Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

ELM327 wrote: »
    2016 P90DL with all the above

When you selling :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

slave1 wrote: »
    ...but lifetime premium connectivity a bonus but you can only get that from a non CPO source now which is a damn shame.
    Perfect car would be a P85D 2015 production year on 19's and 1-5 above and long warranty, not much to ask for :pac:
    unkel wrote: »

Again as with the free supercharging, this seems to be a myth. My car still has it over 7 weeks later and I'm told I will have this forever (for free)

Is that listed on CPO Hunter like your free supercharging is?
    Or actually, where can you see that on CPO Hunter??

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

In BAU my charging is predominantly done at a 22kW post for free at work where I have to queue and I can only take 11kW currently.

Free SuC is a novelty really.

Gumbo wrote: »
    When you selling :)
    Mine's a standard S90D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,316 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

supercharging, CHAdeMO charging and CCS are no good in the plenty of blackspots around the country, especially if the charger is down, the 22's are a great fallback, 50kms range in 30minutes

You don't need any fallback in a small country like Ireland when your range is a good 300-400km and you can fast charge at every single fast charger in the country...

• Advertisement

In BAU my charging is predominantly done at a 22kW post for free at work where I have to queue and I can only take 11kW currently.

Even if you got 60k km with 100% free work charging, that is only worth a bit over a grand per year. Your finance cost alone is probably more than that and your depreciation dwarfs it...

Shush you with your logic

I can't help it my bad :D

I do acknowledge charging up for free gives you a nice warm feeling inside, I plugged in myself at the big Tesco for my weekly shop yesterday, which now seems to take at least 90 minutes with the queues and 5 max people per isle etc. That's €3 of free electricity. Better than a kick in the teeth.

TBH I prefer it for the free parking, and the warm fuzzy feeling of getting free stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Smck1983

#1 for me is the dual chargers given the amount of 22 chargers in Ireland to fall back on, opens up the country
    #2 AP
    #3 Sound
    #4 Air suspension
    #5 Parking sensors
    #6 Free Supercharging
    #7 Cold Pack

Don't care about P model or spoiler but lifetime premium connectivity a bonus but you can only get that from a non CPO source now which is a damn shame.
    Perfect car would be a P85D 2015 production year on 19's and 1-5 above and long warranty, not much to ask for :pac:

I may be selling the above car if ever interested. Doesn’t have cold pack. Other than that all option there with 2+ year CPO and ludicrous just to make things interesting.

• Advertisement

Tell us more, Smck1983! What sort of money are you looking for? Why are you selling?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Smck1983 wrote: »
    I may be selling the above car if ever interested. Doesn’t have cold pack. Other than that all option there with 2+ year CPO and ludicrous just to make things interesting.

Please post spec or link to ad.

Gumbo wrote: »
    Please post spec or link to ad.

Haven’t advertised yet as not in an urgent rush to sell. Reason for selling is someone else will be able to use and enjoy the car a lot more than me.

Looking for €57.5K

Spec below:

152 Model S P85DL (ludicrous upgrade) (0-60 in 2.8 secs).
    Full Tesla warranty (CPO) until 08/2022 or 67k additional kms.
    Currently 60K Klms on the clock
    Free lifetime supercharging.
    21” rims with set of 19” rims and winter tyres.
    Twin chargers (22kW AC), panoramic sunroof, premium sound, air suspension, autopilot CCS upgrade.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Nice spec for sure but way too pricey, I assume that’s due to the L which would mean nothing to me. Much cheaper for UK CPO or UK private sale.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Nice spec for sure but way too pricey, I assume that’s due to the L which would mean nothing to me. Much cheaper for UK CPO or UK private sale.

Agree with you U.K. private sale would be cheaper but then you face potential out of warranty repairs. U.K. equivalent CPO would be more. Ludicrous gives about 0.4 of a sec which isn’t much. Very few P85DL even guys at Sandyford we’re surprised to see it.

Good luck with the hunt I remember how much fun it was hunting for the perfect car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭sk8board

191 e-tron 55 for €65k seems like great value. Clearly there’s massive depreciation on all €100k ev’s - Audi, Tesla, merc etc

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/audi/e-tron/used-2019-191-audi-e-tron-55-fully-el-wexford-fpa-201911184481627

There's massive depreciation in the first year on any €100k car. Period. And most €100k EVs are overpriced for what they are and far more expensive than the equivalent petrol / diesel car from the same make, in this case from Mercedes or Audi.

But yeah, that looks like decent value if you're in the market for an e-tron

sk8board wrote: »
    191 e-tron 55 for €65k seems like great value. Clearly there’s massive depreciation on all €100k ev’s - Audi, Tesla, merc etc

Great value. At first I thought it was a 50 but see it’s not. Audi have been known recently to make typos though?!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/audi/e-tron/used-2019-191-audi-e-tron-55-fully-el-wexford-fpa-201911184481627

Links broken

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭sk8board

listermint wrote: »
    Links broken

https://m.carzone.ie/used-cars/audi/e-tron/
    the white one for €65k

• Advertisement

Smck1983 wrote: »
    Haven’t advertised yet as not in an urgent rush to sell. Reason for selling is someone else will be able to use and enjoy the car a lot more than me.

Looking for €57.5K

Spec below:

152 Model S P85DL (ludicrous upgrade) (0-60 in 2.8 secs).
    Full Tesla warranty (CPO) until 08/2022 or 67k additional kms.
    Currently 60K Klms on the clock
    Free lifetime supercharging.
    21” rims with set of 19” rims and winter tyres.
    Twin chargers (22kW AC), panoramic sunroof, premium sound, air suspension, autopilot CCS upgrade.

Nice spec. I assume it's a prefacelift (ie nosecone) model?
    Bit pricey but tbh if I were ever looking to trade my S ('16 S90D facelift) for another S yours sounds ideal.

That is a bargain.

I'll be honest. I'm tempted.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-e-tron-55-fully-electric-quattro-new-price/23526591

Wonder how much it would cost for them to deliver it to me and take my S!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,470 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Lovely looking.

Surely an advert for a pure ev should be mentioning how far the thing will take you?

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

NIMAN wrote: »
    Lovely looking.

Surely an advert for a pure ev should be mentioning how far the thing will take you?

They rarely do. Customer can Google it and get an unrealistic wlpt range. Dealers never want to tell you anything

That is a bargain.

I'll be honest. I'm tempted.
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/audi-e-tron-55-fully-electric-quattro-new-price/23526591

Wonder how much it would cost for them to deliver it to me and take my S!

Give them a ring in the morning, see how much they allow for your car. You got a bargain, so the figures might work for you. Keep us updated!

NIMAN wrote: »
    Lovely looking.

If you're relying on the ad or salesman to tell you the range you've already lost :pac:

If you're relying on the ad or salesman to tell you the range you've already lost :pac:

True. This is sadly a reflection of what stage we are at in the penetration of EVs though. Still early days.

unkel wrote: »
    Give them a ring in the morning, see how much they allow for your car. You got a bargain, so the figures might work for you. Keep us updated!
    Nah, did some googling and extensive youtubing after that comment and came to my senses. You only get the ionity discount MSP rate after paying nearly 20 quid a month. And after that, its still more expensive than Tesla. (28c vs 31c).

I think I'll stick to my nerfed chargegate/batterygate S until next year as planned. Hopefully there'll be some concrete word on Cybertruck then!!

Well it really depends on what deal you could get on the Audi, doesn't it? On a good deal it could mean the depreciation over the next year or two on the Audi could be lower than on your Tesla, or not much more. And anyway, a few hundred in charging sub or extra charging cost is immaterial compared to the 5-10k yearly depreciation. And you would have a car under warranty again, that could very well save a lot more than a few hundred a year. A Tesla out of warranty in a country where there is no indy Tesla workshop and an owner reluctant to do work themselves can be expensive!

I would not dismiss the idea if I were you, until you at least rang that seller. What harm would that do, worst case scenario it will waste 5 minutes of your time :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Nah, did some googling and extensive youtubing after that comment and came to my senses. You only get the ionity discount MSP rate after paying nearly 20 quid a month. And after that, its still more expensive than Tesla. (28c vs 31c).

I think I'll stick to my nerfed chargegate/batterygate S until next year as planned. Hopefully there'll be some concrete word on Cybertruck then!!

If the cost to charge it at Ionity is your concern the eTron is not for you! ;)

Advertisement