Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wheelchair guy using tiny dog

• 24-12-2016 1:31am

Guy on Mary St today in wheelchair singing along to boom box. Seen him before in dun laoire. He is rubbish but uses a little dog to evoke sympathy. Friend saw him today on Mary St with tiny dog shivering badly. Friend told him dog too tiny to be out in weather but scumbag in wheelchair ignored her any point reporting him?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Just a strange thought... but how about you mind your own business? :pac:
    It was'nt like he was whipping the dog in the middle of the street. So the dog was cold. Big deal. Plenty of homeless people sleeping on the streets tonight. Where is your bleeding heart for them? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Maybe the dog is using the tone deaf wheelchair guy.

Things arent always as they seem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,357 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I saw a blue car today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Birneybau wrote: »
    I saw a blue car today

I hope you reported it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I saw a blue car today

Was it shivering?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭uch

Just take the Dog off him, he's not going to run after you

21/25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I think he used to be out our way but has moved on, thank God. To say he is rubbish is a grave understatement. felt sorry for the little dog having to listen to that all dwy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Guy on Mary St today in wheelchair singing along to boom box. Seen him before in dun laoire. He is rubbish but uses a little dog to evoke sympathy. Friend saw him today on Mary St with tiny dog shivering badly. Friend told him dog too tiny to be out in weather but scumbag in wheelchair ignored her any point reporting him?

You could report your friend to the quarter pounder police. I'm not sure what they could do for you but it should keep you occupied for a while looking for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

uch wrote: »

He might be using the wheelchair to evoke sympathy too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

Not sure how he's a scumbag but the dog might be his own pet - why would he need the dog for sympathy when he's in a wheelchair?

• Advertisement

It was'nt like he was whipping the dog in the middle of the street. So the dog was cold. Big deal. Plenty of homeless people sleeping on the streets tonight. Where is your bleeding heart for them? ;)

Ah your type sicken me. Homeless people have enough people working on their behalf. Go gather up s few and put them. In your house. But of course you wouldn't. Cos your an all talk no action keyboard warrior.

Flimpson wrote: »
    Not sure how he's a scumbag but the dog might be his own pet - why would he need the dog for sympathy when he's in a wheelchair?

Beggars use dogs specially puppies all the time on the Continent to get more sympathy. And more donations. He's a scumbag because he didn't even wrap a blanket round the dog and poor thing was freezing. Just cos your in a wheelchair doesn't make you a Saint.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Dancewithme

Take the dog and run. I bet if you go back next week he will have a new dog

I saw a blue car today
    you must have a very boring life and little imagination.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭CaptainInsano

Imagine being so desperate for company that you'd drag an animal into your horrible life with you. Awful situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭corner of hells

I saw a blue car today

So did I.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭dinorebel

you must have a very boring life and little imagination.
    He has a great imagination the car was really red.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

They play Republican songs and together are are known as... Wolf Tone.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭StanleyOllie

Id prefer a hotdog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Ah your type sicken me. Homeless people have enough people working on their behalf. Go gather up s few and put them. In your house. But of course you wouldn't. Cos your an all talk no action keyboard warrior.

So what's your address? I'll give it to some homeless people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

There is a dude in a wheelchair round my way who uses two jack russells as sledge dogs to pull him around. Deadly serious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

There is a dude in a wheelchair round my way who uses two jack russells as sledge dogs to pull him around. Deadly serious.

That sounds like the title to a song. The Smiths come to mind for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Skommando

Beggars use dogs specially puppies all the time on the Continent to get more sympathy. And more donations. He's a scumbag because he didn't even wrap a blanket round the dog and poor thing was freezing. Just cos your in a wheelchair doesn't make you a Saint.

I like animals, but you have to question what's gone badly wrong in society when people care about their well being, while having nothing but hatred for fellow human beings worse off than themselves.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Things arent always as they seem.
    Oh, no. I am a musician and the monkey is a businessman. He doesn't tell me what to play, and I don't tell him what to do with his money. . One day I came home and I found him sitting in my living room. I let him stay, but he pays for his own room and board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Dogs don't just shiver because theyre cold. Probably more likely he's hungry or nervous rather than cold seeing as its like 14 degrees outside. Is this dog originally from somewhere around the equator? Anyway , bit mean to say he's 'using ' this dog, while you could be right it could just as easily be his only companion.

Anyway theres nicer things to talk about on christmas day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Imagine being so desperate for company that you'd drag an animal into your horrible life with you. Awful situation.

Dogs arent prejudiced towards poor people unlike some humans. Maybe the dog is happy, you don't have to be rich to make a dog happy. IF this beggar got even 1.50 in change every day he could have his dog well fed on a load of bread daily. Not saying bread is the best thing he could give but the dog will be fine.

wakka12 wrote: »
    Dogs arent prejudiced towards poor people unlike some humans. Maybe the dog is happy, you don't have to be rich to make a dog happy. IF this beggar got even 1.50 in change every day he could have his dog well fed on a load of bread daily. Not saying bread is the best thing he could give but the dog will be fine.
    I'm not so sure any dog would be fine on a diet of bread . But I take your point. Unfortunately I've seen quite a few in fairly rough looking state around Dublin, if their owners are hungry then they are too. Awful way of life for both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Skommando wrote: »
    I like animals, but you have to question what's gone badly wrong in society when people care about their well being, while having nothing but hatred for fellow human beings worse off than themselves.

People are suckers for dogs. I guess we are sort of programmed to respond to "mans best friend".
    I saw a homeless guy in Leeds a couple of weeks ago. He had an Old English Sheepdog (dulux dog) and he was cleaning up. Both he and the dog were lapping it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

I know it doesn't. What I mean though is, since he's in a wheelchair as it is, he doesn't need a "prop" to elicit sympathy. The dog is likely just his pet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Jesus, I thought he was using him like a sled dog, way you were on about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Dogs both big and small are outdoor animals. They don't wear clothes and have fur to protect them against the cold besides it wasn't actually cold today. Maybe the dog was nervous because there was a weirdo staring at it???

Wow..... :pac:
    Well done on twisting things. I genuinely mean that too (no joke)

See I was saying how you cared about the dog being cold but what about homeless people in the same position. Like you couldn't give a toss about them.
    All you cared about was "reporting" about some dog. You're a do-gooder. But if I say more I'll probably be banned.

But... Here's some advice: get a reality check.

1, twisting things only works on people with low iq's ;)
    2, you're of a certain kind of person where if someone says or does something you don't like... You look to report them. Grow a pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

There's a lad who begs in Eyre Square while holding a really tiny dog as well. Thought it a strange combination when I noticed it first.

Perish the thought that when the man lost his home he didn't want to give away his dog as well. Cruel bastard he is.

Perish the thought that when the man lost his home he didn't want to give away his dog as well. Cruel bastard he is.

He could be cruel to the dog, how do you know? Does losing one's home excuse us from certain actions?

• Advertisement

He could be cruel to the dog, how do you know? Does losing one's home excuse us from certain actions?

Losing home and not wanting to lose your dog is fairly reasonable. If the dog is being fed there's no issue that I can see.

Losing home and not wanting to lose your dog is fairly reasonable. If the dog is being fed there's no issue that I can see.

Well none of us know the truth behind this particular case. However, I don't think simply feeding an animal should be significant criteria for owning one and thankfully the law agrees.

Well none of us know the truth behind this particular case. However, I don't think simply feeding an animal should be significant criteria for owning one and thankfully the law agrees.

To be honest if you're advocating taking a mans dog away - his only company on the streets then you and the OP are a pair of horrible people to say the least. I know the lad because I've seen him plenty of times in newbridge he loves that dog from what I saw and does his best to look after him. Move on with your own life and leave the chap be. It's lonely being on the streets and it's his only company.

To be honest if you're advocating taking a mans dog away - his only company on the streets then you and the OP are a pair of horrible people to say the least. I know the lad because I've seen him plenty of times in newbridge he loves that dog from what I saw and does his best to look after him. Move on with your own life and leave the chap be. It's lonely being on the streets and it's his only company.
    I never said anything about taking his dog away though, unlucky.

I never said anything about taking his dog away though, unlucky.

Ah good you're arguing for the sake of it.

Happy Christmas.

• Advertisement

Ah good you're arguing for the sake of it.

Happy Christmas.

Too much beer for someone I think .

Too much beer for someone I think .

Too little sleep rather.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I always laugh at these type of posts.

You are not allowed to show any concern for a shivering pup. Because homelessness.

You are not allowed to show any concern for Syrian people. Because homelessness.

Take in a homeless person instead, because that ACTUALLY would be something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,683 ✭✭✭monty_python

uch wrote: »

I wouldn't. He would prob get wheelly angry

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I always laugh at these type of posts.

You are not allowed to show any concern for a shivering pup. Because homelessness.

You are not allowed to show any concern for Syrian people. Because homelessness.

Take in a homeless person instead, because that ACTUALLY would be something.

No mate, not pulling one of those.
    Point is people have more compassion for animals. Also people love to report anything they don't like.

But I guess unless I don't take in 100 homeless people I can't say people have compassion for animals over people. Cause boards-logic :pac:

Advertisement