Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Avoid!!
    The 60 is the worst battery (the first gen) as it is low voltage, charges slowly, and supercharging was optional (ie you may get a car that you have to pay to have supercharging enabled).

The second 60 (the software locked 75) is one of the best to have as you have isolation from degradation but do not touch a first gen 60 with a bargepole!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

The software restricted could also be a good buy as Tesla sometimes have a "flash" sale where you can purchase the extra capacity at much reduced cost, they had one at some stage last year IIRC

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Yes but to be honest I'd never buy it back. You can charge to 100% and charge much faster, as you're essentially charging a 75kWh battery using only 5-90% of the battery.
    I'd love a software limited 100 pack in my S 90. I see they are offering software limited 100 packs (limited to 85) to early S85 owners in the US as they are now out of warranty. If it comes here and I still have the S in 4 years I'd love that!

Car for life with a S100 limited to S85

slave1 wrote: »
    The software restricted could also be a good buy as Tesla sometimes have a "flash" sale where you can purchase the extra capacity at much reduced cost, they had one at some stage last year IIRC

Wow, just chanced across this, it was offered in 2017 at $2,000 and rumours that it will be offered again at end of this quarter to boost Tesla earnings, make sense

• Advertisement

CPO 70D with 50k miles and two year bumper to bumper warranty, £37k
    AP1
    https://tesla-info.com/car/GB-5YJSB7E28FF103344

• Registered Users Posts: 65,316 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

CPO 70D with 50k miles and two year bumper to bumper warranty, £37k
    AP1
    https://tesla-info.com/car/GB-5YJSB7E28FF103344

Nice car, but apart from AP1 no desirable optional extras, paid supercharging, standard single charger, standard stereo, no 7 seats. And not particularly cheap for a pre-facelift car at GBP37k = EUR42k. And another EUR1.4k VRT if they value it at EUR45k, plus costs to bring it over and you are talking the guts of EUR44k to get it on Irish plates

That's why I'm not buying it, what it does have is long bumper to bumper in both time and kilometers

2012 Leaf, 71k miles, asking €5k

Linky

Get a bit of money off and if you have the cash, you will get a near zero depreciation car that is cheaper to own total cost of ownership than any other car (even cheaper than a petrol / diesel car someone would give to you for free)

It's ugly, it's white, it's dirty and it has high mileage. But €7,250 asking for a 2015 Leaf with the better range and the newer battery chemistry is a bargain.

Linky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

unkel wrote: »
    It's ugly, it's white, it's dirty and it has high mileage. But €7,250 asking for a 2015 Leaf with the better range and the newer battery chemistry is a bargain.

Linky

Some mileage, taxi?

What's the range on that?

unkel wrote: »

Linky

That's actually a great find. Looks to have lost a bar, but at that miles/age that's not unexpected.

As a second car, that's a much better buy than anything else you'd get at that money in the BEV/HEV/Small ice market

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Love the wasp in the NCT disk
    Y2M5YzZiODljMGI5ZjAyZWE4ZGNlZjNjZDE3ZTAyMmM2447cE3s88Vux2oNfbu-XaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDE1NzkxNTV8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

That's a bit of a sting in the tail alright

Get your coat:pac:

I can't seem to link directly but Tesla UK have two standard Model 3's listed with over 6,000miles under their New section and priced at £36k, they had a couple more at with higher mileage at £34.5k last night but they seem to be gone now, you can still see them on Tesla Info for a short while

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/inventory/new/m3?arrangeby=plh&zip=null&range=0

£36k would be what, €38k, plus another €3-4k for VRT. Say €42k, and the initial 1k expense of getting over and back (very difficult these days too) and you're at 43k where a brand new one with no miles from Sandyford is €47k.

I can't seem to link directly but Tesla UK have two standard Model 3's listed with over 6,000miles under their New section and priced at £36k, they had a couple more at with higher mileage at £34.5k last night but they seem to be gone now, you can still see them on Tesla Info for a short while

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/inventory/new/m3?arrangeby=plh&zip=null&range=0

This one. Like the one Unkel bought, it was snapped up quickly and is no longer on Teslas site:
    https://tesla-info.com/car/GB-5YJ3F7EA2KF409434

There were 6 CPO M3 put up for under £36k yesterday/this morning it seems. All gone now.
    All standard range plus.
    4 black ranging from £34480->£35k
    2 reds. £35200, £35600

ELM327 wrote: »
    £36k would be what, €38k, plus another €3-4k for VRT. Say €42k, and the initial 1k expense of getting over and back (very difficult these days too) and you're at 43k where a brand new one with no miles from Sandyford is €47k.

Those days are gone. £36k is looking like €41k :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Get your coat:pac:

Oooh ELM, looks like you've pulled. :D

• Advertisement

On the assumption they are over 6months old, VRT more like €1.7k.
    €20 flights to Edinburgh when I looked last week and still ferry crossings from Cairnryan to Belfast so much cheaper but I totally agree it would be very difficult and the wrong thing to do these days

It's well over €41k at the moment. Then the car will be valued over here at €45k or so, so there is a few grand in VRT and cost to get it here. That second hand car from the UK will turn out to be no cheaper than to buy a brand new one here.

In general, with the way Sterling is now, and with the way EVs over there keep there value very well across the range, there is zero point bringing any EV in from the UK. Unless you got an exceptional deal / bargain / misprice

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Are those cars new or 6 months old for the VAT rules ?

Oooh ELM, looks like you've pulled. :D
    Great stuff, I'll let the mrs know :D

Ok yeah then that really makes it make less sense.
    TBH with my experience buying from Tesla UK I'd never do it again nor reccomend it to anyone unless you're getting an amazing deal like Unkel got.

In saying that, I got a good deal too.

For bargain Teslas:
    https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/new/5YJXDCE48HF060038?redirect=no

I contacted about this and it's a used car, 2017 plate.
    They would only give me 36k on my MS90D as a tradein which is much less than it's worth so I won't be buying it but this is a great spec MX P100D for someone, with free SuC to boot!

jhegarty wrote: »
    Are those cars new or 6 months old for the VAT rules ?

Tesla don't give that info online unfortunately, fair chance over 6months though

Tesla don't give that info online unfortunately, fair chance over 6months though
    They will if you ask.
    I'd hazard a guess that any not listed as "less than 50km odometer" would be more than 6 months

For bargain Teslas:
    https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/new/5YJXDCE48HF060038?redirect=no

I contacted about this and it's a used car, 2017 plate.

The whole family of 6 people in the car and still faster away from the lights in this people carrier than a Ferrari or Lamborghini :p

Nearly 100k for a 3 year old Model X though. That's just nope.

It's the performance spec with ludicrous. The wheels alone are a 5k upgrade.
    There;'s a 2019 one for 120k. Or a 2019 Performance S for ~100k.
    To be honest I'd have the 2017 over either as it has the right wheels (5k upgrade) and the right configuration - 6 seater (7k upgrade) and FSD - another 5.5k upgrade - and keep the 20k in my pocket!

• Advertisement

I know it's a very well specced car. It will lose a good 50k in depreciation over the next 3 years or so though!

Advertisement