Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Irish guy bought it I think, see Tesla owners group

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Nedved85 wrote: »

He must have had his eye on it...

It wasn't up there yesterday I think, constantly pressing F5 :)

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Nedved85 wrote: »

Link? So many of them. Can't see anything in the ones I looked at

https://www.facebook.com/groups/310267462820483/ That's the group.

It's private I think. Might be worth joining and say you are on the hunt for a used MS etc.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Cant say that I class it as a bargain as the leaf "2" disgusts me, but some leaf owners may disagree:

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-ev-sve-62kw-my20-4dr-auto/24471400

• Registered Users Posts: 65,314 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You're putting up a €40k Nissan Leaf in the bargain thread? Maybe I shouldn't joke about this, but have you checked your temperature recently, are you coughing at at all? :pac:

Thing is, getting over there right now is not really advisable I’d say...

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Zenith74

Similar Leaf62 up North for less than €33k and they’ll even drop it down to Dublin!

https://www.charleshurstgroup.co.uk/nissan/nearly-new-car/nissan/leaf/160kw-e--tekna-62kwh-5dr-auto/id/237774

It’s a little too new and too low mileage for zero cost import right now unfortunately!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭babybuilder

Zenith74 wrote: »
    Similar Leaf62 up North for less than €33k and they’ll even drop it down to Dublin!

https://www.charleshurstgroup.co.uk/nissan/nearly-new-car/nissan/leaf/160kw-e--tekna-62kwh-5dr-auto/id/237774

It’s a little too new and too low mileage for zero cost import right now unfortunately!
    Says 40kWh

Says 40kWh

Weird, guess they must have copied and pasted the description, the title is pretty clear though (160kW e+ Tekna 62kWh) and having spoken to them about it, it's a 62kWh. They have 2-3 ex-demos around the same price.

Not saying these are especially cheap/good-value either, just saying that €40k down here represents extremely bad value :)

€33k and no VRT is pretty good value considering the other EVs you can buy these days for around that money. Personally I'd be inclined to add a few thousand and get one of the Hyundai / Kia long range triplets though.

unkel wrote: »
    €33k and no VRT is pretty good value considering the other EVs you can buy these days for around that money. Personally I'd be inclined to add a few thousand and get one of the Hyundai / Kia long range triplets though.

Only problem is these are a little too new and low mileage to import free-of-charge, you'd have to add VAT :(. Guess you could bring one down and park it up for a few months, or have them hold it.

I'm probably going to go with a Leaf62 SVE in the next month or two. The Kona is significantly smaller and feels really cheap inside compared to the Leaf (my personal opinion obviously). I haven't keen in the Niro, but I'd already be stretching to get to the Leaf62, don't really want to stretch further. CHAdeMO is a bummer, as is the efficiency and charging speed of the car, but all three affect me only a couple of times a year and frankly I just really like the Leaf! Premium interior feel in the SVE without having to go to the €70k range, reliable as hell, hold their value OK (now), just do what they say on the tin really! Have spent quite a bit of time agonising over it, but keep coming back to the Leaf.

Only problem is these are a little too new and low mileage to import free-of-charge, you'd have to add VAT :(

The one in the ad has 3988 miles on it, which is well over the 6k km it has to do here to be VAT exempt. It does have to be 6 months old as well though, so if I were you, I'd just wait a few months before buying one.

And there's nothing wrong with the L62. You like it and it suits your needs and you know its limitations. I would try and get it very cheaply though as it will depreciate more than any other EV. Which is less of a concern if you plan to keep it for a long time.

The one in the ad has 3988 miles on it, which is well over the 6k km it has to do here to be VAT exempt. It does have to be 6 months old as well though, so if I were you, I'd just wait a few months before buying one.

And there's nothing wrong with the L62. You like it and it suits your needs and you know its limitations. I would try and get it very cheaply though as it will depreciate more than any other EV. Which is less of a concern if you plan to keep it for a long time.

EURGBP is very tasty for importing cars right now though, 'tis a shame there aren't a few more available!

EURGBP is very tasty for importing cars right now though, 'tis a shame there aren't a few more available!
    And that people wouldnt/shouldnt travel anyway.

I know I wouldnt risk my family's lives for a deal on a car.

ELM327 wrote: »

Sorry that goes without saying. Nothing to stop you paying for the car now and collecting in a few months time though.

By head of population, the infection rate is similar to here. But travel restrictions work both ways. If you're lucky, you may have a friend there who can collect and hold the car for a few weeks.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Transporter

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

2017 100 dual motor, AP2 with autopilot and lots of extras
    Asking £55 so about €59k+VRT

Good price for the 100D

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202002217587001

Quite a good price, yes.

Love that colour! But if you're gonna fork out that sorta money, wouldn't ya want ludicrous performance?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

isnt there a company that will still deliver them over here?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

slave1 wrote: »
    2017 100 dual motor, AP2 with autopilot and lots of extras
    Asking £55 so about €59k+VRT

Good price for the 100D

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202002217587001

Go on, you know you want to!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Love that colour! But if you're gonna fork out that sorta money, wouldn't ya want ludicrous performance?

Is'nt it an add on? OTA

Whats the damage on it.

listermint wrote: »
    Is'nt it an add on? OTA

No it isn't. The P (performance) models have all sorts of different hardware. Some of it visual, some of it needed to deal with the increased power. Like uprated brakes with usually the red brake calipers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

To be honest, the ludicrous thing wouldn't be on my wish list at all. All the talk of 0.1 second faster to 100 is all bollox, in my opinion. The Model 3 standard performance should be enough for anyone for normal road use. Even the E-Niro only occasionally needs full throttle when passing, or embarrassing BMW drivers at the lights. :D

I have no intention of using any new car on a track. If I want a track experience, it would be in a very large V8 petrol. I love the EV drive for normal driving, but you can't beat the drama of big V8 petrol powered cars in the right setting.

Maybe someone can show me the path I'm missing. :p

What an apt username for posting in the EV forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

slave1 wrote: »
    Transporter

Got a leaf home from bristol few months ago for 300e on a car transporter.

Advertisement