?

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shanemkelly

Well, I'm not NOT looking for one...

ELM327 wrote: »
    Looking for an Ioniq?

Best price

swop my addds lad

9 cash tonite

:p

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Best price

swop my addds lad

9 cash tonite

:p

In all seriousness I have provisionally agreed in the last few minutes to sell the Ioniq.

No depreciation.

Have gotten a (diesel) run around sorted cheaply until I sort my next EV. Am aiming for a model S.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Looking for an Ioniq?

Swap for a mars bar and a half eaten hang sangwitch?

Wot's your last price? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Would I be mad to think I could get a decent EV for €10k? Could have charger installed at home. Don't so many long journeys but would need to now and again. Could probably borrow a car for these occasions.

I would prefer a Leaf to a Zoe tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Wheety wrote: »
    Would I be mad to think I could get a decent EV for €10k?

Yes

Next :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

https://www.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=2224673&r=s.php%3Fe%3D10000%26f%3D4%26g%3D0

I'd imagine the range would be pretty bad? Was it 2014 when the 30kw ones came in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

I'd imagine the range would be pretty bad?

That depends on what range you need! :P

Its down a bar so probably around 80% of original capacity.

How much range you get from that is dependent on what kind of a driver you are and what roads you drive (motorway v L/N roads).
    Was it 2014 when the 30kw ones came in?

161+

There were improvements in the battery from 132+ but not all 132's.
    Look for 141+ to be sure. The beige interior and lack of Eco button on the steering wheel means its the Japan built version, which you dont want.

Would I be mad to think I could get a decent EV for €10k?

Not mad at all. You can get a 141 Leaf from about €9k. A lot of car for the money that's reliable and will cost almost nothing to run.

Am aiming for a model S.

Good luck and keep us updated!

I have a strong urge myself. I am expecting the Model S to come down. I saw a very good review of the Model 3 LR AWD performance yesterday and the guy basically said it is in many ways a better car than the Model S. Hopefully a lot of Model S owners will swap for Model 3, giving us more supply and bringing prices down.

Going to have the runaround for a few months, get finances in order and move house again (potentially), so hopefully that will give enough time for the prices to drop into the <€40k range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Going to have the runaround for a few months, get finances in order and move house again (potentially), so hopefully that will give enough time for the prices to drop into the <€40k range.

I was in VW today....ID will be able to preorder soon....

We will have you in an ID yet :p

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    I was in VW today....ID will be able to preorder soon....

We will have you in an ID yet :p

Unless the Rivian pickup truck or electric F150 are out in the next 3-9 months I'll be in a Tesla then. No hope of buying an ID.

I'd buy a VW electric camper van actually.

Back to EV bargains:
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201902014517633?postcode=l10aa&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=price-asc&make=TESLA&page=1

2015 S70D with AP1, only £36k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Unless the Rivian pickup truck or electric F150 are out in the next 3-9 months I'll be in a Tesla then. No hope of buying an ID.

I'd buy a VW electric camper van actually.

Back to EV bargains:
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201902014517633?postcode=l10aa&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&sort=price-asc&make=TESLA&page=1

2015 S70D with AP1, only £36k

Sound good Elm

You've had depreciation free motoring for a while, fair play

Are you not afraid of owning a Tesla out of warranty?

I know battery and drivetrain are covered, but the rest.

Amount of stuff I would be reading on Tesla forums with stuff going wrong is mental and the cost to fix is insane, huge money for stuff likes shocks that seem to be made out of plastic

In the latest consumer report they came 27 out of 29

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/24/tesla-reliability-slips-to-third-worst-in-us-consumer-reports-says.html

Mike9832 wrote: »
    Sound good Elm

You've had depreciation free motoring for a while, fair play

Are you not afraid of owning a Tesla out of warranty?

I know battery and drivetrain are covered, but the rest.

Amount of stuff I would be reading on Tesla forums with stuff going wrong is mental and the cost to fix is insane, huge money for stuff likes shocks that seem to be made out of plastic

In the latest consumer report they came 27 out of 29

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/24/tesla-reliability-slips-to-third-worst-in-us-consumer-reports-says.html

Air suspension is what causes the issues with suspension and shocks.
    I've followed Bjorn and other tesla youtubers and they do massive miles in challenging terrain and don't seem to be hit by these big bills.

A tesla is not the same as a korean ecobox, it's like complaining that the bills for a mercedes e class or bmw 5 series repair are more expensive than a fiesta or dacia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Air suspension is what causes the issues with suspension and shocks.
    I've followed Bjorn and other tesla youtubers and they do massive miles in challenging terrain and don't seem to be hit by these big bills.

A tesla is not the same as a korean ecobox, it's like complaining that the bills for a mercedes e class or bmw 5 series repair are more expensive than a fiesta or dacia.

Good luck

This is the cheapest one for sale in Ireland now.
    €47k for a RWD P85 with (i presume, as I don't see the AP stalk or the black box in the grille) no AP
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/tesla-model-s-p85-kwh-performance-416bhp/20931397

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Fella on the FB group selling chargers.

Zappi tethered 7kw version for €500
    Rolec 7kw version also. Not sure on that price.

2016 Model S 90D AP

That's the exact model I drove in Sandyford. 0-60 in a touch over 4s and enormous grip. I know it's a cat D, but still pretty decent value at GBP44k. Very low miles and still a full years Tesla bumper to bumper warranty left (and a full 5 years on battery and drivetrain)

s-l1600.jpg

Linky

That's lovely, the exact spec I'd love to have to be honest

I would have to see some sort of documentary evidence of the work done to repair the cat d and a confirmation from Tesla that the car is still supported for remaining battery/drivetrain warranty and allowed to supercharge (see issues mainly in US with salvage titles not being supported by Tesla for warranty or for supercharging)

£44k for a 2016 S90D is a great deal. Pity it's not an X is the only negative I can say!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Looks like a great deal. I would also want Tesla (or at least somebody competent) to take a look at the repair before committing. Cat D could be a flood too I guess not necessary a collision.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

kceire wrote: »
    Fella on the FB group selling chargers.

Zappi tethered 7kw version for €500
    Rolec 7kw version also. Not sure on that price.

Do you have a link? Sorry, not being lazy, I don't see this in the Irish ev group on FB . Cheers

Do you have a link? Sorry, not being lazy, I don't see this in the Irish ev group on FB . Cheers

I cant link to the exact post for some reason, but its in this group.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/107445206006743?ref=share

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

kceire wrote: »

Any mention of 16A or 32A?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Any mention of 16A or 32A?

no mention of it, sorry.

• Advertisement

16A tethered type 1 would have a very limited market at this stage. Wouldn't be worth anywhere near €275 if it was a 16A.

Advertisement