Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

For the same money you'd get a much better car.
    I wouldnt do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,313 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

User1998 wrote: »
    A cheap high mileage non AP Model S would be a good buy for anyone not doing a lot of motorway mileage

What's the point of having a big comfy cruiser like a Model S if you never go cruising? :p

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

unkel wrote: »
    What's the point of having a big comfy cruiser like a Model S if you never go cruising? :p

I guess the only use I can see is if you need a decent sized family car. Ioniq is mid sized really. Model S has plenty of boot space and a frunk. Cheaper than a new eNiro too. It's the reason I've interest in one eventually. When we've 2 kids the ioniq space will be tested, and the likely current options are an eNiro (rare in the new and second hand market) and a model S. By all means, a second hand model S will likely be cheaper too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,228 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

A lot depends on where you live. Cruise control is a novelty I get to use for about 20 minutes two or three times in year.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    A lot depends on where you live. Cruise control is a novelty I get to use for about 20 minutes two or three times in year.

Really?

I've had cruise control in numerous cars going back 20 years. Never used it much in this country.

But active cruise control (+ LKAS) makes a massive difference to me, I use it all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,579 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I only ever use it in the port tunnel, to ensure I stick to the average speed limit.

LKAS is a pure novelty; I don’t trust it enough not to pay complete attention, and it’s not like it takes any effort to keep lanes anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

Oh yeah, definitely don't buy the one I linked, I was more making the point that CPO Tesla's are deprecating down into the 29 grand bracket.

I'm just waiting for a good one to depreciate there now haha ;)

Several Model S on private sale for GBP26k now. And none of them will get the asking price I'd say. All good news for us, Al :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Should be some more stock once the model 3 boats in transit land.

Aye, that's what we are all looking forward too. New reg change in the UK from the old 69 reg to new much cooler 20 reg next month!

This will prompt many people to change cars with their old cars flooding the market. I'd say a lot of Model S owners will "upgrade" to Model 3 next month.

• Advertisement

I have money waiting for the first decent S85 with AP1.

Fair play jhegarty! Does decent mean sub GBP30k and Tesla CPO to you?

Fair play jhegarty! Does decent mean sub GBP30k and Tesla CPO to you?

Budget is £30k to £35k. The upper end would want a warranty, so CPO.

Just don't tell the i3. She is enjoying a nice charge with no idea what's going on.

Haha, she might go to a happy new owner who will be very good to her though :)

GBP35k should buy you a very nice CPO Model S. I would aim higher than a 2015 S85 AP1 with that sort of budget though. Remember ELM327 got a CPO 2016 90D facelift for GBP38k? Very little warranty on it but still...

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

Did anybody see what happened or know where the 2016 S 70 for £28640 went? It has disappeared off Autotrader.

Did anybody here buy it?

Non autopilot, but seemed very good value, 85,000 miles, one owner, a little plain but to me it seems the 70 is the starting point.

Also did you notice that the cars seem more expensive at auction than autotrader, am I missing some factor? Perhaps they are more spec sensitive than I thought.

Looking here: https://tesla-info.com/UK/inventory.html there are some listed as AP1 not Act- how much does it cost to activate it does anybody know?

Haha, she might go to a happy new owner who will be very good to her though :)

GBP35k should buy you a very nice CPO Model S. I would aim higher than a 2015 S85 AP1 with that sort of budget though. Remember ELM327 got a CPO 2016 90D facelift for GBP38k? Very little warranty on it but still...

I'm starting to get the itch.
    Fortunately/Unfortunately there's not much else I can go for really, the X hasnt dropped in price, I dont want a 3, and the cybertruck isnt even near launch.

I normally change cars every few months. I have the S for 3 months now ( 3 months and 6 days) and I can feel the itch coming on for change.

The only "upwards" move I can see is towards a P ludicrous model, but they are few and far between, and I am not under any circumstances buying from the UK again. So so so much hassle.

BigAl81 wrote: »
    Are we approaching a seminal moment in Tesla Model S "bargain" hunting?

This Model S has been dropping 2 to 3 hundred pounds per day for the last week or so, and is just a 1 pound drop from being the first Tesla Model S direct from Tesla CPO with a start price in the 20 thousand pound bracket, albeit still at 29,999.

Great to see the depreciation kicking in, roll on the reg plate change in March in the UK so! The hunt continues!

And it's happened , first CPO dropped to below £30k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

jhegarty wrote: »
    And it's happened , first CPO dropped to below £30k.

Great to see.

Think the lads might be right though about the AP hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

ELM327 wrote: »
    Fortunately/Unfortunately there's not much else I can go for really, the X hasnt dropped in price, I dont want a 3, and the cybertruck isnt even near launch.

I normally change cars every few months. I have the S for 3 months now ( 3 months and 6 days) and I can feel the itch coming on for change.

The only "upwards" move I can see is towards a P ludicrous model, but they are few and far between, and I am not under any circumstances buying from the UK again. So so so much hassle.

Keep us updated if you are indeed changing..

eff me! I wasn't expecting you to get the itch again this quickly!

I'll keep an eye out for a Model X for you, but I guess there will be very few of them for sale over here at non-silly prices. If you really don't want to go UK again, maybe contact the likes of Phil Fitzgerald who could scout out for cars in the UK and bring in an appropriate one for you?

I guess your car will be outside of my budget for a while, otherwise I would certainly have considered buying it off you...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

The X gets some slating though for quality and issues. I've no idea why you'd want to buy one.

2015 S85 AP1, 7 seater, dual chargers (for 22kW AC charging)

097f96930b054bd0b80a7bfdf2b24449.jpg

Linky

Asking £32k, private sale. Would he refuse £30k cash?

One for ELM327: 2017 Model X, AP2, 6 seater, GBP49k

af4c5c8335954235925353ee8489c4a9.jpg

Linky

eff me! I wasn't expecting you to get the itch again this quickly!

I'll keep an eye out for a Model X for you, but I guess there will be very few of them for sale over here at non-silly prices. If you really don't want to go UK again, maybe contact the likes of Phil Fitzgerald who could scout out for cars in the UK and bring in an appropriate one for you?

I guess your car will be outside of my budget for a while, otherwise I would certainly have considered buying it off you...

Yeah, I was expecting it to last much longer but I'm at 16k km in that time so I guess the novelty is starting to wear off.
    Theres never really any X for sale here, I wouldnt get a 75 or "standard range" model as they are too short on range. There was a 2018 one for sale in the owners group on facebook but was nearly twice what I paid for my S so that's out of the question.

I havent even considered actually trying to sell or move on yet though, it's too soon (my head knows, even if the heart doesnt) but in 6 months I'll probably start.

I might contact the dealer in Meath just down the road from me, electriccarsales as I saw he just sold a Tesla imported to order, perhaps he could get a deal on an X
    listermint wrote: »
    The X gets some slating though for quality and issues. I've no idea why you'd want to buy one.

If it has no quality issues it's not a real Tesla. :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

2015 S85 AP1, 7 seater, dual chargers (for 22kW AC charging)

Linky

Asking £32k, private sale. Would he refuse £30k cash?

Over here, you would be offering 29k and take it from there.
    In the UK, different market as you know, different attitude to this kind of thing so id say you'd be lucky to get it for 31k stg.
    Although, high mileage may be on the buyers side.

kceire wrote: »
    Over here, you would be offering 29k and take it from there.
    In the UK, different market as you know, different attitude to this kind of thing so id say you'd be lucky to get it for 31k stg.
    Although, high mileage may be on the buyers side.
    The UK doesnt do the bargaining the way we do it here, you are right

Not the same percentages as here and certainly not at dealers. But in a private sale there is room for negotiation.

One for ELM327: 2017 Model X, AP2, 6 seater, GBP49k

Linky
    Thats a nice one but no 75ds. And no UK cars!

I also want MCU2!

I am considering waiting a year or two and buying a new one.

I am considering waiting a year or two and buying a new one.

That really would be the wiser choice. Raven Model X, HW3, are these getting new batteries too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,879 ✭✭✭Soarer

Was that because of Tesla, or the UK in general?

'Cause I've never had an issue buying over there.

Advertisement