Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I thought sellers must declare Cat S ?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

unkel wrote: »
    No chance it has AP (cue ELM327 coming on saying it does have the hardware :p) or Tesla warranty and a UK second hand car dealer "warranty" is not much good here. But bejaysus is it cheap!
    You can see the radar in photo 2, and the AP menu in photo 42.
    It has AP

But if it's a repaired car, steer well clear!!!!!!!

Nice advert to clip when appealing your VRT though

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

slave1 wrote: »
    Nice advert to clip when appealing your VRT though

Haha, you are already organising yourself :D

Absolutely, I've already had to pass on two Model S purchased due to this lockdown, time to bank the VRT appeal letter for sure

• Advertisement

wanna buy mine instead , save the trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

You selling already ELM? I thought you were waiting until next year.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

He's probably upgrading to whatever car unkel want's next!

ELM327 wrote: »
    wanna buy mine instead , save the trip!

Too rich for me I'd say

@ Garo I'd always sell if the money was right.I'd need to hit high 40's to sell now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Bit rich for me right now but maybe in a few months.... I'm sure you will post here before putting up any ads or going to the dealer.

Aye I'm sure I will.
    I'd be selling for cheaper than the Irish dreamers on DD that's for sure. So it will be a "this week's EV bargain that I'm not buying"

Is this one strangely low asking price ?

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/tesla/model-s/fpa/202003098211443?journey=Search

2016 (161) Tesla Model S
    85D All Wheel Drive High Spec €53,950
    61,000 km

from Karl Goodwin Motors

Low? I think that is expensive. AP not mentioned, so probably doesn't have it. Bit short on the details though. Ask for the VIN and we will know.

Augeo wrote: »
    Is this one strangely low asking price ?

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/tesla/model-s/fpa/202003098211443?journey=Search

2016 (161) Tesla Model S
    85D All Wheel Drive High Spec €53,950
    61,000 km

from Karl Goodwin Motors
    Too expensive.
    Especially for a "classic" nosecone model. You'd want a facelift or a performance spec for above 50k.
    You could get that car for low €40's landed from Tesla UK

Mercedes B-class electric

d92bcc2e54914ebb90cb61151a81c443.jpg

Linky

Asking GBP11,450. Get a few quid off and you can have it on Irish plates for EUR13k. No fast charging though, will do 16A 3-phase AC, so 11kW max. But a lot easier on the eye than a Leaf!

Bargain Ioniq Electric. Far cheaper than any Ioniq has ever been priced in the UK that I have seen. Asking GBP16k. I don't think you'll get much off, but even if you don't, you'd have it on Irish plates for well under EUR19k

b4a71df0268a41baa80b396b5215d99f.jpg

Linky

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Mercedes B-class electric

d92bcc2e54914ebb90cb61151a81c443.jpg

Linky

Asking GBP11,450. Get a few quid off and you can have it on Irish plates for EUR13k. No fast charging though, will do 16A 3-phase AC, so 11kW max. But a lot easier on the eye than a Leaf!

One of them in my job every now and again nice little car in fairness. A lot better looking than a leaf and as you say, if it’s used within tour commute fast charging is irrelevant.

I went 2 years without need to fast charge my leaf in Dublin and am over a year without fast charging my i3.

And for anyone wondering how the hell to bring it home, that's pretty doable too. 400km from Bristol to Holyhead. Need to stop twice for about 90 minutes. Presuming the end of lock down and travel restrictions of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Bargain Ioniq Electric. Far cheaper than any Ioniq has ever been priced in the UK that I have seen. Asking GBP16k. I don't think you'll get much off, but even if you don't, you'd have it on Irish plates for well under EUR19k

b4a71df0268a41baa80b396b5215d99f.jpg

Linky

Looks a great price,

• Advertisement

It's a fantastic price. Pity though that sterling is relatively strong. You can get a decent Ioniq in Ireland for only hundreds more. Not thousands.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

And for anyone wondering how the hell to bring it home, that's pretty doable too. 400km from Bristol to Holyhead. Need to stop twice for about 90 minutes. Presuming the end of lock down and travel restrictions of course :)

Logistics question on this, from someone who knows sweet FA about EVs.
    Presumably you need some sort of Card to operate on street chargers or do they take standard credit/debit cards?
    I think you need some sort of ESB card here so I'm assuming the Brits have something similar.
    So, if you have to stop and charge on the way to the ferry, how do you do it?
    Likewise, when you get back home and you don't have a charger installed, how do you charge overnight? I know you can plug into your three pin but I couldn't do that without leaving a window open and then the house alarm wouldn't be operational.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

When I've driven through the UK I use the contact less payment filter on Zapmap, it may cost a little more than the memberships but it saves faffing about with accounts.

Likewise, when you get back home and you don't have a charger installed, how do you charge overnight? I know you can plug into your three pin but I couldn't do that without leaving a window open and then the house alarm wouldn't be operational.

Anyone with an EV should get a dedicated car charger installed. It is (almost) free too as you get a €600 subsidy for it

While you're waiting for the install, yeah you will have to either find a way to charge the car with a granny cable (maybe during the day, or maybe not turn the alarm on at night?) or charge it at a public charger

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Anyone with an EV should get a dedicated car charger installed. It is (almost) free too as you get a €600 subsidy for it

I get that but I was really referring to the logistics of bringing a car from UK and then going through the process of applying for the charger grant.
    The time span between getting off the ferry and actually getting the charger installed is presumably a few weeks?

Some nice UK cars popping up but what is the story with the logistical side of things.
    I can see flights and ferry so in theory can book then fly over and ferry back but would you be stopped before getting to the airport?
    Gov website says avoid non-essential travel to UK but does not explicitly say do not travel over, but here we have our kms limit from the house and Dublin airport is way past the limit for me anyhow.
    Is travel within the UK restricted much?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Some nice UK cars popping up but what is the story with the logistical side of things.
    I can see flights and ferry so in theory can book then fly over and ferry back but would you be stopped before getting to the airport?
    Gov website says avoid non-essential travel to UK but does not explicitly say do not travel over, but here we have our kms limit from the house and Dublin airport is way past the limit for me anyhow.

I can't even get to the second nearest Supervalu, I don't see getting past a checkpoint to go buy a car.

Looks like it's not restricted at all. This was taken from an Aer Lingus Belfast to London flight yesterday. Plane nearly fully packed, no personal protection, no social distancing at all. And then some people are surprised the UK is getting the highest per capita COVID-19 death rate in Europe, possibly in the world?

2_Aer-Lingus-blasted-after-photos-show-no-social-distancing-on-packed-flight.jpg

But that was NI Unkel, not the same restrictions at all at all.
    I've a car lined up, can book flight and ferry no bother but all in vain if someone will stop me en route and tell me to turn around.
    Fukk1n lockdown

• Advertisement

But that was NI Unkel, not the same restrictions at all at all.

You asked about travel restrictions within the UK. Both Belfast and London are within the UK. There doesn't seem to be much in the way of any serious lockdown over there if you look at the above picture.

Not so sure about flights from here to the UK. Or even travel to the airport over here. I guess picking up a car is unlikely to be viewed as essential travel.

What's the car? If buying from Tesla, I found them easy enough to schedule / re-schedule delivery appointments.

Advertisement