Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

jhegarty wrote: »
    £2k more gets you AP2 and 4 year warranty.

Yup. No suroof unfortunately :/

Looks great!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,007 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

slave1 wrote: »
    2014 Model S85 Tesla CPO for two years/44,558miles
    £30,100
    Dual Chargers
    Parking Sensors
    Smart Air Suspension
    19" wheels

This won't last long...
    https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/used/5YJSB3H17EFP42860?token=$2y$10$VG0gYIL/0m6qiw8ajClDDu2Xk15mYbMBuHbRdYF/jT5/xCQrqeRc6&redirect=no

Just sold.
    It was there at 11.01 for 29,600 so not sure if it dropped anything just before selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

jhegarty wrote: »
    £2k more gets you AP2 and 4 year warranty.

APFB Full Self-Driving Capability (addtl cost)

That's the AP2 alright. Well spotted!

unkel wrote: »
    APFB Full Self-Driving Capability (addtl cost)

Can you break down what that means?

Autopilot 2 capable, just not enabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Nedved85 wrote: »
    Can you break down what that means?

Autopilot 2 capable, just not enabled?

Has AP2 hardware and software. Can be upgraded to full self driving hardware/software at extra cost.

• Advertisement

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

I found the ordering process slow and stressful, but I loved picking up the car in the UK and bringing it home :D

@garo - if you bought it today, it will most likely take at least 3-4 weeks before you can pick it up. And if you don't want to do it yourself, there are companies out there that can pick up a car anywhere in the UK and deliver anywhere in Ireland for about EUR400 incl. VAT. These companies have been active throughout this pandemic.

Thanks. It's the whole Covid thing and UK defo has it worse than we do. Wife wouldn't let me travel. Delivery is a possibility. Don't mind the expense but buying a car sight unseen? And not being able to haggle for that cable at Tesla Manchester :eek:

garo wrote: »
    Thanks. It's the whole Covid thing and UK defo has it worse than we do. Wife wouldn't let me travel. Delivery is a possibility. Don't mind the expense but buying a car sight unseen? And not being able to haggle for that cable at Tesla Manchester :eek:

Tesla don’t do haggle. Price is the price.
    UK coming out of lockdown too (maybe too quick but that’s another story).
    You shouldn’t have to fight for the cable as it’s part of the sale.

Agree about buying sight unseen but I believe you can cancel on the day. Annoying having to travel etc though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Right. So I might just wait until Covid recedes a bit more in the UK.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,932 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

A few bargains on the Tesla UK website:

2016 facelift 75 with AP1 for GBP35.6k

and my favourite:

2016 pre-facelift P90D with AP1 for just GBP38.5k! That car is seriously fast :cool:

I saw that P90D too but short mileage warranty (I would destroy 18k miles long long before the two years are up), no upgraded audio or suspension, no parking sensors listed, no dual chargers, no cold weather package so translating to a very basic albeit dual motor performance model. It does have a centre console though. I'd also like a sunroof as this allows roof racks.
    I think there would be buyers regret on this one, rather pony up for all the bells and whistles if getting a Tesla.
    It's almost 4 months on sale now.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

It's very cheap for what it is though. But clearly for someone who appreciates the "P" and doesn't care much about the rest. Someone like me :p

Absolutey, if doing little mileage and the P and D floats your boat then go for it.
    I was close to getting a P but went for a base 85 in the end as there was an extra 18month Tesla warranty, way less mileage and I also wanted to avoid the 21s

Tbh for what I paid, I would have taken a degraded S60 with zero options and re-painted in pink :p

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Tbh for what I paid, I would have taken a degraded S60 with zero options and re-painted in pink :p

You've redefined/ruined the word bargain for the rest of us.

You've redefined/ruined the word bargain for the rest of us.

:D

Unkel’s not telling us........he’s leasing the battery :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Gumbo wrote: »
    :D

Unkel’s not telling us........he’s leasing the battery :)

It think it's finally time for the real story to come out. Unkel's car is really a Renault Fluence with a body kit.

I can tell you that from my vast research Unkel's MS was the lowest CPO purchase worldwide, had to have been an error they just honoured

• Registered Users Posts: 21,897 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

slave1 wrote: »
    I can tell you that from my vast research Unkel's MS was the lowest CPO purchase worldwide, had to have been an error they just honoured
    That's my belief too.

I believe the second hand prices are set from HQ in California. Maybe by algorithm? I don't know. My car was obviously priced way under market value. From the moment I hit the "buy" button, I was expecting to get told there was a mistake and the deal was cancelled. This dragged out for several weeks and there was an issue in that Tesla couldn't issue me with an invoice, so you can imagine this was a fairly stressful period, I kept hoping though and if I were a religious man, I would have been praying too :p:D

Nobody in Tesla UK (and I spoke to many different people before I picked up the car) blinked an eye at the price though and nobody even suggested it was a mistake. Several said that whatever the price was when ordering, should just convert to invoice, after which you should be given a method of paying them. None of this worked - they even contacted IT in the USA - but eventually I did agree with the Tesla team from the dealer in Manchester to just pay the order amount to Tesla at close of business, as I was to pick up the car the next morning. Soon after I paid, I did get the invoice. And when payment was made, I knew the deal was done as it would have been very tricky to back out of it at that stage (as there is a contract in place then)

I'd say that nowhere at this stage somebody thought "hey this is a mistake" so "maybe we should cancel this" or "ah sure we will honour it". Feels like a computer mistake to me, with no systems in place to review or alter it. I'd say it will happen again to some other lucky bastard :D

Well 3 and 2 are very close on my keyboard

• Advertisement

It would even have been a bargain with the 3 :D

That's true :DNot many people could add £10k to the purchase price of their CPO tesla and it still be a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,769 ✭✭✭✭JPA

People get the odd mispriced TV or phone but not cars!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Gforcemurphy

Go on - if it’s common knowledge am I allowed ask what the magic number was? Or has it been posted already further back? I fully intend on being the next lucky bastard (but with an X) so need to know what level of jamminess I should be aspiring to.

Go on - if it’s common knowledge am I allowed ask what the magic number was? Or has it been posted already further back? I fully intend on being the next lucky bastard (but with an X) so need to know what level of jamminess I should be aspiring to.

The magic number was GBP21k

See my thread:

linky

The magic number was GBP21k

See my thread:

linky
    Literal daylight robbery. usually I have a pet hate for people using literal when they mean figurative, but in this case it's warranted!

ELM327 wrote: »
    Literal daylight robbery. usually I have a pet hate for people using literal when they mean figurative, but in this case it's warranted!

You took the words out of my literal mouth ......

I’ll get my coat ...... :D

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Quick question on Tesla CPO cars. Will/do Tesla transfer the car to a dealership of your choosing for collection? I know Manchester collections have been mentioned a lot, but in those scenarios i've see the car has always been located in Manchester. What is the car is in London? Will Tesla ship it to Manchester, or do you need to fly into London and find your way to the dealer and back to the ferry? Obviously closer to the ferry is much more convenient for Irish imports.

I think that can be arranged. Personally I wouldn't mind where in the UK the car would be. There aren't many cars that would make for a more relaxed and enjoyable road trip :)

• Advertisement

...and you get free supercharging on day one of ownership to make drive home that little bit sweeter

Advertisement