Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

• Registered Users Posts: 65,388 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

High miles for age, but that's a pretty good price. Also from dealer, so comes with warranty. Still has some Nissan warranty on drive train / battery too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

rocky wrote: »
    unkel wrote: »
    High miles for age, but that's a pretty good price. Also from dealer, so comes with warranty. Still has some Nissan warranty on drive train / battery too.

What realistic value would one put on a 151 Leaf XE with the same mileage (134k km) as the one above in a private sale?
    3.3kW charger and also has fast charging capability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Realistically advertise for the same and see if anybody bites. Actually kind of surpised the SV above hasn't sold yet. You'd be competing with earlier LEAFs that also don't have heatpump but you have better battery and the car is newer than those 6-8k asking cars. The spartan spec could put techies off but you'll find somebody that doesn't want/value gadgets to buy it.

Your are leaving some haggle room to yourself with the 9k9 pricing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

samih wrote: »
    Realistically advertise for the same and see if anybody bites. Actually kind of surpised the SV above hasn't sold yet. You'd be competing with earlier LEAFs that also don't have heatpump but you have better battery and the car is newer than those 6-8k asking cars. The spartan spec could put techies off but you'll find somebody that doesn't want/value gadgets to buy it.

Thanks, samih. Couldn't have worded that line about the spec nearly as well as that. Encapsulates my thoughts exactly!

• Advertisement

rocky wrote: »

Haha, he must have done a bit of research. Price gone up from €9.9k to €10.9k now...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

LOL. He must have been bombed with calls. Please take my money.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Haha, he must have done a bit of research. Price gone up from €9.9k to €10.9k now...
    samih wrote: »
    LOL. He must have been bombed with calls. Please take my money.

Im not surprised.
    I put my 141 SVE up for sale last December for €10k. I had bought it for €9980 2 years earlier so thought I bought well (as I’ve done in the past).

I was hesitant in whether I was selling or not and I was a nightmare to deal with. I got loads of calls but couldn’t pull the trigger to actually sell it. I was a time waster but on the selling side.

Then in late January I decided I had enough. I wanted a change. So put it up for €11k. It sold within 3 days for the full €11k. I had a list of people asking me to call them back if it wasn’t sold.

Just shows you how the EV market is at that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I wonder what a 141 Tekna would fetch now?

Have been thinking of changing up a few years, perhaps to something with a little more range, if the cost wasn't too prohibitive.

Mine has full 12 bars, 82000km, 6.6kW charger.

Probably quite decent money. Problem is, any second hand EV you are trading up to has also kept its value well. That said, if you could sell your 5.5 year old Leaf privately for €11k and get a brand new Ioniq for €26k on the road, that wouldn't be a bad upgrade value for money wise

• Advertisement

Yeah Unkel, that had crossed my mind.

As mine was holding its value, so were all the other evs.

Maybe sell here and head over to UK to buy? Might be a way to save?

NIMAN wrote: »
    Maybe sell here and head over to UK to buy? Might be a way to save?

Nope. Prices for almost all second hand EVs in the UK have gone mental in the last few months. Not a cent to be made importing one. Northern Ireland might be an exception.

Food for thought.

My own Leaf suits my needs well at present, so maybe better to hang on to it for now.

Your Leaf is likely to keep its value exceptionally well for a very long time (compared to any ICE car of the same age / value). As long as there is some range left. Even 30-40km.

Probably quite decent money. Problem is, any second hand EV you are trading up to has also kept its value well. That said, if you could sell your 5.5 year old Leaf privately for €11k and get a brand new Ioniq for €26k on the road, that wouldn't be a bad upgrade value for money wise

The problem here is that can an Ioniq be got for €26k now.
    I was the one that refreshed that price back in January when I rang every garage, but only 1 in Kildare would offer the 4k scrappage on a banger.

The others wouldn't entertain scrappage on the Ioniq.

Is it still available?

Only one way to find out. Contact all Hyundai dealers in Ireland (there were 30 of them back in January 2017 when I did that very thing)

Only one way to find out. Contact all Hyundai dealers in Ireland (there were 30 of them back in January 2017 when I did that very thing)

Then search Donedeal for the cheapest car that drives :D
    From memory, they guy told me as long as it drives in safety, they will accept it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

kceire wrote: »
    Then search Donedeal for the cheapest car that drives :D
    From memory, they guy told me as long as it drives in safety, they will accept it :)

Well don’t get the wife to drive it then!

#WomenDriverJokes

Again, this completely depends upon the dealer. Hyundai Ireland have guidelines for the scrappage program (like the car having valid NCT and motor tax and being in your name for some time, etc.), but all the dealers have different "interpretations" of this. From anecdotal evidence posted in this forum, some buyers were offered free bangers by the dealers themselves to use for scrappage :D

From my own experience, some dealers didn't offer scrappage at all, some wanted to know and see everything about my banger and where I eventually bought the car, they hadn't even looked at my banger by the time I had taken possession of my Ioniq and driven off

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

kceire wrote: »
    The problem here is that can an Ioniq be got for €26k now.
    I was the one that refreshed that price back in January when I rang every garage, but only 1 in Kildare would offer the 4k scrappage on a banger.

The others wouldn't entertain scrappage on the Ioniq.

Is it still available?

I got 4k scrappage on a 08 berlingo in January. Both galway and castlebar were willing to do it.

Pretty sure the scrappage deal was stopped in February though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,845 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Hyundai Ireland have guidelines for the scrappage program (like the car having valid NCT and motor tax and being in your name for some time, etc.), but all the dealers have different "interpretations" of this.

They'll hardly take some scrapheap that arrives on their forecourt on a trailer (or will they? :pac:) so tax and NCT is kinda required :)

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

They'll hardly take some scrapheap that arrives on their forecourt on a trailer (or will they? :pac:)

Some do. Some dealers even gave their own scrapheap that was in their yard to the customer for use with the scrappage deal, according to a few owners on here

My own car, they didn't even look at it until I was on my way home in my new Ioniq

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They didn't look at my van until after I had drove away in the Ioniq. I told them it would need 6 or 700 euros worth of work dont to it to get it throught the next CVRT (which was out in a week), I had to pay 400 to my mechanic get it into good enough condition to drive it to the dealership in the first place.

They didn't scrap it either, It changed owners 2 or 3 months after I got the car!

Mickeroo wrote: »
    They didn't scrap it either

Main dealers don't do anything with cars brought in for scrappage schemes. Like any other traded-in car they don't want to sell themselves, these are dumped into the trade and taken away from their forecourt asap

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭zg3409

Just up 161 Ioniq UK£19,000 red in Canterbury UK with 31,000 miles. Private seller. Still will have 4 years of drivetrain warranty. Search autotrader. The Irish ones on done deal might hold their value better, but I suspect this will be sold shortly:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201906239317764

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

You can get a 191 Premium SE for £25k so an extra 6k for a car 3 years newer (if you can live with white!)

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

beanian wrote: »
    You can get a 191 Premium SE for £25k so an extra 6k for a car 3 years newer (if you can live with white!)

I can't understand the lack of love white gets. Ok, it's a lot more popular (because it was/is cheaper originally), but I think the car looks great in white!

As for the red one, wow! 25 degrees c! I hope we get some summer here soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

beanian wrote: »

The one you linked is silver.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭beanian

The one you linked is silver.
    Whoops so it is, I had about 10 tabs open. Just goes to show though you can get a 191 Premium SE landed for under €30k.
    Hyundai dealer quoted me €34k for a Premium SE (that they imported) on 191 plates ex demo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

I can't understand the lack of love white gets. Ok, it's a lot more popular (because it was/is cheaper originally), but I think the car looks great in white!

As for the red one, wow! 25 degrees c! I hope we get some summer here soon.

White can be nice if balanced out by black roof and/or mirrors and/or grille and any other areas that relieve the starkness of white. No offence to anyone, but the white cars with the grille coloured white look terrible IMHO.

Advertisement