Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New eleaf 40w tastes of burn

Options
  • 24-12-2016 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi I got a eleaf mini 40w as a Christmas present for myself and I filled it with juice but getting a burnt taste any idea on how to fix this ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

What is the resistance of the coil, and what setting do you have it at? Sounds simply like you're running the coil too high. Or, you don't have the air vents open enough on the tank?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Does it tastes like burnt cotton or metallic?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

Tastes like burnt cotton, I dint know how to open the air vents have always used a ego ecigarette before so excuse my lack of knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The main things to do with a new coil is make sure its well juiced and always start at a much lower temp than you normally vape at to avoid burning the cotton.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Tastes like burnt cotton, I dint know how to open the air vents have always used a ego ecigarette before so excuse my lack of knowledge

It'll just be a ring on the tank itself that you turn to open up the air holes. You can get burning if they are closed.

As mentioned, let the coils soak a bit before firing too. It's a good idea to prie them first - just add a few drops to the bare coil itself before filling the tank, speeds up the soakage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

Thanks guys keeping at 8w until I feel comfortable but all seems ok now

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Does the mod read voltage? I always found that was a better way to judge how much pressure you're putting on the coil. 8 watts on a 10 ohm coil will melt the coil, 8w on a .1ohm coil will take a minute to heat up if it even can.

4 volts is probably a safe medium. The da always has his on 3.8 or so, I've always had it at about 4.5 and sometimes higher. Probably explains why I need to change coils more than he does though

Advertisement