Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking to inform possible owner about their cat

• 24-12-2016 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Yesterday evening I was driving in the Artane area in Dublin (near Artane Castle Shopping Centre) and saw an injured cat on the road, most likely hit by a car. I drove the cat to the nearest vet in Clontarf who agreed to look after him, but unfortunately they contacted me soon after to say that due to the serious injuries, the poor kitty had to be put down.

The cat was neither chipped nor neutered and so may be a stray, but he looked pretty healthy and clean, and was calm when held (although that may have been due to shock). So he may belong to someone, who might be worried about their pet with no way of knowing what happened.

The cat was mostly white, with black patches on his back and a black tail. I did take a picture, but I don't think it would be appropriate to post. However, I can show it to anybody wishing to identify the cat.

Other than seeing this post directly, would anybody have any other suggestions of how to notify the owner? I'm only living in the area since recently, so am not familiar with which shops have notice boards, etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Ramocc wrote: »
    Yesterday evening I was driving in the Artane area in Dublin (near Artane Castle Shopping Centre) and saw an injured cat on the road, most likely hit by a car. I drove the cat to the nearest vet in Clontarf who agreed to look after him, but unfortunately they contacted me soon after to say that due to the serious injuries, the poor kitty had to be put down.

The cat was neither chipped nor neutered and so may be a stray, but he looked pretty healthy and clean, and was calm when held (although that may have been due to shock). So he may belong to someone, who might be worried about their pet with no way of knowing what happened.

The cat was mostly white, with black patches on his back and a black tail. I did take a picture, but I don't think it would be appropriate to post. However, I can show it to anybody wishing to identify the cat.

Other than seeing this post directly, would anybody have any other suggestions of how to notify the owner? I'm only living in the area since recently, so am not familiar with which shops have notice boards, etc.

Maybe ask the vet for the names of local animal charities. The ones down here in Cork will put information like this on their Facebook pages, as it might reach the owners that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Is there a local town forum page on facebook and/or one for lost and found pets? That's where i would start. Good on you for doing the right thing, so sad the little thibg didn't make it :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Well done for your kindhearted action.
    Did the vet check for an ID chip?
    Might help find the owners that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭zipee

I'm in Raheny and there is a Raheny Facebook group that posts lots of info on lost or found pets? Is there one for arrange that you could post in?

Advertisement