Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

OK, I'm out.

I can't help you anymore. Best of luck with your search.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,650 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

obi604 wrote: »
    Cheaper shipping.
    Keep it local etc.

Keeping it local often means paying some private seller a big markup for importing the product from China. Find one that works and order it. Shipping is cheaper from HK than it is from Cork.

Stay Free

Cheaper shipping.
    Keep it local etc.
    Almost all this stuff is made in China these days and as part of their quest for global trade domination, the postage is usually free.
    In other words, no local supplier can sell it cheaper than a Chinese supplier. Only difference is how quick do you want it, if you can wait a couple of months then the Chinese one will be significantly cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭obi604

Almost all this stiff is made in China these days and as part of their quest for global trade domination, the postage is usually free.
    In other words, no local supplier can sell it cheaper than a Chinese supplier. Only difference is how quick do you want it, if you can wait a couple of months then the Chinese one will be significantly cheaper.

Ah ok. Will just get on amazon so to the one Soarer linked maybe. Presume not much difference between all the brands.

Soarer wrote: »
    You have it in one.

It's bluetooth though, so you have to be in bluetooth range.
    Also, the ignition has to be on (the dongle powered on), so you kinda have to be with the car.

The official Nissan Leaf app will show you the charge in the battery while away from the car.

I just bought the dongle you suggested, thanks.

the official leaf app: what is this called exactly on app store, I see 3 things with similar names:

1. NissanConnect EV
    2. NissanConnect
    3. NissanConnect Services

Also, if someone has used the official nissan app with their car, do they have to unlink it to allow new owner to use it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Also, if someone has used the official nissan app with their car, do they have to unlink it to allow new owner to use it

Yes

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Yes

How is this done? Main dealer scenario?

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I hate this no price, "coming soon" BS.
    2017 Ioniq

Oh God. €25k! Can't be serious. I mean, great if any of the rest of us decide to sell our Ioniqs, but I thought 2017 Ioniqs were around 22-23k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

will be interesting to see if it sells for 25k..or not

I just bought the dongle you suggested, thanks.

the official leaf app: what is this called exactly on app store

LeafSpy for checking all the details of the battery, including State Of Health (SOH).

Nissan can de-register the owner if the owner has not, or cannot do it. You can then use the Nissan App. I find it a bit hit and miss. Hasn't worked for many months for me.

[/QUOTE]

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

How is this done? Main dealer scenario?

You log into your Nissan connect portal and remove the car from your profile
    This allows the new owner to create their own profile and ass that VIN to their profile.

LeafSpy for checking all the details of the battery, including State Of Health (SOH).

Nissan can de-register the owner if the owner has not, or cannot do it. You can then use the Nissan App. I find it a bit hit and miss. Hasn't worked for many months for me.
    [/QUOTE]

are there 2 things here:

1. Leafspy: which you use in conjunction with the dongle to check things on the car, you need to be within Bluetooth range of the car and car needs to be powered on for this to work.

2. Official Nissan app which can tell you other things, not sure how this works or connects etc. The main reason I am looking for this is because I think it can tell you the charge of the battery whilst charging remotely from the from the car (i.e not in Bluetooth range etc) e.g. I plug in car and decide to go for a walk, I then want to check status of the charging, how can I do this when 1km away from the car.

Sorry for all these basic q's im just trying to figure out what is what.

are there 2 things here:

1. Leafspy: which you use in conjunction with the dongle to check things on the car, you need to be within Bluetooth range of the car and car needs to be powered on for this to work.

2. Official Nissan app which can tell you other things, not sure how this works or connects etc. The main reason I am looking for this is because I think it can tell you the charge of the battery whilst charging remotely from the from the car (i.e not in Bluetooth range etc) e.g. I plug in car and decide to go for a walk, I then want to check status of the charging, how can I do this when 1km away from the car.

Sorry for all these basic q's im just trying to figure out what is what.

No problem on the questions. We all had to start somewhere.

The LeafSpy works with the bluetooth dongle, as you correctly stated. This App lets you see:
    *the remaining battery percentage (SOC - State Of Charge).
    *the remaining battery capacity (SOH - State Of Health).
    *the number of times the car was charged on slow and fast chargers. (Although you need to half the number of slow charges, as it double counts each connection and you also need to consider interrupted charges....someone taking a shower when the car is plugged in might interrupt the charge with a priority switch and start the charge again when the shower is off.)
    *the balance of cell packs and other details I won't get into.
    The paid version (which I have...about €10) lets you do a bit more. You can access some car settings....the App will explain this.

The official Nissan App lets you check the battery percentage from anywhere in the world. You can also turn the heater/cooler on/off remotely. However, it only activated the fans, so will use whatever settings you last used in the car. Handy for preheating the car on a cold morning.

Stay Free

No problem on the questions. We all had to start somewhere.

The LeafSpy works with the bluetooth dongle, as you correctly stated. This App lets you see:
    *the remaining battery percentage (SOC - State Of Charge).
    *the remaining battery capacity (SOH - State Of Health).
    *the number of times the car was charged on slow and fast chargers. (Although you need to half the number of slow charges, as it double counts each connection and you also need to consider interrupted charges....someone taking a shower when the car is plugged in might interrupt the charge with a priority switch and start the charge again when the shower is off.)
    *the balance of cell packs and other details I won't get into.
    The paid version (which I have...about €10) lets you do a bit more. You can access some car settings....the App will explain this.

The official Nissan App lets you check the battery percentage from anywhere in the world. You can also turn the heater/cooler on/off remotely. However, it only activated the fans, so will use whatever settings you last used in the car. Handy for preheating the car on a cold morning.

Thank you. great information.

In regard to the official leaf app: what is this called exactly on app store, I see 3 things with similar names:

1. NissanConnect EV
    2. NissanConnect
    3. NissanConnect Services

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

For my Leaf 30 it's NissanConnect version 3.3.0

There is also a free app called My Leaf which I find just as good

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,119 ✭✭✭✭KCross

You can also turn the heater/cooler on/off remotely. However, it only activated the fans, so will use whatever settings you last used in the car. Handy for preheating the car on a cold morning.

I believe there is a separate setting for the remote heating in the menus or is that for the timed pre-heating... not quite sure now if it applies to both, but there is definitely a separate setting for the temperature which overrides what you last set when you were driving.... take a look at the menus it might "fix" that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

k123456 wrote: »
    will be interesting to see if it sells for 25k..or not
    Sold already

KCross wrote: »
    I believe there is a separate setting for the remote heating in the menus or is that for the timed pre-heating... not quite sure now if it applies to both, but there is definitely a separate setting for the temperature which overrides what you last set when you were driving.... take a look at the menus it might "fix" that for you.

The temperature can be set in the settings in the car for timed settings. The APP sadly does not have this function. My APP stopped working months ago, so maybe they updated it.

Stay Free

The temperature can be set in the settings in the car for timed settings. The APP sadly does not have this function. My APP stopped working months ago, so maybe they updated it.

It was never possible to set the temp in the app. You can only turn it on.

The temp setting in the car is under the "Zero Emission" button and called "Timer/Remote Temp" or something like that.

I think it uses that setting for both timed and app initiated heating. It doesnt use the last setting you used when driving. Its whatever is set in that menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

The preheat temperature setting only applies for L40 and newer but not for L24/L30. The app for the current cars also gives you an indication of the rough cabin temperature i.e. cold, normal, hot.

• Advertisement

samih wrote: »
    The preheat temperature setting only applies for L40 and newer but not for L24/L30.

What do you mean? That pre heat temp is in my L24. I've set it, I know its there! :)

Or are you talking about some extra settigns you see in the app for the L40?

What do you mean? That pre heat temp is in my L24. I've set it, I know its there! :)

Or are you talking about some extra settigns you see in the app for the L40?

My bad. Personally I saw the setting first time with the L40 but I only started to use the current App months after moving to that car so made an incorrect assumption. It didn't exist on the older app version 3.1., right? And I was App'less for a while early last year due to compatibility issue with the Android 9 and the old app.

samih wrote: »
    My bad. Personally I saw the setting first time with the L40 but I only started to use the current App months after moving to that car so made an incorrect assumption. It didn't exist on the older app version 3.1., right? And I was App'less for a while early last year due to compatibility issue with the Android 9 and the old app.

I think we might be at cross connects here.... are you referring to a setting in the car or the app?

You can set the timed/remote heating temp via the menus in the L24 in the car itself. You cant set any temps in the app for the L24. All you can do is turn it on.

I think we might be at cross connects here.... are you referring to a setting in the car or the app?

You can set the timed/remote heating temp via the menus in the L24 in the car itself. You cant set any temps in the app for the L24. All you can do is turn it on.

Was talking about the app. For my L40 you can select what temperature you want before switching on the preheat/cool in the app. And yes, the car menu has a default temperature setting for it similarly to L24 if you use the timer function for heating/cooling.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭diarmuid05

• Registered Users Posts: 65,394 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Very good value landed here with the way sterling is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

There were a few Ioniq’s in the Tesla auction on Tuesday, 2017’s were going for £16/17k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

krissovo wrote: »
    There were a few Ioniq’s in the Tesla auction on Tuesday, 2017’s were going for £16/17k.

Is there a link for this auction?

physioman wrote: »

If you sign up to British Car Auctions they allow you to view upcoming auctions & search for cars. You can only see the car details, photos & mechanical & condition reports. I used flipping cars and they have the same listings with the auction values (+/- 10%). This service is £22 per month.

• Advertisement

physioman wrote: »

UKcarimports have the same listings that you browse for free, look for “auction” in the listing. They also have prices which include their markup.

Advertisement