Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas Day, what's yer plans?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

pilly wrote: »
    In Canada visiting my son, only problem is we haven't found a proper ham yet!
    What about William Shatner ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Have dinner with the wife open presents and have a few drinks. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I am in a three person relationship and the third set of grandparents feel themselves to be "grandparents" in every sense of the word except biological. And they are keen to become real grandparents in the future too. Kinda in the same way if you adopted children - your parents would likely feel like "grandparents".

If you adopted children, your parents would be grandparents, legally as well as emotionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Vital Transformation

I am in a three person relationship

That would be an interesting AMA.

Wohoo! cooking crisis averted - daughter finishing off her "secret" present for her parents now before bed. Everything set!
    Specialun wrote: »
    Im curious..wtf is a three person relationship

Like a couple - only its three people not two. A truple :)
    muddypaws wrote: »
    If you adopted children, your parents would be grandparents, legally as well as emotionally.

That was the point I was making yes :) It is a lot like that with us only less of the legal connection of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭Specialun

Wohoo! cooking crisis averted - daughter finishing off her "secret" present for her parents now before bed. Everything set!

Like a couple - only its three people not two. A truple :)

That was the point I was making yes :) It is a lot like that with us only less of the legal connection of course.

So like you have two girlfriends..how does that work..patience of a saint if so ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Mass early, drive to visit my mother in a nursing home 50 kms away, then dinner in my brother's house, and I won't refuse a drink at any time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Advbrd wrote: »
    Sounds good but where are you getting the six grand parents from?

Ah yeah, I remember your set up now, best of luck.

How did you miss that? It's mentioned in nearly all of his posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Having the two neighbours either side of me in for dinner both in their 80's "no families"( all to busy/away for Christmas), some sherry before dinner 3 course meal(small portions of course) and baileys coffee for afters and listen to the stories of old again lol.

Fair play to you. The world would be a fantastic place with more people like you in it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Having the two neighbours either side of me in for dinner both in their 80's "no families"( all to busy/away for Christmas), some sherry before dinner 3 course meal(small portions of course) and baileys coffee for afters and listen to the stories of old again lol.
    You make Santa Claus look like an amateur.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

So like you have two girlfriends..how does that work..patience of a saint if so ;)

He lives in a harem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

We're on part two of our honeymoon in NYC so we'll be up early for breakfast, then head shopping/site seeing. We're having dinner at the Rockefeller Centre tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Fair play to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

Super-Rush wrote: »
    We're on part two of our honeymoon in NYC so we'll be up early for breakfast, then head shopping/site seeing. We're having dinner at the Rockefeller Centre tomorrow night.

A very different and exotic-sounding Christmas!!enjoy:)

Its all good thanks, but more hands make light work as they say. In terms of Christmas Day Plans it helps to have more people taking the load. Especially with the amount of kids we are going to have visiting tomorrow !! Its going to look like an over subscribed kinder garden here tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Wohoo the dinner worked out with the many courses I put on. Starting off with a polish borscht and climaxing with the Goose named "Danny the Dinner" by my 6 year old daughter that I housed and nurtured from baby - to slaughter - to dinner plate - including not 1 but 4 different kinds of stuffing (the chestnut one was the best in the end) and then ending nicely with two different desserts.

Lots of happy people staggering around after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Shergar6

Enourmous dinner planned as every year. With six grand parents - multiple siblings - and many neices nephews and my own children to cater for I usually start cooking and preparing for this some weeks in advance.

Also since we do not do the Santa thing - we have a Christmas present treasure hunt thing going on all around our area and dublin area. With clues and riddles and puzzles and quests and challenges all set up and ready. The end locations of which allow us to hand deliver some presents to the children of friends and collect the clues there that I emailed them and they have printed out ready for our arrival.

Will be a big - involved - mass of excitement and joy for the kids and probably quiet wearying for me :)

LOl what the heck? That sounds hellish.

What is a 3 person relationship? :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Shergar6

Super-Rush wrote: »

I'm going to go away for xmas some year - just go and have everything done for me and not worry about anything. I used to think the idea of being away for xmas was terrible but not now. I can't when my parents are still alive though. It wouldn't feel right even though we don't make a big fuss of christmas as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Shergar6 wrote: »
    I'm going to go away for xmas some year - just go and have everything done for me and not worry about anything. I used to think the idea of being away for xmas was terrible but not now. I can't when my parents are still alive though. It wouldn't feel right even though we don't make a big fuss of christmas as it is.

I have to admit i did feel a bit homesick yesterday not being at home. Alcohol quickly numbed those feelings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

Wohoo the dinner worked out with the many courses I put on. Starting off with a polish borscht and climaxing with the Goose named "Danny the Dinner" by my 6 year old daughter that I housed and nurtured from baby - to slaughter - to dinner plate - including not 1 but 4 different kinds of stuffing (the chestnut one was the best in the end) and then ending nicely with two different desserts.

Lots of happy people staggering around after that.

:D Poor danny the dinner, that name always makes me smile :D Glad it all went well :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Xmas in Wexford was great. headed to limerick after for the rugby

LOl what the heck? That sounds hellish.

Really? It was great to be honest. I love getting that much family and children together under one roof. It is rare to get everyone in one place given the size of our full extended family. And I _love_ cooking a lot so I get a large captive appreciative audience to boot. Win:Win for me!
    What is a 3 person relationship?

Same as a couple - only with 3 people not 2.
    biggrin.png Poor danny the dinner, that name always makes me smile biggrin.png Glad it all went well smile.png

Yeah it was a little confusing for the guests who did not know about Danny's history when I called everyone for the main Duck course and my daughter ran towards the table going "Dannnnyyyy!!!!!" It took a little bit of explaining :)

Advertisement