Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

ELM327 wrote: »
    No it wasnt, I was at the launch event in Nissan Ireland HQ

So was I plus I have the advertised car's dead ringer cousin down to that colour so I should know.

The car at the Nissan launch event was some Japanese version.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

samih wrote: »
    So was I plus I have the advertised car's dead ringer cousin down to that colour so I should know.

The car at the Nissan launch event was some Japanese version.
    Maybe that's why I was confused then, because I sat in the car at the parkwest office and it didnt have propilot.
    With propilot that's a bargain at 21k

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Steep enough depreciation for an EV (while most other new EVs kept their value (sans options) very well and while most second hand EVs had zero or negative depreciation). How much were these on the road last year, samih? Around €30k?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

unkel wrote: »
    Steep enough depreciation for an EV (while most other new EVs kept their value (sans options) very well and while most second hand EVs had zero or negative depreciation). How much were these on the road last year, samih? Around €30k?

All high milage EV's will depreciate

70k km in year is alot

How much are 160-200k km 3 year old Ioniqs going for I wonder?

Mike9832 wrote: »
    All high milage EV's will depreciate

70k km in year is alot

How much are 160-200k km 3 year old Ioniqs going for I wonder?

This was why I got rid of mine as quick. Would have 150-175k on the clock in 3 years.

First Ioniq in Ireland was on 162 plates but most were 171 so we should see them back off PCP in 2020 H1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

This was why I got rid of mine as quick. Would have 150-175k on the clock in 3 years.

First Ioniq in Ireland was on 162 plates but most were 171 so we should see them back off PCP in 2020 H1.

Poor reason frankly. because if your doing that mileage you were making it back in spades in terms of fuel costs....

listermint wrote: »
    Poor reason frankly. because if your doing that mileage you were making it back in spades in terms of fuel costs....
    I mean, I had to sell anyway before moving house. So I figured better to sell before the miles went up. So, it wasnt a "poor decision".
    But I digress

I mean, I had to sell anyway before moving house.

That was the reason you sold. And a valid reason at that when you are applying for a mortgage, you could do without car finance showing up in your figures

Not any other reason, although you'll have us (yourself?) believe otherwise sometimes :p

unkel wrote: »

As mentioned above that is what it was. Unless there is something wrong with the G-reg one can't see it sitting there for long.

I mean, I had to sell anyway before moving house. So I figured better to sell before the miles went up. So, it wasnt a "poor decision".
    But I digress

It would have been a poor decision to sell based on the mileage you were doing.

So you didn't sell it for that reason :)

I digress.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭McGiver

rocky wrote: »
    The ad is gone...
    Must have been stolen broken or something.

McGiver wrote: »
    The ad is gone...

Somebody did well.

McGiver wrote: »
    The ad is gone...

Not sure why people are thinking that. It was good value, bit of a bargain, so someone snapped it up. The price was right for a quick sale (but not suspiciously cheap). Nothing funny going on here.

not really, £23k when there was a couple or irish ones below €23k

not really, £23k when there was a couple or irish ones below €23k

Show me an irish 2019 Premium model for that money.

actually show my any non 2017 ones for less than 23K here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Note : its premium, not premium SE

Note : its premium, not premium SE

Note, did anyone on here mention Premium SE ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

listermint wrote:
    Note, did anyone on here mention Premium SE ?

Seriously? No need to be so narky, was just highlighting in case there was confusion.

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Meh, £23,500 is about €26500. Not sure what costs you incur in travelling over, but another €500? It's not a bad price to be fair. Guy on boards got a 2019 up the north a week or so back for €25k I believe. <
    this was a complete bargain!

• Advertisement

Meh, £23,500 is about €26500. Not sure what costs you incur in travelling over, but another €500? It's not a bad price to be fair. Guy on boards got a 2019 up the north a week or so back for €25k I believe. <

This is boards and that is a complete bargain if factual.

im not sure where the Meh comes from frankly the any 2019 in this country that are even close to this are 3 K more expensive.

Its pretty good deal by all accounts, even with travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

I paid 23000 stg two weeks ago for Ioniq in Northern Ireland , premium (ie no leather) 7000 miles on clock, 191

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

flight over - 50e for 2 passengers
    ferry home - 160
    trains - 50
    food - 50

that's what ours cost us 2 weeks ago

actually show my any non 2017 ones for less than 23K here ?
    Premium is actually the only spec we got here.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq-ev/22868326

It's 2017 but there are actually very few Ioniqs listed here.
    £23k is €26k plus travel expenses plus hassle of car being in mph and you can't fully change to KM.

Premium is actually the only spec we got here.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq-ev/22868326

It's 2017 but there are actually very few Ioniqs listed here.
    £23k is €26k plus travel expenses plus hassle of car being in mph and you can't fully change to KM.

So youve given my a 2 year older car in white with 3 times the mileage as an example of how its better to buy here.

Pointless....

Just say that you couldnt find one here that matched it and we can be done with it. As the other poster above pointed out he manged to get a 2019 in the north fo 24K if you can get 500 off this, which is quite doable youve manged to get the deal he got.

As i said. This is a good deal.

Have you a vested interest?
    I'm not the only one telling you it's not a good deal.

You are though....

And how would i have a vested interest in a Hyundai dealership in the UK?

Look this is drivel now at this point. You got your back up because you didnt see it was a 2019 in the original add. now youve doubled down.

The closest car to this spec in Ireland is 29,500K and maybe just maybe with some money off you'd get something off that. But still not the same money.

Anyway its up there for anyone interested. It would be decent of you to try back up your original claim though. As then i could take you seriously. Find one the same price here or even close to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

k123456 wrote: »
    I paid 23000 stg two weeks ago for Ioniq in Northern Ireland , premium (ie no leather) 7000 miles on clock, 191

And I picked up a similar 2019 one for £22,800 on Friday, so they're out there. I actually saw one online last week with slightly higher mileage in Perry's Hyundai near London for £20,495 but couldn't make the time to go over and get it, so value is out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

It's a 2019 car - that's what makes it look good .

The 68 plate was still on 2019 cars in Jan and Feb. Like the way really early L40s for press etc sneaked onto 67 plates rather then 18 plates.

Perhaps complete bargain is overstated but can you find one for 26 k on a 191.

The problem is these are rare on the market here .

Why is this a bad deal if 2017 Irish ones are 22 k.

Edit - it was well overpriced before the 4 k sterling "discount" though .

• Advertisement

GBP23k (or even a bit less) is great value for a 2019 Ioniq. You did well lads. And knowing your car will then have very little depreciation is the cherry on the cake :cool:

Advertisement