Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,317 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

It's very rare. Big benefit is that it actually has cup holders in the rear :p

One of the criticisms I have of the car is that there is virtually no storage anywhere. Apart from that ridiculous shelf under the screen. Whatever you have in there goes flying into the rear of the car whenever you give it welly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ricey3509

unkel wrote: »

One of the criticisms I have of the car is that there is virtually no storage anywhere. Apart from that ridiculous shelf under the screen. Whatever you have in there goes flying into the rear of the car whenever you give it welly :D

I would have thought it was virtually sale proof as a 4 seater. I would imagine anyone looking for an S is thinking 5 seater

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,933 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

That was a very short lived option, crazy setup and not at all practical, apart from screwed to a 4 seater the rear seats don’t fold, horrible idea

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Ah. I'd spotted that one a few times and was curious would it's price start to drop. Now it makes sense why it's not sold. Non folding seats is a deal breaker really.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Must look out for a car with the centre console upgrade :D

• Advertisement

You can get the centre console aftermarket from the likes of TapTes. It's very good but I'm too mean to fork out the €400 or so for it :)

You can get a cheap one from the likes of AliExpress, but I'd be afraid it would just look cheap. And I quite like the yacht floor, just need the cubby drawer (ordered it 3 months ago, hasn't arrived)

And back to the bargains, I'm surprised the dirty Leaf is still for sale:

Linky

One for ELM327, this must tempt you!

2017 Model X 100D Ludicrous, FSD, GBP57k

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 21,900 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It does, but MCU1, and not in Ireland.
    I won't be buying from Tesla UK again.

There is an equivalent on the Irish site (with free supercharging) for 90k EUR.

I checked with tesla and their pathetic trade in value offer had dipped from mid 30s a few months ago to below 30, so I wont be trading in with them either.

ELM327 wrote: »

There is an equivalent on the Irish site (with free supercharging) for 90k EUR.

I checked with tesla and their pathetic trade in value offer had dipped from mid 30s a few months ago to below 30, so I wont be trading in with them either.

How long do Tesla typically take to come back with a trade in offer? Popped in mine for the craic, no word back though.

How long do Tesla typically take to come back with a trade in offer? Popped in mine for the craic, no word back though.
    Couple of days usually. I sent in 3 offer requests in the time I've had the car (any time an interesting model comes up in the Irish inventory!)

• Advertisement

Couple of days usually. I sent in 3 offer requests in the time I've had the car (any time an interesting model comes up in the Irish inventory!)

Does that ever happen? Can't say i've ever seen a car on the Irish inventory.

Took them 4 weeks for my i3.

Does that ever happen? Can't say i've ever seen a car on the Irish inventory.
    Yes, there's a 2017 P100DL model X at the moment

2 year warranty and if you really want it, Tesla will probably offer the upgrade to MCU2 for around 3 grand. I get it you don't want to buy from Tesla UK, but in this case there is likely 10k or more in it

And yeah, the trade in is a problem, you'd think they would at least handle trade ins for second hand Teslas as they sell them (no matter how old) from their forecourts. An offer of below 30k (EUR, Irish site?) is pretty pathetic alright

Tesla do not want a trade in Tesla that has had more than one owner...

Yes, there's a 2017 P100DL model X at the moment

Is there?

https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/inventory/used/mx?arrangeby=plh&zip=&range=0

Shows nothing for me.

The UK site has a 2017 X P100DL alright

Is there?

https://www.tesla.com/en_IE/inventory/used/mx?arrangeby=plh&zip=&range=0

Shows nothing for me.

The UK site has a 2017 X P100DL alright
    It's gone since yesterday.
    It was up for a while at 94k.

2 year warranty and if you really want it, Tesla will probably offer the upgrade to MCU2 for around 3 grand. I get it you don't want to buy from Tesla UK, but in this case there is likely 10k or more in it

And yeah, the trade in is a problem, you'd think they would at least handle trade ins for second hand Teslas as they sell them (no matter how old) from their forecourts. An offer of below 30k (EUR, Irish site?) is pretty pathetic alright
    Yup. I wasnt expecting top dollar but sub 30-35k is pretty pathetic. Given that if it were to be auctioned at a dealer lot for parts it would nearly reach that.

I know the mcu upgrade is there, but , mark my words (until they open the store in belfast) I wont be buying another tesla from tesla uk after the last horrorshow.

It's gone since yesterday.
    It was up for a while at 94k.

Makes the UK one at £57k a bargain so (spec dependant).

Makes the UK one at £57k a bargain so (spec dependant).

57k is what, 63k or so in EUR, then you have another say 500 to bring it back, the hassle of not being able to finance a car not on irish plates, then the VRt which would still be quite high on a 2-3 year old model X Performance Ludicrous.

Still, probably a 20k saving if you can make it work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

slave1 wrote: »
    2014 Model S85 Tesla CPO for two years/44,558miles
    £30,100
    Dual Chargers
    Parking Sensors
    Smart Air Suspension
    19" wheels

This won't last long...
    https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/used/5YJSB3H17EFP42860?token=$2y$10$VG0gYIL/0m6qiw8ajClDDu2Xk15mYbMBuHbRdYF/jT5/xCQrqeRc6&redirect=no

Same car now on auto trader now for £33,900

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202006190315532

Wow, literally bought from Tesla for immediate resale, suppose that's the market's way of saying buying from Tesla is (sometimes/in this case) way cheaper.
    £29,600 off Tesla and just 83miles put on it.
    Nice flip

Was that the AP1 car? If so, that was a bit of a misprice. Going rate for pre-facelift non-AP1 Model S is GBP30k, for AP1 it's GBP34k

I've had a look on both DD and AT several times in the last week, see could I find any bargain EVs, but there were none. Apart maybe from an Ion in Ireland that you'd probably pick up for about €4k

Linky

jhegarty wrote: »
    Same car now on auto trader now for £33,900

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202006190315532

Least you can see real pics now.
    Was a nice car at 29,600 if very basic.

Yeah, very quiet this week or so regards bargains. Everyone too busy enjoying the easing of restrictions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Was that the AP1 car? If so, that was a bit of a misprice. Going rate for pre-facelift non-AP1 Model S is GBP30k, for AP1 it's GBP34k

No , this was the non-ap but otherwise decent spec (Panoramic Roof, Dual Chargers, Air Suspension)

Cheapest CPO car now a pre-facelift 70D AP1, for GBP39k. Not super value for money.

Cheapest facelift is GBP41.6k and it's white and doesn't have AP1 - terrible value for money...

jhegarty wrote: »
    No , this was the non-ap but otherwise decent spec (Panoramic Roof, Dual Chargers, Air Suspension)

I had it saved as I was seriously considering it.

517192.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Casati

Nice margin flipping that for the dealer

• Advertisement

Casati wrote: »
    Nice margin flipping that for the dealer

Especially since the warranty is with Tesla for 2 years.

Advertisement