Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,316 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Cheap Leaf, 2 months NCT left, severe battery degradation, filthy dirty, a right banger. Should be yours for no more than about €3.3k though and that is cheap.

Linky

YTQ4NjQ1YjExMTEwNGI2NTM4ZDFiNjBiYzM1YWMyNDZ0bbzgGwEfQx1EW5ef-eM4aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDc1MDU1Mzd8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

unkel wrote: »
    Cheap Leaf, 2 months NCT left, severe battery degradation, filthy dirty, a right banger. Should be yours for no more than about €3.3k though and that is cheap.

Linky

YTQ4NjQ1YjExMTEwNGI2NTM4ZDFiNjBiYzM1YWMyNDZ0bbzgGwEfQx1EW5ef-eM4aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNDc1MDU1Mzd8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

How bad would the degradation be on that...as a run around?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Linky

How much would a comparable ice car be worth, 100k miles, 8 yrs old, in a pretty rough shape, 1-2k?

Just trying to gauge the residual value of the battery

• Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

graememk wrote: »
    How much would a comparable ice car be worth, 100k miles, 8 yrs old, in a pretty rough shape, 1-2k?

Just trying to gauge the residual value of the battery

Look yourself... Pick any small Nissan or Toyota.

How bad would the degradation be on that...as a run around?

I'm no expert but I'd say in winter you mightn't much more than 50km from it. And that would be just local driving. Still far more than most second family cars do a day.

We only have one family car (and a 2 seater sports car), but I'll quite likely pick up a cheap EV, probably something similar to that, for when my eldest will start learning to drive in about a years time. Ultra reliable and costs nothing to own, apart from insurance for a teenager as a named driver :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Looks like it's been parked up for a (long) while... algae, mouldy steering wheel, and what's going on with the driver side front wheel?

EDIT: Rich Restores' Spark EV was a much better deal. Though that pizza oven really didn't add any value or utility.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,892 ✭✭✭✭listermint

n97 mini wrote: »
    Looks like it's been parked up for a (long) while... algae, mouldy steering wheel, and what's going on with the driver side front wheel?

EDIT: Rich Restores' Spark EV was a much better deal. Though that pizza oven really didn't add any value or utility.

Ehhh extra dough delivering :)

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

With that kind range it could take a while to sell. Local buyer's only, unless you have a big trailer.

With that kind range it could take a while to sell. Local buyer's only, unless you have a big trailer.

That's a bit over dramatic. The car is in Carlow. And these days with the 20C weather it should easily do 60km at LeafSpeed (88km/h on motorway). With CHAdeMO fast charging you should be able to get it to pretty much anywhere in the country.

I.e. to get it to Lucan, I would just have to charge it for half an hour at Kilcullen, that's all, the whole trip would take under 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,642 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Cork plate knocks a few hundred off the value :pac:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,475 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You'd think they would have cleaned the bird sh1t off it before taking the photos.

That's a bit over dramatic. The car is in Carlow. And these days with the 20C weather it should easily do 60km at LeafSpeed (88km/h on motorway). With CHAdeMO fast charging you should be able to get it to pretty much anywhere in the country.

I.e. to get it to Lucan, I would just have to charge it for half an hour at Kilcullen, that's all, the whole trip would take under 2 hours.

Maybe for a seasoned EV driver, but not for a newbie.
    60 km isn't a whole lot to play with assuming that's the available range.

Cork plate knocks a few hundred off the value :pac:

I never really got this? Is it smugness or are we just driving on cobbles and potholes outside of Dublin?

I've a Clare reg'd car, bought in Waterford and it's living in Cork now. Judging by the service book, it was owned in Kilkenny.

Maybe for a seasoned EV driver, but not for a newbie.
    60 km isn't a whole lot to play with assuming that's the available range.

Not disagreeing with you there, but I'd say whoever buys it knows what they are getting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

This must be a scam, tesla p85d 2015 spears or repairs . not salvage .not on register hpi clear
    £15,900.00 8 bids

tesla p85d 2015 spears or repairs . not salvage .not on register hpi clear

This car has parts missing du to project car .no damage or right off clear on hpi check

parts missing are

all electrics wiring and part taken out
    no battery's
    NO MOTORS, FRONT AND REAR
    NO SUSPENSION
    NO SUB-FRAMES

WHAT WILL YOU GET IS

V5 BILL OF SALE . NO DAMAGED CAR OR PARTS LISTED .

SHELL WITH ALL DOORS ALL PANELS AND BOOT .BONNET BUMPERS .

FULL INTER-EA .( ONLY LOOM AND ELECTRIC PARTS TAKEN OUT SCREENS )

FULL GLASS LIGHTS

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/tesla-p85d-2015-spears-or-repairs-not-salvage-not-on-register-hpi-clear/184302629978?hash=item2ae94af45a:g:WZAAAOSw0sVeyPeJ

Unkel could double his money if this is any thing to go by.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Are you basically Buying a log book here....

Gumbo wrote: »
    Are you basically Buying a log book here....

You're buying your neighbours envy is all. Reminds me of Joey in friends with the Porsche shaped boxes under a tarp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

kanuseeme wrote: »

Nah. I wouldn't pay fifteen hundred for it, never mind fifteen thousand. Just a bunch of parts really. And none of the interesting or valuable ones.

Or test it, see if it fits in your driveway

SOLD! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

With no motors and battery is really still a P85D ?

They have taken away the P , 85 and D.

This must be a scam, tesla p85d 2015 spears or repairs . not salvage .not on register hpi clear
    £15,900.00 8 bids

tesla p85d 2015 spears or repairs . not salvage .not on register hpi clear

This car has parts missing du to project car .no damage or right off clear on hpi check

parts missing are

all electrics wiring and part taken out
    no battery's
    NO MOTORS, FRONT AND REAR
    NO SUSPENSION
    NO SUB-FRAMES

WHAT WILL YOU GET IS

V5 BILL OF SALE . NO DAMAGED CAR OR PARTS LISTED .

SHELL WITH ALL DOORS ALL PANELS AND BOOT .BONNET BUMPERS .

FULL INTER-EA .( ONLY LOOM AND ELECTRIC PARTS TAKEN OUT SCREENS )

FULL GLASS LIGHTS

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/tesla-p85d-2015-spears-or-repairs-not-salvage-not-on-register-hpi-clear/184302629978?hash=item2ae94af45a:g:WZAAAOSw0sVeyPeJ

£15k is a bargain if you can nick and ring a similar car, or is that "spear" another car!

Took a while to figure out what "full inter-ea" was :rolleyes:

I never really got this? Is it smugness or are we just driving on cobbles and potholes outside of Dublin?

Cool your jets maaan, just a joke about Cork-Dublin rivalry, hard to imagine a proud Corkman driving along Pana in his newly acquired D reg isn't it? :p
    I've a Clare reg'd car, bought in Waterford and it's living in Cork now. Judging by the service book, it was owned in Kilkenny.

If a vehicle has reasonable mileage and has clearly been looked after then not an issue.

Btw last time I bought a D reg vehicle was in 2007! I've had a KE and now an MH. The previous owner of the KE had moved all the way from Lucan to the wilds of Lexlip before he bought it, his bike insurance halved due to the county change going a few km up the road :rolleyes:

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Cool your jets maaan, just a joke about Cork-Dublin rivalry, hard to imagine a proud Corkman driving along Pana in his newly acquired D reg isn't it? :p

Cork was never mentioned if I remember correctly, just that a D reg was superior/more appealing. Jets aren't hot either, I genuinely don't get the "D reg" stuff. Like you said, a well kept car is a well kept car.

And i'm as much of a Cork man as my car is.

Cork was never mentioned if I remember correctly

The post you quoted was, in full, "Cork plate knocks a few hundred off the value :pac:"
    just that a D reg was superior/more appealing.

Nope you're imagining that part.
    And i'm as much of a Cork man as my car is.

Never said that either.

The post you quoted was, in full, "Cork plate knocks a few hundred off the value :pac:"

Nope you're imagining that part.
    I'll admit, I didn't bother going back to read what was said. I'm mixing up this thread with another I think, mea cupla.
    Never said that either.

I inferred it so.

2014 s 85

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202005299626710

Decent mileage on it, but battery replaced 20k ago. Dual chargers, free super charging, and chademo adapter.

£26k, though it's a private sale so no warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

2014 s 85

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202005299626710

Decent mileage on it, but battery replaced 20k ago. Dual chargers, free super charging, and chademo adapter.

£26k, though it's a private sale so no warranty.

Why would it need a new battery? Is that common?

Casati wrote: »
    Why would it need a new battery? Is that common?

Didn't matter... It's gone now. Ha!

In all seriousness, early versions of the S probably didn't have the best of the best battery tech. High mileage, free super charging.. both of those probably degrade the battery quicker, so Tesla stepped up and replaced the battery under warranty.

• Advertisement

Wow, gone already!

Advertisement