Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 SaulGoodman

2nd hand ev for low mileage driver. 2017 L24/L30 or ioniq. what would one consider good value. any other recommendations??? from reading the previous pages i should try do a deal on that ioniq in kildare...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭zg3409

2nd hand ev for low mileage driver. 2017 L24/L30 or ioniq. what would one consider good value. any other recommendations??? from reading the previous pages i should try do a deal on that ioniq in kildare...

Start a new thread, it depends on your commuting distance and odd long range trip. If the size of a Zoe works it may be good. Depends on your budget and range needs. If you are very low mileage then there may be no real fuel savings and just hassle on long trips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭adunis

For the brave
    2011 leaf jap import NO TRACTION BATTERY.
    2600 euro
    Dung deal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

adunis wrote: »
    For the brave
    2600 euro
    Dung deal

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/2011-nissan-leaf/24359337

Is this the same one that was for sale in Drogheda for a long time? Looks very simliar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,353 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Not even worth a grand without the battery :rolleyes:

A Jap import was for sale for asking €3.5k a few months ago. Probably sold for around €3k. In perfectly working condition. If it died the next day, you could sell the battery for a bit over €2k and the rest for a bit under €1k. Above seller is a dreamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭Markcheese

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-fleuence-electric-car-perfect-city-car/24328967

Doesn't mention the battery ,so I assume it's leased ... But it'd be a better bet than the above leaf ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

So new to all things EV but we're moving in the next few weeks and we need to pick up a second car for the school runs to the next village over.

Looking to pick up an EV as the longest spin needed between charges is probably 60km.

New house can change the car with a granny cable as has the set up outside already.

I'm hoping there's a liklihood we could pick a 1st gen with a small range that perhaps have lost some capacity at a good price?

Markcheese wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-fleuence-electric-car-perfect-city-car/24328967

Doesn't mention the battery ,so I assume it's leased ... But it'd be a better bet than the above leaf ..

Another dreamer. Worth about half his asking price. And only to someone who really wants a very low range EV that doesn't have the €5k cash for an early Leaf and doesn't mind the hefty monthly lease payment forever or the fact that the Fluence can't fast charge. I like the Fluence, but worth just about €1,950 on a very good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭User1998

That Leaf is the same one that was posted here a while back. The new seller didn’t even bother taking new photos. Maybe they just bought the car for the batteries. Or else its the same seller and they have just removed the batteries.

And that Renault was also posted here ages ago as well, still not sold

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

adunis wrote: »
    For the brave
    2600 euro
    Dung deal

What does “NO TRACTION Battery” mean?

As in the main 24 kw battery? Or something else?

Yes. No main 24kWh battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭zg3409

Yes. Looks like they bought the car as a donor car, took the battery for a different car, and are now trying to sell the shell to someone who has a crash damaged leaf with good battery and fancies transferring the battery over. I believe the batteries are coded or paired to the car, so along with a battery swap, you might need a dealer to pair the battery to the car. An Irish guy who swapped a leaf battery actually swapped each individual cell, meaning the computer inside the battery (BMS) did not change, which made it an easier switch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

unkel wrote: »
    Yes. No main 24kWh battery.

Jaysus

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

If the car is used for a daily motorway commute at 120km/h GPS speed, the car will show a range of nowhere near 185km on a cold morning with the heat on full blast.

Personally I wouldn't worry at all about the state of the battery unless the mileage is really high. But if you must know, you will have to hook up to the OBD2 port to read the car out. Don't take any notice of the displayed range as it is pretty meaningless in regards of the state of health of the battery...
    zg3409 wrote: »
    Yes. Looks like they bought the car as a donor car, took the battery for a different car, and are now trying to sell the shell to someone who has a crash damaged leaf with good battery and fancies transferring the battery over. I believe the batteries are coded or paired to the car, so along with a battery swap, you might need a dealer to pair the battery to the car. An Irish guy who swapped a leaf battery actually swapped each individual cell, meaning the computer inside the battery (BMS) did not change, which made it an easier switch.

Or took the battery for a massive home battery? Trying to get a few quid back for the shell of the car now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,190 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

kanuseeme wrote: »
    Model 3 Long Range Awd

8 months old,

https://www.copart.co.uk/lot/51229149

Unrecorded damage.

Unrecorded at the moment? Maybe will be later, are the UK as slow as Ireland updating the claims register. Unusual car to end up at auction unrecorded.

£500 price drop today on what is already the cheapest Model S currently for sale in the UK. Down to £25,950 now. 2014 S85, no AP, 132k miles, seller is a dealer, which implies at least some warranty

778d6710eced4de5be6e187a99b1d438.jpg

Linky

It's still a lot for a 2014 car, considering this was about the same price new and is £950 cheaper now you'd really want to love vintage Tesla's , it's probably cheaper finance a new model 3 and have none of the warranty worries.

You are seriously comparing a crappy tractor engined car with a Tesla?

I'm comparing it with another luxury car for less money, there not shifting at current prices. If it was a 2014 luxury tractor it's probably worth around the £12k mark, a £13k premium for the battery is too much, it buys a lot of go go juice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭richardsheil

£500 price drop today on what is already the cheapest Model S currently for sale in the UK. Down to £25,950 now. 2014 S85, no AP, 132k miles, seller is a dealer, which implies at least some warranty

778d6710eced4de5be6e187a99b1d438.jpg

Linky

I paid 29 for a dec 15 dual motor 70d, with 60,000 miles. 26k for that is expensive.

You did really well. But that was a private sale with no warranty. The same car from a dealer with a warranty would have cost significantly more. Nothing new here, this was always the case. And I guess for a Tesla Model S this gap is a lot wider than with any other EV.

Out of interest, what was the VRT you were charged, and did you fight it?

You did really well. But that was a private sale with no warranty. The same car from a dealer with a warranty would have cost significantly more. Nothing new here, this was always the case. And I guess for a Tesla Model S this gap is a lot wider than with any other EV.

Out of interest, what was the VRT you were charged, and did you fight it?

€971. No fight needed thank goodness

Car has the battery and drive train warranty. I am not risk averse, usually buying at auction.

In fact cars that I looked at at auction were significantly more expensive . I just moved quickly and did deal over phone. Managed to leverage a grand out of seller by offering to close sale quickly. Inspected car myself and paid by revolut instantaneously. Just great fun.

You got a bargain, richardsheil. And you can thank yourself for making it happen :cool:

What way did you find it, just a daily look at autotrader and the like, or elsewhere? Did you do anything about the VRT or was that the initial bill you got and you just paid? That low figure looks very hopeful for us wanting to import lower price end Model S cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I'd say on that one above you linked Unkel there would be very little if any VRT due.

The key to getting a bargain is to move fast, I bought my S on the UK site and paid the 4k GBP less than 24 hours after it was posted.

You got a bargain, richardsheil. And you can thank yourself for making it happen :cool:

What way did you find it, just a daily look at autotrader and the like, or elsewhere? Did you do anything about the VRT or was that the initial bill you got and you just paid? That low figure looks very hopeful for us wanting to import lower price end Model S cars.

Was watching everywhere, had a spreadsheet that I updated daily. Watched British Car auctions, Manheim, Aston Barclay, autotrader, gumtree and Ebay.co.uk.

Estimated 1400 for vrt (14% of 10k) for that car so delighted with 971, was ready to do a vrt query. No need.

Was coming back on train from Cork having sold my previous car and looked at Ebay, car was advertised for 31500. Initial conversation through message system, then a chat. Having sold a few cars over the years to distant parts I tried my usual approach. I will buy the car for x if it is as described. So I will come to look at the car in Edinburgh and buy it for what I have agreed. If there is something I don't like I just won't buy the car. This meant the seller was happy to drop the price as I wouldn't try and nickle and dime him to death.

A few years ago somebody agreed price with me and tried that lark. I told him to get lost, shut the door in his face. He is then sitting outside my house with no car and having come from far end of Ireland. A few minutes later he rings on door and pays up. I find it a great way to do the negotiating without the risk of further downward pressure and used it to my advantage.

The fellow in Edinburgh couldn't have been nicer, his car from new, all the records, picked me up, went to his house, car impeccable, job done. No bull looking for 500 off. I had sent him a tenner just to test Revolut and when I went to pay him the full 29, he made sure I got my tenner back. That kind of experience. Just great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Revolut is very useful in fairness. Paid for a leaf in 2018 via Revolut before importing. For a private sale it makes it very handy I'd say.

It looks like my Ioniq Electric is coming up for sale in the next few days

April 2017 car, 44k km (27k miles), Platinum silver metallic. Full Hyundai service history. First owner and I bought the car with cash, so no finance outstanding. The car is not mint, there are some minor imperfections. In excellent condition though, with two new front Michelin tyres gone on it recently. 2 years full warranty left and 6 years warranty left on battery and drive train. Car comes with granny charging cable, normal type 2 charging cable and the official Hyundai rubber boot liner

Price will be a bit below the going rate, for a quick sale. Grab yourself a bargain.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Guess What Unkel got next.....?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

slave1 wrote: »
    Guess What Unkel got next.....?

Model S...

Advertisement