Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

ELM327 wrote: »
    It's the performance spec with ludicrous. The wheels alone are a 5k upgrade.
    There;'s a 2019 one for 120k. Or a 2019 Performance S for ~100k.
    To be honest I'd have the 2017 over either as it has the right wheels (5k upgrade) and the right configuration - 6 seater (7k upgrade) and FSD - another 5.5k upgrade - and keep the 20k in my pocket!

For that money, I'd want it to have good foundations, a sea view and a BER rating of A. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

For that money, I'd want it to have good foundations, a sea view and a BER rating of A. :P
    It's very stable due to low center of gravity and I'm sure the BER is brilliant.
    You have to create the sea view yourself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,316 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

In Ireland? This is as close as you will get to that for your money :p

D1sFghyMGrTvenJl_Bnk4ihpcaFedcM7bpRibvur86ATat0nZ7w2FZQNePWi95BbM8R3VK1oyVGZAzKSRQHTzejAOSaK5ccbm_9CQLkSqOg4Rm-NcjZZv1npX-GbzcdSVjqayooGH_ATQYcjKTVTuF5FB3ZR8rO_hg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

unkel wrote: »
    In Ireland? This is as close as you will get to that for your money :p

D1sFghyMGrTvenJl_Bnk4ihpcaFedcM7bpRibvur86ATat0nZ7w2FZQNePWi95BbM8R3VK1oyVGZAzKSRQHTzejAOSaK5ccbm_9CQLkSqOg4Rm-NcjZZv1npX-GbzcdSVjqayooGH_ATQYcjKTVTuF5FB3ZR8rO_hg

OK, maybe drop the A rating then. :D

And the foundations :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I'll certainly be corrected if im wrong, but (ignoring the horrible exchange rate at the moment) is this 2016 Model S 70 a bargain at a shade under £28k?
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202004178981444

I'm not familiar at all with the Model S range, so i'm not entirely sure if a 2016 70 is a better buy than a 2014 85, but I know through osmosis that the 60 is never to be touched.

I'll certainly be corrected if im wrong, but (ignoring the horrible exchange rate at the moment) is this 2016 Model S 70 a bargain at a shade under £28k?

I'm not familiar at all with the Model S range, so i'm not entirely sure if a 2016 70 is a better buy than a 2014 85, but I know through osmosis that the 60 is never to be touched.

Linky no worky. But here it is:

Linky

Suspiciously cheap. Note: this is a private sale, not from that company. So no warranty (apart from the Tesla 8 year warranty on battery / drivetrain). Caveat emptor. If the MCU needs replacing, Tesla will be looking for EUR3k for that.

And GBP27,990 is EUR32,200 at the moment :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Linky no worky. But here it is:

Linky

Suspiciously cheap. Note: this is a private sale, not from that company. So no warranty (apart from the Tesla 8 year warranty on battery / drivetrain). Caveat emptor.

And GBP27,990 is EUR32,200 at the moment :eek:
    That link isn’t working either :confused:

Aye, that's weird. Just copy and paste the bit after "test" into your browsers then:

testhttps://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202004178981444

• Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Aye, that's weird. Just copy and paste the bit after "test" into your browsers then:

testhttps://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202004178981444

That link brings you to website called partnerize.

• Advertisement

Not if you follow my instructions ;)

Not if you follow my instructions ;)

Yeah, something up with boards perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Came here to post this one. Someone is getting a serious bargain if the car has no issues.

Is the AP error here an issue ?

https://m.atcdn.co.uk/a/media/w800h600/11bfb1a9351b4b60916610da52383c35.jpg

I spotted that too. And I don't know either if it is an issue or not. If it was, surely the seller would have either mentioned it (and optionally showed the picture) or not mentioned it at all and not showed the picture. So on the balance of probabilities, I'd say there is no issue. You tempted, jhegarty?

And if there was an issue, you could use that in your argumentation in the VRT appeal. I did. Well I argued that AWD and Auto Pilot are desirable options in a Tesla Model S and that a car without either is worth a lot less. And I enclosed ads of newer (but significantly more expensive) cars with AP1 and AWD. Revenue then agreed with my valuation of my car at a bit above the VRT threshold, so pretty much no VRT due, so they gave me a full refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I spotted that too. And I don't know either if it is an issue or not. If it was, surely the seller would have either mentioned it (and optionally showed the picture) or not mentioned it at all and not showed the picture. So on the balance of probabilities, I'd say there is no issue. You tempted, jhegarty?

And if there was an issue, you could use that in your argumentation in the VRT appeal. I did. Well I argued that AWD and Auto Pilot are desirable options in a Tesla Model S and that a car without either is worth a lot less. And I enclosed ads of newer (but significantly more expensive) cars with AP1 and AWD. Revenue then agreed with my valuation of my car at a bit above the VRT threshold, so pretty much no VRT due, so they gave me a full refund.

I am on-hold until the current unpleasantness is over. Doesn't stop me looking hourly.

Not sure what you mean with being on-hold though?

If buying from Tesla UK, that will take several weeks to complete, with input from the buyer on the collection date to be agreed. If buying from a private or even a trade UK seller, I'm sure a significant deposit would secure the deal. And both parties could agree that collection of the car / making the final payment does not have to happen for another good few weeks.

Not sure what you mean with being on-hold though?

If buying from Tesla UK, that will take several weeks to complete, with input from the buyer on the collection date to be agreed. If buying from a private or even a trade UK seller, I'm sure a significant deposit would secure the deal. And both parties could agree that collection of the car / making the final payment does not have to happen for another good few weeks.

Perhaps the unpleasantness is the exchange rate :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Nice looking car but got no extras, pony up for some extras like sound, dual charger, sunroof.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Petetheroadie

That's a pretty good deal with 50k miles of bumper to bumper warranty remaining... but no AP at all.

• Advertisement

But for the exchange rate, yeah, it's a pretty good. €30000 before you start making your way over there.

Is there any way to find out what extras the car might have before committing? Dual chargers? Unlimited supercharging? Or with Tesla CPO do you just kinda roll the dice on those things (like unkel)?

But for the exchange rate, yeah, it's a pretty good. €30000 before you start making your way over there.

Is there any way to find out what extras the car might have before committing? Dual chargers? Unlimited supercharging? Or with Tesla CPO do you just kinda roll the dice on those things (like unkel)?
    CH01 Dual Chargers
    SC04 Pay Per Use Supercharging

https://ev-cpo.com/hunter/?lookup#advanced

So it has 22kW but not free SuC

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

it's a pretty good. €30000 before you start making your way over there.

Gone already?
    Cheapest I see is 35k stg...

Gumbo wrote: »
    Gone already?
    Cheapest I see is 35k stg...

Yup. Gone.

They don't last long at all when they're priced right and CPO. It's certainly a good price in the UK, but with the exchange rate of the last month or so it's a bit more of a hit here. It was £26,400 with 50k miles on it, 50k mile/2 years warranty left, grey/silver colour, 19" wheels, No AP, Dual charger, . So ~€30200 at today's rates. Last month that would of been €1-2k cheaper.

I think a nonAP CPO has a chance of free supercharging despite CPO Hunter saying otherwise

I'd be interested to see what Unkel's car says

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Yup. Gone.

They don't last long at all when they're priced right and CPO. It's certainly a good price in the UK, but with the exchange rate of the last month or so it's a bit more of a hit here. It was £26,400 with 50k miles on it, 50k mile/2 years warranty left, grey/silver colour, 19" wheels, No AP, Dual charger, . So ~€30200 at today's rates. Last month that would of been €1-2k cheaper.

Did it only appear this morning?
    I checked the Tesla sale site (the one that lists all Teslas for sale) and it wasn’t on it.

ELM327 wrote: »
    I'd be interested to see what Unkel's car says

Just checked back through his thread, its SC01 so free supercharging on EPO Hunter.
    My theory is dead so

Gumbo wrote: »
    Did it only appear this morning?
    I checked the Tesla sale site (the one that lists all Teslas for sale) and it wasn’t on it.

Gone in a flash, not on EPO Hunter or Tesla Info either and usually stays there for a few hours after been taken off the Tesla EPO website.
    I'd have been extremely tempted at that price but would love a fully loaded 85 with AP, free supercharging (more for years to come) and unlimited connectivity

• Advertisement

That was a steal. Even with the current terrible exchange rate you could bring it in and have a good value car (that is worth several thousand more in a private sale over here). Very strange it came up on a Monday morning (our time), it is usually on a very late weekday evening (California working hours time)

No free supercharging, but who cares. It does have dual chargers, air suspension and ultra high fidelity sound. These are very good options to have. Obviously not AP1, otherwise the car would have been at least GBP5000 more. And by fitting an Open Pilot system, you can get close to an AP1 system for not much more than EUR500 in second hand parts (better self steering but not as good ACC) and a better than AP1 system for around the EUR1500 mark, including the Tesla radar.

Advertisement