Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Christmas

Options
  • 24-12-2016 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Wishing all on here a very happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year. Thanks for all your contributions and advice etc. etc. during the past year.

Looks like next week will be a good one to get a few more cycles completed before the end of the year.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

So who is out for a 9am spin tomorrow?

No one?

Happy Christmas

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Merry Christmas everyone, and don't forget to post details of all your cycling-related pressies here. I'll start with one I've bought myself:p
    front.jpg?v=2016-12-13-12-40

• Registered Users Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭secman

Obsessive charity disorder :) .... fair play to you and have a very happy Christmas

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Beasty wrote: »
    Merry Christmas everyone, and don't forget to post details of all your cycling-related pressies here. I'll start with one I've bought myself:p
    front.jpg?v=2016-12-13-12-40

I've had a sneak preview and it's good!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

godtabh wrote: »
    I've had a sneak preview
    :eek::eek:

You been visiting my premises when I'm not around?????

:pac:

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    :eek::eek:

You been visiting my premises when I'm not around?????

:pac:

Was that not you?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Santa nearly got caught mid delivery. He has decided that he arrived too early and is going to pop back later.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

CramCycle wrote: »
    Santa nearly got caught mid delivery. He has decided that he arrived too early and is going to pop back later.
    Brings back memories of trying to do Santa when buckled , and then trying to look enthusiastic a couple of hours later with the head hanging and thumping! Those days are passed now - happy Christmas everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

The wife got me campagnolo zondas for xmas but when I showed her what she got me, she was about as interested in them as when I get home from 200km spin in horrible weather and try explain to how hard it was.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I've no idea what the OH got beyond a spaceage cup that will keep my coffee warm for 4-8 hours (great for cycling). Any time I ask for something cycling specific, it's met with "something something you've more pairs of wheels than bikes, or something something, you've got something for that type of weather". It really is a bit obsessive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

No one?

Happy Christmas

Might buzz out early for a short spin if the wind lessens.

Nollaig shona is athbhliain faoi shéan is faoi mahise dhaoibh go léir.

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Roadtoad

No one?

Happy Christmas
    Mrs Roadtoad always draws attention to the strong male-female ratio of people jogging/cycling at this time of year. Guilting me out of it I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Sportful Essential gloves and Geraints book.

2 pairs of cleats and a pair of aero bars. Subtle get out more and go faster hints there.

A pair of Oakley Polairised jawbreakers.

It's my birthday in a couple of days and that's the bigger day for me. Kids get the big presents and the wife and myself go big on our birthdays. Getting a G3 hub that I'm going to get built into a Planet X CT 45 wheel set. I'' excited. My wife doesn't under stand!

Best present today though was lego technics. Haven't gotten lego in 25 years!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Best present today though was lego technics. Haven't gotten lego in 25 years!

A Lego Technics bike...cool! What groupset, finishing kit ?

:D

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    A Lego Technics bike...cool! What groupset, finishing kit ?

:D

Plastic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Plastic

Bah!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

New frame arrived from Zurich during the week

image_zps51gqwjx0.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

letape wrote: »

Now, that is nice!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

image_zps51gqwjx0.jpeg

Jebus. That looks amazing.

crosstownk wrote: »
    Jebus. That looks amazing.

Thanks - half tempted to hang it on a wall!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Thanks - half tempted to hang it on a wall!

I can see where you're coming from - but I wouldn't! Where did you get it, Steel Vintage or somewhere? I ask as I'm in the market in the new year for similar. Well wear.

2 pairs of SPDs (asked for one but hey, pedals will always be used) and a tin of proofide to work on the 1960s Wrights Saddle I have.

I can see where you're coming from - but I wouldn't! Where did you get it, Steel Vintage or somewhere? I ask as I'm in the market in the new year for similar. Well wear.

Thanks. I bought it from these guys, who were really great to deal with.

https://www.scampi-cicli.com/aboutscampi/index.html

Everything else they have is a good bit older.

I think steel vintage did have a few at sone so stage, but not in my size.

I would also still consider a Concorde squadra, basso Astra or Loto or Colnago master or tecnos but finding the right frame in the right size and condition isn't easy.

I can see where you're coming from - but I wouldn't!

+1 as tempting as it is when you get a beauty to keep her as perfect as you found her, to not to ride a bike is borderline criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Garzard

A pair of Lezyne USB lights - Micro Drive 400 XL (front) & Zecto Drive (rear). :cool:

Advertisement