Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

The UK is shutting down. So i guess there won't be any bargains for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭zg3409

jhegarty wrote: »
    The UK is shutting down. So i guess there won't be any bargains for a while.

Home chargers

https://touch.adverts.ie/other/abl-32a-electric-car-charger-ev-charger/20035508

https://touch.adverts.ie/other/bmw-i-wallbox-plus-ev-home-charger/20042839

Same seller for both. One can be seen working attached to house.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,314 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

They are from our forum regular gumbo :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

zg3409 wrote: »

Thanks ZG.
    Let me be absolute clear, both of these chargers are 100%.
    I have the ABL fixed to my house 2 years now. I just bought the dongle and am flashing it to 32a when that arrives (hopefully today/tomorrow depending on An Post schedule).

I bought the BMW Wall Box Plus as a means to get 32a charging at home but when I got it home, I realised its twice as deep as the ABL so it will block my side entrance considerably if I install it in a like for like location as the current ABL.

I would have to do a relocation of the charger to make the BMW unit work. Its a non cost option as my brother can do the electrics so that's not the issue, I merely wanted the faster option available to me, but if I get that from flashing the ABL, then the BMW unit is just a fancier charger :)

I have the fitting and user manuals, a pack of unused RFID cards etc

Basically, ill sell whatever goes first and work with whats left :)

Discount for any forum members looking for either unit :)

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Model S 85
    50k miles on it
    Tesla battery warranty

Price dropped to £27,500 from £30k and looks like it's been removed off autotrader. Someone might have snapped it up already.

Pistonheads link:
    https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/tesla/model-s/tesla-model-s-e-85-cvt-5dr-nav/10289306
    tesla-model-s-e-85-5dr-441620701-1.jpg

• Advertisement

Very cheap for an AutoPilot car! Air suspension too, which is a great feature when you do a lot of driving not on motorways. No warranty though, so only for the brave with a deep pocket in case of problems.

Model S 85
    50k miles on it
    Tesla battery warranty

Price dropped to £27,500 from £30k and looks like it's been removed off autotrader. Someone might have snapped it up already.

Stay away. There is no warranty on that car as it's from Hong Kong.

I am also suspicious it may have had a hard time in Hong Kong before being imported. Don't want to say any more because I am not 100% sure.

jhegarty wrote: »
    Stay away. There is no warranty on that car as it's from Hong Kong.

I am also suspicious it may have had a hard time in Hong Kong before being imported. Don't want to say any more because I am not 100% sure.

Not like i'll be heading to the UK any time soon anyways. :pac:

zg3409 wrote: »

ABL charger now sold.
    The owner of Unkel’s Ioniq bought it :)

Talk about keeping it in the family :D

Nice! They clearly know a bargain when they see one. And more importantly, they can act on it quickly (this is where most bargain hunters are lacking).

I presume you explained the 16A / 32A capabilities to them and are they going to upgrade the charger themselves?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Very cheap. The second owner is getting a better deal than the first owner got!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Nice car: but I'd buy the one to the left in the pic first :) :pac::pac:

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Yeah, it sold already. Decent bargain, unless jhegarty is right.

It's a dodgy car, should be much cheaper
    Buying a tesla outside of region is a no-no

ELM327 wrote: »
    It's a dodgy car, should be much cheaper
    Buying a tesla outside of region is a no-no

Does it say that somewhere or do ye know something I don't?

There is a specific part of the contract that deals with supported and unsupported regions, and a further section that deals with bringing the car outside of the region you purchased in.

You could bring a UK car to Germany and receive support as both are part of the Europe region. You could not bring a US car here and receive support, warranty, connectivity etc. You dont even get OTA updates.

Yeah, it sold already.

Which makes the £28,750 one I posted two days ago the cheapest Model S again in the UK. No warranty, but it does have AP and free supercharging for life. Not a bad price if you could get it at GBP28k (€31k landed here on Irish plates)

A regular on this forum mentioned a few weeks ago he had no problem selling his 2014 car (with no AP!) for €35k privately. So a bit of margin here and an opportuntiy for someone to make an easy punt. On paper of course as there shouldn't be any travelling over to the UK until restrictions are lifted.

I dont think anyone will sell anything for 35k at the moment tbh

Don't know about that. My Ioniq sold the day after WhatsApp was full of messages that the army was being brought in and a total lock down was to be in place in Ireland from 11AM the next morning and that there would be armed soldiers at every supermarket in the country (and you would be surprised how many people actually believed this sh1t)

If something is priced right, it will sell. Even in a crisis.

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Nice! They clearly know a bargain when they see one. And more importantly, they can act on it quickly (this is where most bargain hunters are lacking).

I presume you explained the 16A / 32A capabilities to them and are they going to upgrade the charger themselves?

Yes explained the whole situation.
    Told her to apply for grant and try get local sparks to fit.

Told her to chat to the sparks to make sure to put in 6mm sq cable as the unit can be changed to 32a.

It’s currently at 16a but I’ve no post yet so no dongle and I wanted to get it in the post to her ASAP.

Maybe the boards user that connected her to you can explain how to flash it to 32a.

I spent the last hour extending the cable to the other side to fit the bmw unit later hopefully.

It's defiantly import from Hong Kong. So no warranty of any type from Tesla in Europe. It does have a battery warranty, but you would need to ship the car back to use it.

There was an car of exact same specs and color imported from Hong Kong around the same time as this. It had been a writen off there. But I can't prove 100% it's the same car.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Leaf 40 Tekna with Pro Pilot and all the bells and whistles, best colour and very low mileage, one year old, about 1,000kms to be added to it before VRT appointment, landed for €22.5 via transporter to most of Ireland

https://usedcars.nissan.co.uk/en/vehicles/nissan/leaf/e-110kw-tekna-40kwh-5-dr-hatchback-s4b6a6j

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Leaf 40 Tekna with Pro Pilot and all the bells and whistles, best colour and very low mileage, one year old, about 1,000kms to be added to it before VRT appointment, landed for €22.5 via transporter to most of Ireland

So the man would charge you minus €300 to deliver the car to Ireland? :p

This one is decent value. Asking GBP16,989, I'd be surprised if you couldn't get it for GBP16,500 cash. Allowing for a cheap flight and ferry and using the interbank rate for the transfer, you'd have that on Irish plates for well under EUR18.5k.

c2d16ec76b6a492b97f2df2260d86295.jpg

Linky

Good luck with the #rapidgate on the road trip back from London :pac:

So the man would charge you minus €300 to deliver the car to Ireland? :p

Assumed £20.5k price, FX 0.92 and €300 transporter = ~ €22.5

slave1 wrote: »
    Assumed £20.5k price, FX 0.92 and €300 transporter = ~ €22.5

GBP20.5k is over EUR22.5k at the current interbank rate.

£22,500 stg is currently €22,565 through Revolut.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Gumbo wrote: »
    £22,500 stg is currently €22,565 through Revolut.

:confused:

I'm seeing €24865 inc fees.

• Advertisement

GBP20.5k is over EUR22.5k at the current interbank rate.

I got some at .9211 in the wee hours this morning so didn't check before my posting, see STG has rallied today alright

Advertisement