Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

unkel wrote: »
    That was a steal. Even with the current terrible exchange rate you could bring it in and have a good value car (that is worth several thousand more in a private sale over here). Very strange it came up on a Monday morning (our time), it is usually on a very late weekday evening (California working hours time)

No free supercharging, but who cares. It does have dual chargers, air suspension and ultra high fidelity sound. These are very good options to have. Obviously not AP1, otherwise the car would have been at least GBP5000 more. And by fitting an Open Pilot system, you can get close to an AP1 system for not much more than EUR500 in second hand parts (better self steering but not as good ACC) and a better than AP1 system for around the EUR1500 mark, including the Tesla radar.

Dual charger is a nice one here in Ireland, considering the lack of super chargers, and the alternative €500 CCS conversion from Tesla. Yours was a steal Unkel, this was a very good deal.

FTI, the VIN was/is 5YJSB3H11EFP37184

• Registered Users Posts: 65,316 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You can see the VIN in the link from Tesla that was posted. So easy for anyone to look up all the options :-)

I agree this was a very good deal. Any CPO Tesla for under GBP30k is snapped up in minutes and this one was thousands cheaper again. And silver is really nice on the Model S, imho!

And the fact that my car has the dual AC charger meant for me that I don't need to convert to CCS or buy a CHAdeMO cable. Handy enough in Ireland, I went to a local very big Tesco a few weeks ago for a big shop. With the queuing it took nearly 2 hours. Had the car hooked up on the free AC charging and it took in over 40kWh

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

CPO pricing is weird, I've been tracking some Model S prices these past few weeks, they pop up first at X price then drop £100 after a few days and every day thereafter until they are gone, but after a week or so of £100 price drops they price goes back to the X price and then the cycle of £100 drops continues again, strange

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    CPO pricing is weird

Weird and sometimes wonderful :pac:

Tell me about it, I checked the UK CPO site when I woke up and no bargain, came back here an hour later to steam over that £26k one:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

If you are serious about buying one, check the site every day on auto refresh between 00:00 and 02:00 on weekdays. No guarantee a silly bargain will come up, but any sub GPB30k CPO Model S seems to be gone within minutes, so you have to be quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

You could build a simple script to "auto buy" any that met your parameters

Naa, I'll wait, pretty patient, have my eye on two S's private sales and in contact with sellers but nothing budging in the UK at the minute and I'm doing nothing until restriction lifted, private are better spec but CPO has the warranty comfort

ELM327 wrote: »

Whoops, I auto-bought 3 Model Ss.

Could accidentally be quite profitable if you were to bring em home and resell here.

Whoops, I auto-bought 3 Model Ss.

Could accidentally be quite profitable if you were to bring em home and resell here.
    Says something about your scripting so :p:p
    It could be, but its in the fine print that they wont let you do that.

• Advertisement

Simple? How would one go about that? Give us a few hints :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Best value S85 in the last few weeks.

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/used/5YJSB7H18FF089352

£33,700

AP1 , Subzero & Dual chargers.

Warranty : 2 years / 47,048 miles

unkel wrote: »
    Simple? How would one go about that? Give us a few hints :p

Visual basic with javascript injection :D

jhegarty wrote: »

£33,700

Pretty good deal there. The subzero package (I have it) is a must!

But it does not have the upgraded audio, I don't know the difference but as this would be a car for a number of years I'd like to get some opinions on quality difference, the basic audio is without a sub which is not good

£33,700

Gone?

Nevermind. Phone just redirects to IE

I don't have base audio and it's immensely good, much better than prior cars with bose/h&k premium systems
    I can only imagine how good immersive sound with premium sound package must be!

Gone?
    No
    On uk site

Visual basic with javascript injection :D

VB. Showing your age there. Selenium and... Whatever language you fancy really. Could probably just hit their API, extrapolate the data and alert you when one of the right price pops up.

VB. Showing your age there. Selenium and... Whatever language you fancy really. Could probably just hit their API, extrapolate the data and alert you when one of the right price pops up.
    OT but I never really have to use APIs, so I wouldnt know how to do that!.
    Haven't been automating stuff for a number of years now, day job evolved into more analyst stuff and I predominantly use SQL and R these days and some visualization.

Saw it last night. Lovely car, but GBP33.7k = EUR38.6k and then the cost of getting it here and at least a grand in VRT. So a EUR40k car. Wouldn't call that a bargain anymore, that's why I didn't post it up here.

@slave1 - I have the Ultra High Fidelity Sound and it is rather good. Particularly if you like your bass. You need to have Dolby switched off and play FLAC files through a USB stick to get the most out of the system. I'd describe myself as a semi-audiophile so I really appreciate the quality of this. That said, I would have the car if it didn't have any stereo in it at all :p My point is that you run the risk of being too picky and if you want a good value second hand Model S, waiting for all the options you would like might not be your best strategy...

• Advertisement

Yeah but have until the end of the year really, like my music too, 5.2.4 cinema and floorstanders for music from the ole turntable so want the treat of proper music in the car and bass a prerequisite given my electronic tastes

If I could only keep one option out of these four options: dual chargers, free for life supercharging, air suspension and Ultra High Fidelity Sound, I would probably keep the sound...

Not big into electronic music myself, but I'd say the system is good for that. You probably need to try a car with and without it, although that would probably be a tall order at the best of times in Ireland, never mind during the lock down.

#1 for me is the dual chargers given the amount of 22 chargers in Ireland to fall back on, opens up the country
    #2 AP
    #3 Sound
    #4 Air suspension
    #5 Parking sensors
    #6 Free Supercharging
    #7 Cold Pack

Don't care about P model or spoiler but lifetime premium connectivity a bonus but you can only get that from a non CPO source now which is a damn shame.
    Perfect car would be a P85D 2015 production year on 19's and 1-5 above and long warranty, not much to ask for :pac:

I'd keep dual charging first pref and free SuC second.

#1 for me is the dual chargers given the amount of 22 chargers in Ireland to fall back on, opens up the country
    #2 Sound
    #3 Air suspension
    #4 Parking sensors
    #5 Free Supercharging
    #6 Cold Pack

Don't care about P model or spoiler but lifetime premium connectivity a bonus but you can only get that from a non CPO source now which is a damn shame.
    Perfect car would be a P85D 2015 production year on 19's and 1-5 above and long warranty, not much to ask for :pac:
    2016 P90DL with all the above

True but at what cost, performance and lud?, I also don't like the way they advertised the models with misleading descriptions versus battery size, fek all difference between 85 and 90

Don't care about P model

Performance is the one thing I would not give up. If I had to buy a Tesla again, it will have to be a performance model.
    but lifetime premium connectivity a bonus but you can only get that from a non CPO source now

Again as with the free supercharging, this seems to be a myth. My car still has it over 7 weeks later and I'm told I will have this forever (for free)

I'd keep dual charging first pref and free SuC second.

Neither make any sense in your case. You have supercharging, CHAdeMO charging and CCS charging. And also 11kW slow charging. 22kW slow charging adds very little value to the above

Also, I know you do a very high mileage. And even if there were superchargers everywhere and you could get say 30k km per year out of free supercharging, that would only be worth 30000 * 25kWh/100km * €0.08 = €600 per year. A tiny fraction of your cost of depreciation and finance costs...

supercharging, CHAdeMO charging and CCS are no good in the plenty of blackspots around the country, especially if the charger is down, the 22's are a great fallback, 50kms range in 30minutes

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Gone?

Nevermind. Phone just redirects to IE

It’s still there.
    I find my phone always directs to the IRL site but my laptop or iPad will go to the UK site with the UK link.

Advertisement