Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I think at this stage we need a Tesla bargain hunt thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

User1998 wrote: »
    When Copart says “V5 Notes: None” I presume that means theres No V5?

In the FAQ topics there is the following note:

V5 Note
    The V5 Note area is a place where notes about V5 are listed.

I read that to mean that there is nothing particular to note about the V5 rather than there being an absence of a V5. The majority of cars for sale have the entry "none" in V5 notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭User1998

Thanks. I was thinking it either means there is No V5 or that there is just nothing worth mentioning about the V5.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭The lips

kanuseeme wrote: »
    https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/60044339 BMW i3 cat N , battery is flat and no keys. August 2017 reg, road tax expired 27-12-19, no reserve.

Headliner pulled down for whatever reason, that thing could have been through anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

unkel wrote: »
    2017 Tesla Model S, high spec, AP2.5, enhanced autopilot (smart summon, auto lane change, etc.), air suspension, performance upgrade (0-60 in 4s)

GBP39.5k and the price seems to be dropping rapidly. Private sale. 67 reg, so would get an Irish 172 reg, car is less than 2.5 years old, so still under Tesla warranty. 1 owner car.

862daddf3f254c4faf150dcb43c8ede8.jpg

Linky

Negotiate a grand off and with a cheap flight and ferry and budgeting €1,800 VRT, you'd get this on a 172 plate for a touch over EUR48k

Electrics not vrt free?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

The lips wrote: »
    Headliner pulled down for whatever reason, that thing could have been through anything?

Side Airbag maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

listermint wrote: »
    Electrics not vrt free?

No. You get a €5,000 discount on the VRT. That means that if the OMSP of the car is over €35k, you do pay 14% VRT of the balance over €35k

I.e. if the car has an OMSP of €48k, the VRT bill is €48k * 14% - €5k = €1820

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

No. You get a €5,000 discount on the VRT. That means that if the OMSP of the car is over €35k, you do pay 14% VRT of the balance over €35k

I.e. if the car has an OMSP of €48k, the VRT bill is €48k * 14% - €5k = €1820

Is 14% of the balance not 14% of 48k - 35k = 13k?

No, the VRT percentage is 14%. You pay this over the OMSP minus the €35k threshold. So you pay 14% * (48k-35k) or 14% * 48k - €5k

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

listermint wrote: »
    Electrics not vrt free?
    No
    My vrt on my 2016 S was 2.75k.
    You get a 5k discount, not 100%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

To divert back to the lowly seats
    18k Ioniq on dung deal,99k MILES

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

adunis wrote: »
    To divert back to the lowly seats
    18k Ioniq on dung deal,99k MILES

Link here: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq-electric-stunning-car-28kw-h/24289164

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Yup. Looks very clean from the pictures. For €18k it's certainly a nice if you're not hung up on the milage (Bjorns ioniq battery health video comes to mind). The last few Ioniqs i've seen up have seemed to have decent price cuts. A few sub 20k ones of late IIRC.

Edit: Battery warranty is all but gone. 160k km.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Yup. Looks very clean from the pictures. For €18k it's certainly a nice if you're not hung up on the milage (Bjorns ioniq battery health video comes to mind). The last few Ioniqs i've seen up have seemed to have decent price cuts. A few sub 20k ones of late IIRC.

Edit: Battery warranty is all but gone. 160k km.

advertiser does not seem to know his cables too well :)

". Two Chargers Included Both a Granny Charger and a Standard 3 Pin. Approx 195 KM Range. "

They arent an EV dealer to be fair to them but yes, should know

It's priced far too low. I wonder did that dealer get their prices from the often wrong trade guides?

Cheapest Ioniq in the UK is a 2016 and GBP18.5k (€22k)

That dealer obviously hasn't a clue: "Similar To Leaf Hybrid ETC...." :p

Someone pick up a bargain quickly before that dealer reads on here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭the corpo

Only up the road
    http://url.ie/166t7

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭ray o

Isn't that the same dealer that was selling on the i3 picked up at auction recently? And if it is I have seen a fair few comments from people that wouldn't buy from them.

Oh really? Yikes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭User1998

Yeah thats him but I’d say thats a genuine car. I’d say he’s so clueless about EV’s that he wouldn’t even know if something was wrong with it. Not as if the head gasket is gonna go on it or anything. The i3 he had sold in a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Presume this is a mistake:

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/used/5YJSB3H14EFP37695?redirect=no

2014 Model S P85

£21,000

jhegarty wrote: »
    Presume this is a mistake:

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/used/5YJSB3H14EFP37695?redirect=no

2014 Model S P85

£21,000
    Vehicle not found. Guess so

Can't find the posts on this. Any idea how to find out how reputable a dealer is? V tempted by this...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

the corpo wrote: »
    Can't find the posts on this. Any idea how to find out how reputable a dealer is? V tempted by this...

If it's under manufacture warranty and passes a cartell/motorcheck check then it doesn't really matter.

the corpo wrote: »
    jhegarty wrote: »
    If it's under manufacture warranty and passes a cartell/motorcheck check then it doesn't really matter.

Double check with Hyundai whether the battery warranty is for 200k km or 160k km. General thinking is the Ioniq 28 had a 200k km warranty, while it looks like the new Ioniq 38 has a limit of 160k km.

If it's 200k km, no harm using the 160k km (as stated on hyundais site) as a bargaining tool. Perhaps the dealer just doesn't know.

In this weather, i'd be looking to see the range suggesting 185km when at 100%. Any less would have me questioning it. Mine shows ~186km these days, and I drive hard, short distances, up a hill, everyday. I'm pretty much giving the car no hope of having good range based on my daily driving.

When I had my Ioniq it showed 165-170 in winter and 175-180 in summer. This was from new.

In this weather, i'd be looking to see the range suggesting 185km when at 100%. Any less would have me questioning it. Mine shows ~186km these days, and I drive hard, short distances, up a hill, everyday. I'm pretty much giving the car no hope of having good range based on my daily driving.

If the car is used for a daily motorway commute at 120km/h GPS speed, the car will show a range of nowhere near 185km on a cold morning with the heat on full blast.

Personally I wouldn't worry at all about the state of the battery unless the mileage is really high. But if you must know, you will have to hook up to the OBD2 port to read the car out. Don't take any notice of the displayed range as it is pretty meaningless in regards of the state of health of the battery...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭zg3409

If the car is used for a daily motorway commute at 120km/h GPS speed, the car will show a range of nowhere near 185km on a cold morning with the heat on full blast.

Personally I wouldn't worry at all about the state of the battery unless the mileage is really high. But if you must know, you will have to hook up to the OBD2 port to read the car out. Don't take any notice of the displayed range as it is pretty meaningless in regards of the state of health of the battery...

If you really want to test the battery ask dealer to have car 100% full and bring it for 120km/h 1 hour run. (60km each way) This should reduce range and based on % left, you can estimate 100% range at 120km/h. If you get an answer of 160km+ then the battery is OK. Worst I have seen on my 28kWh ioniq is 170km range in winter, and I often drive 120km/h or more. Its a good value car if you intend to put high mileage on it and are not worried about resale value 3 or 4 years down the line.

• Advertisement

Resale value in 3-4 years time will be fine. It will compete with (very few) other second hand older EVs, all of which have less range (bar the Teslas). A 7 year old Ioniq with say 85% capacity will still have a summer range of 200km and winter range of 160km. More than plenty for most family's second car.

Buy a 3 year old €20k Ioniq now and I can see it still being worth €10k, 4 years from now. And that's probably pessimistic.

Advertisement