Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭tom_tarbucket

Thoughts on this one;

https://www.adverts.ie/15121333

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Blue and if it's in good shape, this is probably the cheapest Ioniq i've seen. In contrast to the 24/25 k one I seen the other week.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq-100-electric-premium/22707194

EDIT:
    More description here:
    https://electricautos.ie/vehicles/hyundai/ioniq/kildare/2366476
    Is that a premium SE? Has a heated steering wheel, or was that on the UK premium too. Donedeal has the mileage in kilometers, but 50k km isn't too bad either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Blue and if it's in good shape, this is probably the cheapest Ioniq i've seen. In contrast to the 24/25 k one I seen the other week.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq-100-electric-premium/22707194

EDIT:
    More description here:
    Is that a premium SE? Has a heated steering wheel, or was that on the UK premium too. Donedeal has the mileage in kilometers, but 50k km isn't too bad either way.
    Heated steering wheel was an option here too

The only way to see if it's premium SE is to check if it has ventilated seats

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

If it was an SE then the price would be much higher and the advert would also state it given it's for sale by an EV expert

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

And it would be sold already at that price!

• Advertisement

Thoughts on this one;

https://www.adverts.ie/15121333

If it's really a gen 1.5 (notable by the eco button on steering wheel and presence of B mode, along with added "heat" button) then 9k is pretty good if it meets your needs

With 125k and 6 years on the clock, it's bound to have some battery deg, bring leafspy if you're going to look. Otherwise 0% or 14.9% deg look the same

Hi

Gen 1 v gen 1.5 here.

My daily 40km round trip just about qualifies me
    for a gen 1.

Do people think it’s worth paying about 4000 Euro more for a gen 1.5?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,729 ✭✭✭zg3409

EDIT:
    More description here:

UK models of that age all had heated steering wheel, not ROI

• Registered Users Posts: 65,395 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Hi

Gen 1 v gen 1.5 here.

for a gen 1.

How long do you plan to keep it? A gen 1 might not do that trip in winter in 3 years time. The gen 1.5 is just a safer choice with far less degradation to be expected. I'd get a 141 for 9.5k over an 8 bar 11 for 6k myself, unless your only use for the car is a tiny commute / second car for school runs and shopping, etc.

unkel wrote: »
    How long do you plan to keep it? A gen 1 might not do that trip in winter in 3 years time. The gen 1.5 is just a safer choice with far less degradation to be expected. I'd get a 141 for 9.5k over an 8 bar 11 for 6k myself, unless your only use for the car is a tiny commute / second car for school runs and shopping, etc.

2 or 3 years maybe.
    Would you even get a 141 for 9.5k.

Thing is is probably have to get a high mileage gen 1.5, .....ok better battery and all but probably have more miles on it, due to my low price and not wanting to go really near 10k. May get 130 km in summer.

And may get a low mileage gen 1 that may have 9 bars left for half the price. Might do 90km in summer.

• Advertisement

2 or 3 years maybe.
    Would you even get a 141 for 9.5k.

Thing is is probably have to get a high mileage gen 1.5, .....ok better battery and all but probably have more miles on it, due to my low price and not wanting to go really near 10k. May get 130 km in summer.

And may get a low mileage gen 1 that may have 9 bars left for half the price. Might do 90km in summer.

It's a lot more than half the price and 90km is extremely optimistic. Maybe if you have a very light foot and drive it on regional roads at 80km/h

It's a lot more than half the price and 90km is extremely optimistic. Maybe if you have a very light foot and drive it on regional roads at 80km/h

As in gen 1 = 6k
    Gen 1.5 = 9.5k

So less of a gap in price you mean ?

6/9.5 = 63%

You were making out a gen 1 was half price, implying that an early gen 1.5 would be 12k. It's nowhere near that unless of course you buy a top spec one from a Nissan dealer ;)

6/9.5 = 63%

You were making out a gen 1 was half price, implying that an early gen 1.5 would be 12k. It's nowhere near that unless of course you buy a top spec one from a Nissan dealer ;)

Have ya now.

I’m still very undecided on this. Newer gen 1.5 or older gen 1. All about the money

So your opinion would be to go for a gen 1.5

• Registered Users Posts: 3,650 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Hi

Gen 1 v gen 1.5 here.

for a gen 1.

You say 40km round trip (20 each way). Even a heavily degraded Gen 1 will do that no problem and you shouldn't have any problem in 3 years with that commute.

I have a 2012 Gen 1 with 10 bars on it. Will comfortably do 80km regional in winter on a charge. No need to get a Gen 1.5 if you have no need for the better battery. I have one of those too.

Stay Free

You say 40km round trip (20 each way). Even a heavily degraded Gen 1 will do that no problem and you shouldn't have any problem in 3 years with that commute.

I have a 2012 Gen 1 with 10 bars on it. Will comfortably do 80km regional in winter on a charge. No need to get a Gen 1.5 if you have no need for the better battery. I have one of those too.

Thank you.

Yep. 40km round trip. And 26km of this above 100 kph. Have the option to go R roads too to slow things down.

A 2011 leaf with 75% status of health.....what would the range be on this?

Thank you.

Yep. 40km round trip. And 26km of this above 100 kph. Have the option to go R roads too to slow things down.

What do ye think?

About 3/4 the range of a battery with 100% health.

• Advertisement

About 3/4 the range of a battery with 100% health.

Insightful. Expressed in real world KM?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,650 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Thank you.

A good 80km range. Stick to 90-100 on the motorway portion for best results. My Gen 1 Leaf is around that mark.

Stay Free

If that was €24k here that would be a good deal assuming you can live with the limitations.
    For all its faults the L40 is actually a very nice place to be. Less than 150km-180km round trip daily and you'd never have to worry about range, rapidgate, or the car's limitation to 50kW chademo

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Efitz2019

Efitz2019 wrote: »

Think we need to have a "This weeks overpriced EV I'm not buying" thread. Knock about 3k off that price and it's more realistic (based on prices 3-6 months ago). That said, it's not alone. 2nd hand 2017 ioniqs are popping up at 24k/25k a few times now.

EDIT: Also, lol "HYUNDAI IONIQ PREMIUM 88KW ELECTRIC HATCHBACK HERE AT MOONEYS"
    Trying to fool people with the 88KW headline?

Efitz2019 wrote: »
    Very expensive.
    I paid similar for a 171 over a year ago

I paid less for mine brand new :p

I paid less for mine brand new :p

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq-premium-88kw-electric-hatchback-her/22738589

But does yours have a "Leather Gear Lever" or "Leather Gear Skirt"? Must be the only Ioniq BEV in the world with that!

• Advertisement

I knew you'd be along with that line too !

Advertisement