Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,313 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Bring it in like that and I would fight if they charged me even €100 VRT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

I'd say the reserve is 20k Sterling, so about 24k euro. Not worth the risk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭User1998

No V5 with the car, tricky to get a new one unless your friendly with someone in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 28,151 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

User1998 wrote: »
    No V5 with the car, tricky to get a new one unless your friendly with someone in the UK

What implication has that, you just need a mate with a UK address?

Yeah pretty much, I think they just apply for a new logbook and post it to you. The DVLA won’t send a logbook directly to Ireland tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Bargain?

https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/27444540

new front end + vinyl wrap/respray?

You'd be giving a used Tesla a wide berth if there starting this crap https://www.theverge.com/2020/2/6/21127243/tesla-model-s-autopilot-disabled-remotely-used-car-update

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes if they start that nonsense I wouldnt buy another used one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Would I be mad? - https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/used/5YJSB3H16EFP46897?redirect=no

Barebones Model S with a decent warranty.

Keep for two years and get a Model 3 down the line..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭quokula

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-tekna-30kwh-high-spec/24146337

That seems a good bit cheaper than the usual going rate (not as exciting as a Tesla though...)

• Advertisement

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Would I be mad? - https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/used/5YJSB3H16EFP46897?redirect=no

Barebones Model S with a decent warranty.

Keep for two years and get a Model 3 down the line..
    YEs you'd be mad
    No AP at all.

ELM327 wrote: »
    YEs you'd be mad
    No AP at all.

It's priced that way though.

A bit mad yes but food for thought. That car will lose a lot less than a new Model 3 over the next 18/24 months, by which time a second hand M3 is a realistic option in Ireland for not much of a cost to upgrade.

It's priced that way though.

A bit mad yes but food for thought. That car will lose a lot less than a new Model 3 over the next 18/24 months, by which time a second hand M3 is a realistic option in Ireland for not much of a cost to upgrade.
    It's not really though, 2k more would get you an AP 1 car.

I disagree with your assessment for further depreciation. As we move more and more towards AP based cars, the non AP cars are already depreciating like a stone. No one will pick a 14 S with no AP over a 19 M3 with AP3 in 2-3 years time for same money.

It's not really though, 2k more would get you an AP 1 car.

I disagree with your assessment for further depreciation. As we move more and more towards AP based cars, the non AP cars are already depreciating like a stone. No one will pick a 14 S with no AP over a 19 M3 with AP3 in 2-3 years time for same money.

2k more?

2k more?
    Yes, I've seen UK cars going for £32k - £33k (including Tesla CPO) that are S85 with AP1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Yes, I've seen UK cars going for £32k - £33k (including Tesla CPO) that are S85 with AP1

At the moment the chepest AP1 enabled car on Tesla is £39,700.

Don't see the bargins they had late last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

quokula wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-tekna-30kwh-high-spec/24146337

That seems a good bit cheaper than the usual going rate (not as exciting as a Tesla though...)

Does seem decent price alright, comes with granny cable too.
    I'm on the lookout but would love a 6.6kw one.

jhegarty wrote: »
    At the moment the chepest AP1 enabled car on Tesla is £39,700.

Don't see the bargins they had late last year.
    I paid less for my 2016 facelift S from them.

In Q4 there were a lot in the 32-35k range. RWD S85 but having AP1. It's a big distinction.

In 3 years time I suggest a Tesla without AP will be very badly depreciated.

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I aint flush with cash, but if I were in a position to buy a 2nd hand Tesla, i'd be ignoring ones without at least basic AP. My 2009 CC had dumb cruise control. I'd expect a bit better when buying a Tesla.

The range is nice, the car is nice, but Tesla without AP stinks of paddy spec mindset.

I aint flush with cash, but if I were in a position to buy a 2nd hand Tesla, i'd be ignoring ones without at least basic AP.

Once you've owned a car with a half decent level 2 autonomous driving setup (like Ioniq), it would be hard to spend more money (on a several years old second hand car) than you paid for your brand new one and go back to level 0. Nada, nothing. Might as well get a manual diesel :p

That said, I probably could be tempted by a dumb Model S. It would have to be extremely cheap though so that I would have an out if I really didn't want to live with it...

A dumb Model S is probably a nicer upgrade for someone coming from a Leaf, eGolf or i3 with no autonomous features

• Advertisement

You'd find it difficult to sell.
    If you picked up a high miler at auction for below 28k perhaps it would be worth it but tbh I'd prefer an Ioniq and a chunk of change than a non AP tesla

Anyone see the hammer price on the Tesla, got stuck in the dentist chair and missed it.

tbh I'd prefer an Ioniq and a chunk of change than a non AP tesla

I will take that advice very seriously any time I would be tempted to buy a non AP Tesla. Thanks man, you could not have been clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Anyone see the hammer price on the Tesla, got stuck in the dentist chair and missed it.

Last I saw was 16,100 with 10 mins left

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

physioman wrote:
    Last I saw was 16,100 with 10 mins left

Was the reserve met?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

tedpan wrote: »
    Was the reserve met?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Are we approaching a seminal moment in Tesla Model S "bargain" hunting?

This Model S has been dropping 2 to 3 hundred pounds per day for the last week or so, and is just a 1 pound drop from being the first Tesla Model S direct from Tesla CPO with a start price in the 20 thousand pound bracket, albeit still at 29,999.

Great to see the depreciation kicking in, roll on the reg plate change in March in the UK so! The hunt continues!

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiments :)

No AP1 on that car though. I'm with ELM327 on this. That car will still depreciate like a brick. Fine if you don't mind not having AP1 (say if you're coming from a Leaf or eGolf and you have never had any autonomous features) and you are planning to keep the car for a long time.

Yes, it doesnt even have TACC (adaptive cruise) in the pre AP cars.
    Not worth countenancing unless you're coming from a gen 1 leaf/zoe.

My Ioniq was more autonomous!

• Advertisement

A cheap high mileage non AP Model S would be a good buy for anyone not doing a lot of motorway mileage and never really using cruise control. I’d definitely consider one if I could get insured.. which I can’t unfortunately

Advertisement