Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dunno was this already posted, seems like a decent price for a 2017 Ioniq: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq-ev/25018242

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Dunno was this already posted, seems like a decent price for a 2017 Ioniq: https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq-ev/25018242

It is. Pulls the arse out of my thinking my 2017 with few less miles would be worth 18500.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,382 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It is. Pulls the arse out of my thinking my 2017 with few less miles would be worth 18500.

Don't despair yet. The miles on that car are adding up and it's in Galway. If you're in Dublin with a 50k km car, your car is worth that all day, even though I think it is also white?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,263 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

They also say it's priced for a quick sale so definitely a bit below the norm.

unkel wrote: »
    Don't despair yet. The miles on that car are adding up and it's in Galway. If you're in Dublin with a 50k km car, your car is worth that all day, even though I think it is also white?

Cork, 64k km. And it's a CE reg if there's any snobs about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

it's a CE reg if there's any snobs about.

CE - that's just a €uropean conformity thing...........nothing snobbish about it.....
    Unless you mean it's a Clare car? Now that would be an issue alright - the Dubs like their D registration plates :D.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Cork, 64k km. And it's a CE reg if there's any snobs about.

My 535d was a CE reg. rich fookers down there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

One of my last "cheap diesel bangernomics" cars before my first EV was a CE reg e46 320d bmw that I got at merlin car auctions for 500quid.
    (drove it on for another 40k miles and ~10 months later sold it at merlins for similar)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ainsyjnr

2015 85 model S on uk CPO site. £30,500 is that good value? A few miles on it but 2 years or 20k miles warranty.

I know there are a few things to watch out for but where would someone get familiar with what is good and what is bad for a model S?

ainsyjnr wrote: »
    2015 85 model S on uk CPO site. £30,500 is that good value? A few miles on it but 2 years or 20k miles warranty.

I know there are a few things to watch out for but where would someone get familiar with what is good and what is bad for a model S?

There's lots to learn. I've learned some from partaking in threads here over the last year+.
    Briefly, that car has auto pilot and dual chargers, but that's about the height of it. No air suspension, no fancy sound system, no free supercharging. 20k miles isn't a whole lot either for warranty. It's a good price if you want a "cheap" auto pilot S.

It's been up 2 days now and reduced by £200 by tesla, but no takers.

• Advertisement

It's very cheap for what it is though. A CPO car with AP1 for GBP30k is a bargain, no matter how basic the rest of the spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭garo

Same car was originally listed at 41,200 in Feb. https://teslascout.com/view.php?vin=5YJSB7H12FF093235&lang=en&measuring=km
    Looks like the pricing software went haywire. AP1 and dual chargers are good but no ultrafidelity sound or air suspension or cold weather package [Edit: Black_Knight already pointed that out]. No parking sensors either but I assume AP1 already includes that functionality?

garo wrote: »
    Same car was originally listed at 41,200 in Feb. https://teslascout.com/view.php?vin=5YJSB7H12FF093235&lang=en&measuring=km
    Looks like the pricing software went haywire.

My suspicion. An algorithm sets the prices. And it is far from perfect. Thank fook :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

My suspicion. An algorithm sets the prices. And it is far from perfect. Thank fook :pac:

I think it's a human. It doesn't run everyday and there is no pattern to the days it runs. It used to be 5/6 days a week , but since covid there has been full weeks with any drop.

And I don't think any algorithm would have priced your car.

jhegarty wrote: »
    I think it's a human. It doesn't run everyday and there is no pattern to the days it runs. It used to be 5/6 days a week , but since covid there has been full weeks with any drop.

And I don't think any algorithm would have priced your car.

Not a chance a human could have fukcd up the pricing as much as that robot did :-)

ainsyjnr wrote: »

So was it you who bought it? It's gone now anyways.

Not a chance a human could have fukcd up the pricing as much as that robot did :-)

So if it's not an algorithm, and it's not human, does that mean Elon himself is setting the prices? Don't think he's either of those.

His AI is still far from perfect, that's for sure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭ainsyjnr

So was it you who bought it? It's gone now anyways.

Unfortunately not this time! Trying to get an understanding of the Model S ahead of a potential future purchase.

You have to be quick though if you spot one!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

I'm still confused, did it have parking sensors due to autopilot?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 379 ✭✭Mike3287

I'd hope not

Not much for hope for self driving if software can't even set a price :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Software setting pricing is pure speculation, could be one guy changing the prices for all of Europe, they usually change very late Irish time which does indicate US base but I have seen them drop during the day also...
    Just as good if not better value out there on the used market, CPO is not the be all and end all

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

I'm still confused, did it have parking sensors due to autopilot?

No one is really sure. From what i've gathered here, 2012, 2013 cars didn't have sensors as standard. And that sensors were part of the technology pack, which the above car did not have. Hard to imagine it not having them while having AP, but possible.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,021 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just in case it passed some by, the UK have put in stone no extensions so it is a hard date now for 31.12.20.
    After this date there will be VAT and more than likely Import Duty etc etc.
    Interesting for the Irish market as I'd imagine most our cars (being RHD) come from the UK

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Will be interesting to see if there's some sort of loophole for Northern Ireland, and we'll see a rake of car supermarkets opening up there.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,970 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Soarer wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see if there's some sort of loophole for Northern Ireland, and we'll see a rake of car supermarkets opening up there.

Stop off just across the border for fireworks and a diesel car!

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

Soarer wrote: »

The "have cake and eat it" strategy for GB trade with the EU post exit was put out of its misery by Brussels a while back. No exceptions for NI, I suspect - Brussels doesn't take kindly to loopholes to accommodate minnows like Ireland either (the big boys write the rules and the car exporting countries will have no interest in allowing the Irish any loopholes).

Reading between the lines of the programme for government, it also looks like VRT for combustion cars will hiked soon enough.

Overall, any combustion-engined car import would best be done asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

This has been on before , but starting to fall good bargain territory if autopilot is enabled.

€37,950

152 Tesla Model S 70D 70kwh Dual Motor Over 10K extras over other Model S include Executive Rear Seat Package Panoramic Glass Roof Premium Interior Pack Smart Air Suspension SubZero Weather Package Excellent condition throughout.

http://www.ecocars.ie/viewanad.php?ad_id=2353549

No AutoPilot and only a 4 seater. But yeah, it's decent value for money for a Model S from a dealer, provided it comes with at least a full year's warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,313 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

No AutoPilot and only a 4 seater. But yeah, it's decent value for money for a Model S from a dealer, provided it comes with at least a full year's warranty.

I was not aware the S came in a 4 seater option!

Advertisement