Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭zg3409

I talked to him and he said he is based "near Trim" which was an odd answer.....

Map with exact location here:
    https://electriccarsales.ie/contact/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭zg3409

I talked to him and he said he is based "near Trim" which was an odd answer.....

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭cgc5483

zg3409 wrote: »

I've bought off him with no issues. Knows his stuff and is very passionate about EVs. Location is all there. He's renting yard behind a house which is not where he lives. That one has been there a couple of months now. It's fairly immaculately kept for a car that has over 250k on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

unkel wrote: »
    +1

He can only sell into the trade with no warranty.

Absolutely and completely Wrong.
    He can sell to anybody with no warranty if major faults are advertised and declared , as he has done , according to irish consumer affairs law.
    Declared Transmission noise = major fault, reflected in the asking price .

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Bigus wrote: »
    He can sell to anybody with no warranty if major faults are advertised and declared , as he has done , according to irish consumer affairs law.

You don't seem to understand the sale of goods act. He can sell the car with the fault as advertised and the buyer will have no comeback on this particular fault

Still the car needs to be of merchantable quality / fit for purpose. It the battery dies (or anything else unrelated to the declared fault) the day after you bought the car, you DO have comeback

None of this has anything to do with any warranty the seller gives or specifically does not give...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Bigus wrote: »
    True
    But any sale term cannot reduce the customer's entitlement when purchasing from a commercial entity which is that goods must be fit for purpose.

Obviously a described fault is excluded but the rest of the car must be covered.

Tesla Model S Autopilot GBP35k - these prices are really beginning to look realistic to me :)

3736350a4fc1499e91671268b3584b4f.jpg

Linky

They were £32k before from Tesla. There's a bit to fall yet, I wouldn't be parting with my cash just yet. Especially with the brits about to shoot themselves in the foot!

EDIT: It's an old 60kWh (ie the non software limited one) so I would steer clear. Slower SC speeds and the pack voltage is lower so slower chademo speed too. Best hold out for an S85 at least.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

ELM327 wrote: »
    They were £32k before from Tesla. There's a bit to fall yet, I wouldn't be parting with my cash just yet. Especially with the brits about to shoot themselves in the foot!

EDIT: It's an old 60kWh (ie the non software limited one) so I would steer clear. Slower SC speeds and the pack voltage is lower so slower chademo speed too. Best hold out for an S85 at least.

I agree, if at all possible I'd only go for a 2016+ 85+ model but then I'm into Model 3 world, interesting times as Tesla yo yo their new pricing with impacts on used values.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

An S85 with AP1 and tech pack should suit but the best would be a 2016+ S85 with a software limited 90 pack for better SC speed.
    Same with the newer 60/70 S/X which are software limited 75 packs. I have a real grá for the model X and am holding a candle of hope that within 12 months the early X60/X70 will be under €50-55k !

• Advertisement

Slow charging speeds are irrelevant for me (what are we talking about anyway, 7.2kW vs 11kW?) and I probably wouldn't even buy a CHAdeMO adapter if the car didn't come with one

Battery size is not that important to me either, the 60kWh would be more than plenty for me

I know far too little about the Teslas, is there any performance difference between the two? Now that is something that is important to me.

Also, anyone know if the 2 additional seats in the boot can be retro-fitted?

Slow charging speeds are irrelevant for me (what are we talking about anyway, 7.2kW vs 11kW?) and I probably wouldn't even buy a CHAdeMO adapter if the car didn't come with one

Battery size is not that important to me either, the 60kWh would be more than plenty for me

I know far too little about the Teslas, is there any performance difference between the two? Now that is something that is important to me.

Also, anyone know if the 2 additional seats in the boot can be retro-fitted?
    SC = Supercharging speeds, so you're talking 90kW vs 110-115kW in an s85

You're talking about 11kW on AC unless it has dual chargers in which case it's 22kW

7 seats cannot be retrofitted

S60 is less powerful than S85, S85D is more powerful again.

Just did a quick performance comparison. S85D is probably not an option for me as it came out later, so would be more expensive. Leaves this trio of early Model S:

S85 367BHP, 430NM, 5.9s
    S85P 422BHP, 600NM, 4.6s
    S60 388BHP, 430NM, 6.2s

Nothing in it between S60 and S85

That S60 figure is wrong ;)
    The motor is smaller than the S85 so it can't have more power!

EDIT you're probably seeing figures for the facelifted S60 which is a software limited 75 pack. This only came out in 2016 (AFAIR), for true apples to apples comparison of the early cars you need the original S60.

That S60 figure is wrong ;)
    The motor is smaller than the S85 so it can't have more power!

Looked up a few sources (wiki, autoweek, parkers), all say bhp, NM and 0-60 are pretty much identical (and yes I am talking about the early models, not the 60kWh software limited that is really a 75kWh)

Looked up a few sources (wiki, autoweek, parkers), all say bhp, NM and 0-60 are pretty much identical (and yes I am talking about the early models, not the 60kWh software limited that is really a 75kWh)

First result on google, the "Specifications

" section from the wiki page
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_Model_S
    225 kW for model S 60 RWD
    278 kW for model S 85 RWD

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

So would I be correct in thinking that a 75kWh battery pack that's software limited to 60kWh would be at 100% SOH for years to come as it slowly eats into the 15+kWh "spare"

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Yes. And that it charges much quicker to "100%" as 100% is actually only about mid 80s% SOC of the larger pack.
    Bjorn has a good video on the software limited pack advantages

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ltd440

how about this,great for a tradesman,i dont think you'll see a cheaper battery owned 2015 vehicle https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-env200/20915188

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Genghis

ltd440 wrote: »

Seems to be sold. Odd the radio was tuned to RTE 2FM in the pics, would you pick up 2FM in Plymouth? I wondered was the item genuine. Seller did have excellent feedback.

Genghis wrote: »
    Seems to be sold. Odd the radio was tuned to RTE 2FM in the pics, would you pick up 2FM in Plymouth? I wondered was the item genuine. Seller did have excellent feedback.

Don't see why it wouldn't have been a genuine sale because like you said the seller has excellent feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

Just to say with the cheap i3's on eBay, having seen mention here that there were some available, every one of them so far has turned out to be a scam (I've contacted 3+ at this stage)

The latest one had decent feedback but it's because someone had hacked an old eBay account with feedback.

Beginning to come to the conclusion (as I would have thought) that any one for sale that's £2,000+ cheaper than the cheapest ones on Autotrader are just not going to be real.

blobert wrote: »
    Just to say with the cheap i3's on eBay, having seen mention here that there were some available, every one of them so far has turned out to be a scam (I've contacted 3+ at this stage)

You and me both dude :D

I think I might have scared that scumbag off the last time. I told him I had captured his IP address and that I was forwarding that and all the other evidence I collected to the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau (in the UK) :p

I actually did some internet detective work and your man (formerly a small time car dealer) already has a criminal conviction for fraud.

Price is too high, car doesn't even have AP

But the cars seem to handle high mileage well. Fresh enough MOT on it too, so I doubt there's anything wrong with the suspension. I saw a video of a Model S NCT once (with also over 400k km on it) and the car was still on the original brake disks :)

It does have AP hardware as a 2015 70D so worst case scenario is paying to upgrade. Same as the upgrade from 70-75 pack.

Agree the price is too high, doesnt reflect the astronomical miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭bf

I've been looking at Tesla in UK auctions & pretty sure that one went through BCA last week - there isn't a whole load of them with that kind of mileage! Was down as an ex-Limo

Sold for a lot less than that!

Do you have trade access to those auctions or how does it work?
    Buying at auction would be the easiest way to get a cheap Tesla IMO, they all have factory battery and drivetrain warranty for 8 years from date of first reg anyway.

Ballpark figure on how much it went for, if possible??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Buying at auction would be the easiest way to get a cheap Tesla IMO, they all have factory battery and drivetrain warranty for 8 years from date of first reg anyway.

I'd be worried about buying a 2nd hand Tesla from the outset but buying one in an auction would seem to be an even scarier prospect.

You have to ask yourself why its in an auction in the first place since they are holding their value well outside auctions.... my initial toughts would be that there is something wrong with it.

Warranty wont cover everything.

I'd want a good test drive before I'd buy a Tesla at auction. Do they let you drive it first... I think some auctions dont?

I havent bought at auction so maybe I have it wrong.

Advertisement