Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to access Television

Options
  • 24-12-2016 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭

I am suddenly unable to access Television of Film forums? :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Not site feedback - moved to Help Desk.

There is no ban in place. What error are you getting?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

On the old skin I suspect?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Not site feedback - moved to Help Desk.

There is no ban in place. What error are you getting?

This message
    Coillte_Bhoy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Is it still happening?
    What version of the site/skin are you using?

Is it still happening?
    What version of the site/skin are you using?

No, it's fine again, thanks

• Advertisement

This problem has returned. :confused:

Can you post a screenshot of the error that you get please.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

I think I'm getting the same error but I've just been getting around it, I have a feeling it's something to do with accessing the site using the skin I'm using & through my phone browser.

Anyways, if I select 'Television' from the 'Arts' drop-down menu I get this:

IMG_4128.png

However, if I allow the 'Television' to expand and select any of the sub-fora it opens normally without any errors or problems. It has been like this for a while but like I said, it's easy to get around.

Is this similar to the problem you are having Coillte_Bhoy?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    I think I'm getting the same error but I've just been getting around it, I have a feeling it's something to do with accessing the site using the skin I'm using & through my phone browser.

Anyways, if I select 'Television' from the 'Arts' drop-down menu I get this:

However, if I allow the 'Television' to expand and select any of the sub-fora it opens normally without any errors or problems. It has been like this for a while but like I said, it's easy to get around.

Is this similar to the problem you are having Coillte_Bhoy?

That's as I said earlier. The links on the old skin point to the old and closed forums prior to the re-org.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Ok, so change your skin Coillte_Bhoy or you can get around it by selecting the forum you want from the expanded drop-down menu directly. The only problem you'll have if you don't want change your skin is following a link another user posts to the 'Television' forum.

You can change your skin in the User Control Panel. I think it's under the 'Edit Options' section.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement