Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Nedved85 wrote: »
    :confused:

I'm seeing €24865 inc fees.

Strange. I was using just the standard revolut.
    Maybe different fees or rates for premium accounts?
    Also, I didn’t think there was any fees as I’ve never paid any fees?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Gumbo wrote: »
    Strange. I was using just the standard revolut.
    Maybe different fees or rates for premium accounts?
    Also, I didn’t think there was any fees as I’ve never paid any fees?

If you try to convert, a few will be added. I’m on the standard plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,372 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

slave1 wrote: »
    I got some at .9211 in the wee hours this morning so didn't check before my posting

Just make sure if you ever buy a car with sterling that you actually do check before you're paying :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

ELM327 wrote: »
    I dont think anyone will sell anything for 35k at the moment tbh

totally this. i WAS in the amrket for a new 3 or another used s, wont be spending a penney until we see what way this possible recession goes.

copeyhagen wrote: »
    totally this. i WAS in the amrket for a new 3 or another used s, wont be spending a penney until we see what way this possible recession goes.

Same for a while, unless I get a Model S for £21k 😊😊😊😊

• Advertisement

well tha could change everything! i know its terriblw, but people might be stuck, both privately and dealers and need to unload stock in next few months?

For me, I'll be keeping an eye on second hand MS and M3s in the UK and if all is still OK myself financially in the last quarter of the year I'll make a swoop.

Its interesting, a good uptick in availability of second hand Model 3s in the UK recently.

wonder what the vrt would be like.

my 2015 90d revenue valued at 62k.. ha.

i got money back from them, but the valuation was still 52k even though i showed irish cars for sale to backup my 45k claim.

a new enough m3 might be crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Its interesting, a good uptick in availability of second hand Model 3s in the UK recently.

At some stage they might figure out a second hand car is worth less than a new one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

For me, I'll be keeping an eye on second hand MS and M3s in the UK and if all is still OK myself financially in the last quarter of the year I'll make a swoop.

I was considering selling my S in q4 of this year, that will be one year of ownership and time for something else.

2019 Ioniq 38kWh, just past 6 months old and plenty on the ODO to avoid VRT, asking £25k, up North too so no expensive traveling...

Sterling has gone up sharply this week, but get a few hundred off, get a lift over and you have that on Irish plates for €28k. Pretty good deal if you were going to buy a new one anyway

Personally, I think a 2017 or 2018 Ioniq classic for €19-€20k is a better deal though...

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Why are half the internal pics in kilometers and the other half in miles?

Edit: The latest pics (early Feb by the looks of it) are in KM. Handy if that's the case

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

unkel wrote: »
    Personally, I think a 2017 or 2018 Ioniq classic for €19-€20k is a better deal though...

Probably get me from Dungannon to Cork faster too :D

Probably get me from Dungannon to Cork faster too :D

For sure it will. Long distance the 28kWh Ioniq classic is going to be much, much faster than the 38kWh new Ioniq. The only use case where the new model would be a better choice if you regularly need to do a trip that's just outside the (winter) range of the Ioniq classic, like a 200km motorway trip

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Been for sale a while, there's another one (black) for sale at 1k less

It's about the going rate. I sold mine privately last month for €19.5k with considerably lower mileage. Also mine was silver metallic, not solid white, which is less desirable and was cheaper when new. You could consider buying privately, as even an early 2017 car still has 2 years of Hyundai warranty left, so no worries there.

There are two cheaper Ioniqs for sale in Ireland at the moment, both black, both with considerably higher mileage again than that one and both with an asking price of €19k. Once mileage starts going towards 100k km, it is likely you will have some noticeable battery degradation (nothing much to worry about though)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭BigAl81

unkel wrote:
    ...the (winter) range of the Ioniq classic, like a 200km motorway trip

Sorry for the off topic post, but it's important for potential bargain hunters to know, the winter motorway range of the 28kWh Ioniq is closer to 160kms from 100% full to zero % empty, so a usable range of about 140kms or so depending on your tolerance for risk.

Source: I have the 28 Ioniq and do a 172km mostly motorway trip about 50 times a year.

• Advertisement

You've only partially quoted me. I clearly meant that if you do a regular trip of say 200km, the classic Ioniq is not for you as it won't make that trip, but the 38kWh Ioniq can handle it even in winter.

2014 P85+ €42k.

Maybe. 40k car in the current climate.

https://www.donedeal.ie/view/24554914

If it has AP that's not a bad deal. Certainly more realistic than most Irish listed Teslas for sale on DD.
    When you see nosecone cars listed above 50k you know it's ridiculous. Those cars can be got for mid to high 20s in theUK

If it has AP that's not a bad deal. Certainly more realistic than most Irish listed Teslas for sale on DD.
    When you see nosecone cars listed above 50k you know it's ridiculous. Those cars can be got for mid to high 20s in theUK

If it wasn't so far away id ask to view it and see what the cost to change from the i3 would be.

If it has AP that's not a bad deal.

No it hasn't AP :p

Cheapest P85 (non AP) in the UK is GBP36k at the moment, which is EUR41k, before you bring it over. So I agree with Gumbo, if you can get the Irish one at €40k, you got yourself a pretty decent deal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Please show me any P85D in mid to high £20's in the UK????? These are £40k +
    Then show me any Model S mid £20's in the UK

That ad is brutal, nothing about AP or specs, for someone looking to sell a €40k car they've left more questions than answers, nothing about service history, warranty, even the basic's missing

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

That ad is brutal, nothing about AP or specs, for someone looking to sell a €40k car they've left more questions than answers, nothing about service history, warranty, even the basic's missing

Which is good for people that know what they are buying. The dealer is most likely just selling a "car". He may not know that its the P version with near 500bhp etc etc

unkel wrote: »
    No it hasn't AP :p

Cheapest P85 (non AP) in the UK is GBP36k at the moment, which is EUR41k, before you bring it over. So I agree with Gumbo, if you can get the Irish one at €40k, you got yourself a pretty decent deal.

As you know, you can get P85 for much less than that.

Please show me any P85D in mid to high £20's in the UK????? These are £40k +
    Then show me any Model S mid £20's in the UK

It's a P85+, not a P85D, and doesnt have AP.
    I just checked autotrader and the 3 that were there last week between 25 and 28 are gone.

Its not a good time to be judging pricing it seems, but what I will agree on, is that is a really good price for an Irish based Tesla. I will countenance it by saying that for 5k more, my facelift '16 S90D was bought including VRT from Tesla direct including 12k miles bumper to bumper warranty

And my 0-60 time is within 0.3 seconds of the 3.9 for the p85+.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Problem with buying an early 40s (price wise) 20@4 Model S....

Is that a bit of saving gets you into a new Model 3......

You'd have the latest 2020 tech....

1st owner.....

And the Model 3 will remain Nerf free at superchargers and what not for longer. Even if that's purely because it's new and would be nerfed eventually.

It's not clear yet how or if Model 3 would be nerfed - Bjorn had a video about it. But little concrete info.

You could go "boring" and have a brand new Kia EV.....

Depends on the priorities.

But you want to really want a Model S to go for a P85 at 42 k imo.

There is one caveat......

The Model S IS a landmark car and if you keep it long enough then it's a future classic one would think.

Still needs to drop in value more however before that aspect which is speculation kicks in.

• Advertisement

The P85+ is a rare beast too. Staggered wheel size from factory. Massive rear motor so great for fun use.
    It's unfortunate that there's no AP as it limits the novelty factor

However: one thing that makes tesla unique, you could be sitting charging that car at Ionity on CCS, watching Netflix in the MCU screen. Neither of those were possible when the car was sold.

However, for similar money, this is a better buy
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202003128345169?sort=price-asc&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&make=TESLA&postcode=l10aa&page=2

Advertisement