Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

unkel wrote: »
    Yeah I'm aware of that story. Owner chancing his arm not paying the lease. Hasn't done his homework either, if he had taken out the sim, there is nothing Renault could have done to remotely disable the car.
    Not as easy as that in a Zoe - there's more connectivity on board. For a fluence however that would work

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

ELM327 wrote: »
    Not as easy as that in a Zoe - there's more connectivity on board. For a fluence however that would work

would all come back to a Sim though ultimately. Maybe also a wireless backup unit. But tbh both would be easy to take out. If you were that way inclined

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

If I were to bring in a Zoe or Fluence and had no intention to pay the lease, I would certainly do my homework on this and know exactly what to disable :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

2018 L40, VISIA Spec but perfect for commute vehicle or someone in no need for "extras", virtually no mileage, asking £19,590

Linky

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Mind the mileage on that.

Need to bring it up before VRT.

• Advertisement

Soarer wrote: »

Not even a thousand miles. But it's a loooooong drive from London to Holyhead :pac:

I had to bring my import up from 1,600miles to 6,000kms, just do it with additional evening runs up and down the motorway and fast charges

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I put that car into the revenue website and put in correct mileage and said it was June 2018 and VRT is €0!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭September1

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I put that car into the revenue website and put in correct mileage and said it was June 2018 and VRT is €0!

I think he meant, ensure car has 6000km on the clock before you bring it to VRT appointment as you would have to pay VAT in addition to VRT.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

kanuseeme wrote: »

Problem is Tesla have a habit of blocking crashed cars from updates and supercharging rendering the car less than ideal. Chap on youtube repairs Tesla cars and has had this problem

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

September1 wrote: »
    I think he meant, ensure car has 6000km on the clock before you bring it to VRT appointment as you would have to pay VAT in addition to VRT.

I know the 6k alright. But should it not come up in the calculations ?

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I know the 6k alright. But should it not come up in the calculations ?

Not in a VRT calculator.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Not even a thousand miles. But it's a loooooong drive from London to Holyhead :pac:

Boards.ie rapidgate test :):)*

Live posts direct from the charger*.

*Does the Vasia even have Chademo

Is it not 6 months or 6000km which ever is first. And this being a 2018?

To avoid VAT the car needs to be +6months old at time of purchase AND over 6,000kms at time of presentation for VRT inspection

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,316 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

listermint wrote: »
    Is it not 6 months or 6000km which ever is first. And this being a 2018?

It’s both. 6 months and over 6k.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,854 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Jaysus let's not do this again :D

When I was in MAG (Motorcycle Action Group) I wasted years of my life trying to explain to people the (then) rules about restricted 'bikes and the discrepancy between the European directive and the Irish legislation to implement it. Then endlessly arguing explaining online about the meaning of the words "And" and "Or". Jesus.

Then the EU Third Driver Licensing Directive came along, it was clear and in black and white, didn't offer member states cowardly opt-outs, and everyone was happy and knew where they stood.

Autonomy sounds great but sucks to high hell when you want to get anything important done.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭rocky

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

rocky wrote: »

Must be one of the cheapest 2018 L40’s in Europe, I think I spied the pro-pilot button as well which really makes it great value if all above board.

If this is the trend it does not bode well for the value of mine.

• Advertisement

Colours terrible though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭embraer170

There must be some catch.

embraer170 wrote: »
    There must be some catch.

70.000 km in a year old car is serious mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭dashoonage

September1 wrote: »
    70.000 km in a year old car is serious mileage.

30000km and that warranty is gone as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

rocky wrote: »

Didn't think the Launch Edition came with Xenon/LED?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

dashoonage wrote: »
    30000km and that warranty is gone as well!

Drivetrain and battery one has 90,000km left, but still crap for a new car to have a basic warranty of 100,000km in these times

Hyundai unlimited 5 years and 200,000km/8years is way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Didn't think the Launch Edition came with Xenon/LED?

No, halogens (unfortunately).

krissovo wrote: »
    Must be one of the cheapest 2018 L40’s in Europe, I think I spied the pro-pilot button as well

Pro-pilot was standard on the launch edition. And I like that colour!

It's a good deal, but you can get an Ioniq (171) for similar money. So this is by no means exceptional value for money in my book

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Pro-pilot was standard on the launch edition. And I like that colour!

It's a good deal, but you can get an Ioniq (171) for similar money. So this is by no means exceptional value for money in my book
    No it wasnt, I was at the launch event in Nissan Ireland HQ

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

This is an original Irish car btw. The UK Launch Edition equivalent (=2.Zero) comes with seat heaters as standard which this hasn't got but as Unkel says the ProPilot was standard so definitely what is says on the tin.

It's a pretty sharp devaluation from the launch price which was a smidgen under 30+delivery so pretty good value over a brand new L40 for a roomy quick and quiet family wheels.

Advertisement