Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,314 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

eagerv wrote: »
    I see another just popped up on Done Deal at €21995 from a Hyundai dealer in Wexford. Similar to the one I just got, more expensive but lower mileage.

Makes mine look very good value, doesn't it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,007 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I see another just popped up on Done Deal at €21995 from a Hyundai dealer in Wexford. Similar to the one I just got, more expensive but lower mileage.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq-ev-5dr-auto/24395411

I used Done Deal when selling our Prius, must say I was impressed with the speed it went. Put it at a realistic price just a little below similar cars and got about 6 replies within a few hours. First who came to see bought car.

Hmm might go have a look at that's next weekend. Have a 141VW Golf to trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭eagerv

unkel wrote: »
    Makes mine look very good value, doesn't it? :D

Yes it does, that's why I posted it..:)

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Yes it does, that's why I posted it..:)

Sickening to think, buying yours a year after I bought mine would of saved me 4k off the sale price, and cost me ~1k in extra expenses if I had to drive my ice car for that extra year. Less mileage too! No regrets though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭eagerv

Sickening to think, buying yours a year after I bought mine would of saved me 4k off the sale price, and cost me ~1k in extra expenses if I had to drive my ice car for that extra year. Less mileage too! No regrets though!

Think of all the Polar Bears you saved in that year though..:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,469 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Are they tight in the back?
    I am surprised how well the Leaf handles 3 kids.

Very similar to Leaf. 3 kids is fine. Mine are (near) teenagers now and fit fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

McGiver wrote: »
    Why the move? 3 times more expensive car? Peer pressure? :)

More premium car with more range compared to ioniq. It's the same move I've made last year.

The Ioniq "AP-ish" is pretty good so the S won't feel so spaceship like.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭McGiver

ELM327 wrote: »
    More premium car with more range compared to ioniq. It's the same move I've made last year.

The Ioniq "AP-ish" is pretty good so the S won't feel so spaceship like.
    Right. But in terms of pure utilitarian point of view I'm not sure - 3 times more money but definitely not 3 times the range. Hardly double or?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

McGiver wrote: »
    Right. But in terms of pure utilitarian point of view I'm not sure - 3 times more money but definitely not 3 times the range. Hardly double or?

My normal winter range in Ioniq was 160 and my winter range in my S90D is about 280-320. Not treble

• Advertisement

I kinda feel bad for Unkel here. He posted about his car bargain for sale, in a thread made for car bargains, but it's probably a page or 2 ago now.

Someone here once said, the Ioniq is half the car for 1/3rd the money of a model S. Or 2/3rds the car for half the money. Something like that. The point is, the Ioniq is very good, but the Model S is better, thus more costly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Wouldn't be surprised if Unkel's sold his car already. I would have been very interested but certain life events have pushed a new car down the list of priorities.

PS: Another 500 drop for the silver S85. Now relisted at 25,450.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

garo wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if Unkel's sold his car already. I would have been very interested but certain life events have pushed a new car down the list of priorities.

PS: Another 500 drop for the silver S85. Now relisted at 25,450.

Am still waiting for a link or photos of what he is getting :)

What would the vrt be on that S85?

Have a 162 Mercedes c350e and want to uodrade to a model s but not sure if it's worth changing to a 2014 version with no ap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

but not sure if it's worth changing to a 2014 version with no ap

It's not!! Go for one with AP if you do any kind of motorway / main road driving at all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

It looks like my Ioniq Electric is coming up for sale in the next few days

April 2017 car, 44k km (27k miles), Platinum silver metallic. Full Hyundai service history. First owner and I bought the car with cash, so no finance outstanding. The car is not mint, there are some minor imperfections. In excellent condition though, with two new front Michelin tyres gone on it recently. 2 years full warranty left and 6 years warranty left on battery and drive train. Car comes with granny charging cable, normal type 2 charging cable and the official Hyundai rubber boot liner

Price will be a bit below the going rate, for a quick sale. Grab yourself a bargain.
    Would love to be able to make an offer if I could convince my wife. My challenges:
    1) She reckons it'd be way bigger than a Leaf in terms of parking etc - true?
    2) Looking at various pics online is the middle rear space even narrower than Leaf? We are one child seat and two high back boosters. Normally one booster just goes front seat but if stuck on a short local spin I'd throw the eldest/tallest in middle rear space and he can work the belt. Any chance Ioniq would take 2 booster and one child seat?
    3) Buying private would mean the hassle of selling private. Anyone any ballpark idea on 151 L24 Tekna 50K km? Has one scratch (reference parking above) that I need to sort but great condition otherwise. € 12K optimistic?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭McGiver

garo wrote:

I'd have bought it 2 months ago...

garo wrote: »
    Wouldn't be surprised if Unkel's sold his car already.

Not sold, though I was about to do a deal at trade value with a trader. I was dreading having to have one car uninsured! But I managed to bridge insurance today, so we have both cars insured and the pressure is off a bit.

I'd still sell to someone in here in the next few days for a decent price, but I will most likely get the car valeted and put some ads up and then price the car sharply, but no longer at trade value

Have 4 cars now, 2 on my private drive but also 2 parked in public spaces in my cul-de-sac. Before the neighbours kill me (and justifiably so) I will need to sell the Ioniq.

Last chance for someone in here to pick it up well below market value. If anyone wants it and can finalise payment before the end of next week, let me know. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow morning, I will sell it into the trade. Where you will be able to buy it for at least a grand more than you'd have to pay me.

The cheapest Ioniq Electric on Donedeal are all 2017 like mine and are priced at EUR20k, EUR20k, EUR20.5k, EUR20.7k and EUR21k and all have significantly more miles than mine.

The cheapest one on AutoTrader in the UK is a 2016 at EUR21k, before any cost to bring it over

I'm happy to let mine go (preferably to someone in here) for €19k if I can have the cash in my account before the end of next week

Just a bump and making it easier for folk to see the price.
    GLWS.

I would if I could, but I can't so I shan't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭KCross

€19k Ioniq... mileage is high, but not sure that would matter much
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/auto-electric-120tax-sat-nav-heated-seats/24420017

KCross wrote: »
    €19k Ioniq... mileage is high, but not sure that would matter much
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/auto-electric-120tax-sat-nav-heated-seats/24420017

Seats are still wet from the valet! (hence the heated seats on and 30degree temp.

Should sell quick enough at that price, though people are always skeptical around high mileage EVs.

Should sell quick enough at that price, though people are always skeptical around high mileage EVs.

With employment uncertainty I reckon car finance isn't a priority for many now. I doubt much will shift quickly tbh.

Ioniq gone in for a top of the range full valet this morning.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ioniq gone in for a top of the range full valet this morning.

Have you got a DoneDeal ad yet?
    I can post it on the EV owners groups on Facebook.

What's your location Unkel.

NIMAN wrote: »
    What's your location Unkel.

I'm in Lucan. Happy to travel though in any EV :D

Gumbo wrote: »
    Have you got a DoneDeal ad yet?
    I can post it on the EV owners groups on Facebook.

Thanks man. No ads yet. Will take pics after valet and put up ads on adverts and DoneDeal later today or tomorrow

Can also put up pics here

I'm in Lucan. Happy to travel though in any EV :D

Sure come you up to Donegal in your Tesla and take me down to look at your Ioniq!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,703 ✭✭✭creedp

Not sold, though I was about to do a deal at trade value with a trader. I was dreading having to have one car uninsured! But I managed to bridge insurance today, so we have both cars insured and the pressure is off a bit.

I'd still sell to someone in here in the next few days for a decent price, but I will most likely get the car valeted and put some ads up and then price the car sharply, but no longer at trade value

Would jump at that deal as an upgrade to L30 if I didn't have to also upgrade ageing s-max later this year! Timing!!

Advertisement