Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

CPOs drop a hundred or so every day or so until sold or taken off the site, I’ll pop up a link on some price histories when I have the PC on

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Tesla doing price drops? Didn't think that was a thing

Yes they do it in a routine kind of way. That car could drop 100 again tonight and go back up to 30,100 tomorrow.

Nice car for the money now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

Slaanesh wrote: »

Aero wheels on a performance?

Dont think so

• Registered Users Posts: 65,316 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Maybe the wrong pictures. Poor value anyway as it's a 2019 car. Better off buying a new one over here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,262 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Mike3287 wrote: »
    Aero wheels on a performance?

Dont think so

For a time, the Model 3 Performance was available in the basic spec (wheels/brakes), it was a sleeper version, and not many were produced/sold.

Didn't know that, every day is a school day, even when they're closed :D

I like the idea of a sleeper performance Tesla. And maybe I'm the only one, but I don't mind the aero wheels. But with the weight of these cars and the unreal acceleration, you do need the performance brakes imho. Maybe not have them in screaming loud red though :D

The original M3P was a base Long Range model with the additional performance via software.

If you wanted the wheels, brakes, spoiler etc, you had to pay extra for them. Now its all just standard at the higher price.

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/10/13/what-is-a-sleeper-or-stealth-tesla-model-3-performance/

When Tesla first started offering the Model 3 Performance, the base Performance version had the standard 18-inch Aero wheels that we see on the other versions of the Model 3. Tesla offered a “Performance Upgrade Package” (PUP) for $5,000, which included larger 20-inch wheels, upgraded brakes with larger red calipers, a rear spoiler, and aluminum pedals. These versions became known as the P3D- (base Performance with 18-inch wheels) and P3D+ (upgraded Performance with 20-inch wheels/larger brakes). The base Performance model also became known as the “stealth” or “sleeper” performance model, because it looked identical to a base Model 3

Ah I do vaguely remember now. I've a strong liking for sleepers of any kind. Could have been the one I would have picked alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

unkel wrote: »
    Ah I do vaguely remember now. I've a strong liking for sleepers of any kind. Could have been the one I would have picked alright.

Always loved a sleeper myself. Most EVs are actually sleepers. :D

I had the best fun in a Triumph Vitesse back in the olden days of steam TV. It looked like a 1200cc Herald, but had the straight six 2L engine. :pac:

• Advertisement

Most EVs are actually sleepers. :D

I have seen thousands of Audi and BMW diesel drivers grudgingly agree with you through the rear view mirror of my humble Ioniq :p

slave1 wrote: »
    CPOs drop a hundred or so every day or so until sold or taken off the site, I’ll pop up a link on some price histories when I have the PC on

Here's a real good example of a car I was tracking but it did not hit my price point, as well as all the car features at the bottom of the screen you get the historical Tesla CPO price history.
    This also proved invaluable to me as the MS I bought recently was CPO previously so I was able to verify pricing/period of ownership etc when chatting with the seller (who was actually unaware of some of the features he bought).

If you want to look up another car, just cut out the VIN number from the URL and replace then hit enter, boom!

https://teslascout.com/view.php?vin=5YJSB7H23FF087713&lang=en&measuring=km

slave1 wrote: »
    If you want to look up another car, just cut out the VIN number from the URL and replace then hit enter, boom!

I checked mine before. Only two entries. When I bought it and when the previous owner bought it just under 3 years before me, for GBP53,300 :)

All UK CPOs cars have only one previous owner as Tesla will not accept multiple owner cars back into their CPO program.
    I'm same as you, the original owner and then the guy who I bought it off who paid £48,600 for it, he took severe depreciation hit in the ~17months of ownership...

Form the sublime to the ridiculous - costs more to get delivered.
    Not street legal though by the look of it.

I watched that this afternoon :D

Incredible though that they can sell that to you for about €1k (plus taxes and shipping)

Seen a few on YT of guys ordering EV bikes from China!

I watched that this afternoon :D

Incredible though that they can sell that to you for about €1k (plus taxes and shipping)
    There are a couple of other videos from the same poster where he reviews the car a bit deeper, comparing to a golf cart, which is really the type of vehicle it is.
    A could see a few of these being bought by holiday resorts for on site transportation.

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Gumbo wrote: »
    Dropped to 29,900 now!

29,600 now.

29,600 now.

See that. 11pm last night it dropped.

Anyone tempted?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

I am. Don't care much about AP1 but the logistics of pickup/delivery has me hesitant.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I hated the pickup/delivery from tesla UK, before covid.
    I vowed never again.

I found the ordering process slow and stressful, but I loved picking up the car in the UK and bringing it home :D

@garo - if you bought it today, it will most likely take at least 3-4 weeks before you can pick it up. And if you don't want to do it yourself, there are companies out there that can pick up a car anywhere in the UK and deliver anywhere in Ireland for about EUR400 incl. VAT. These companies have been active throughout this pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

I can't speak of the actual Tesla pickup process - but I thoroughly enjoyed picking up my Leaf from near Manchester.

OK - Things are a little different now with covid.

If you have the time and know how to go over an do it - go for it.

The lads can advise on the gotchas/pit falls with respect to picking up from Tesla.

garo wrote: »
    I am. Don't care much about AP1 but the logistics of pickup/delivery has me hesitant.

I’m the same, AP doesn’t appeal to me personally but I understand it does to others.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

garo wrote: »

I would be worried about what it will do to the resale value.

there are companies out there that can pick up a car anywhere in the UK and deliver anywhere in Ireland for about EUR400 incl. VAT. These companies have been active throughout this pandemic.

my neighbour had an E Class delivered to his door back in March, just before lockdown (he's had his last 3 cars delivered this way and says he'll never travel to collect again).

jhegarty wrote: »
    I would be worried about what it will do to the resale value.

The car is about GBP4-5k cheaper without AP1

Keep it 5 years and it will be worth maybe GP13k and the same car with AP1 maybe GBP15-16k

So the depreciation will be higher on an a Model S with AP1 (in absolute terms). Which should be no surprise as every single optional extra ever offered does depreciate, no matter how desirable it is.

A few bargains on the Tesla UK website:

2016 facelift 75 with AP1 for GBP35.6k

and my favourite:

2016 pre-facelift P90D with AP1 for just GBP38.5k! That car is seriously fast :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

A few bargains on the Tesla UK website:

2016 facelift 75 with AP1 for GBP35.6k

£2k more gets you AP2 and 4 year warranty.

Advertisement