Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2016 - The Year the Music Died?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Samurai12

McGaggs wrote: »
    Samurai12 wrote: »
    If you couldn't predict it happening in 2016 then you obviously won't be able to predict it happening in other years

Dont make me get out the actuarial tables...
    Use whatever table you want, you can estimate what will happen in the future but you cannot predict it with 100% certainty. Last year you would not have been able to predict what happened this year so what makes you think any other years will be any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Use whatever table you want, you can estimate what will happen in the future but you cannot predict it with 100% certainty. Last year you would not have been able to predict what happened this year so what makes you think any other years will be any different.

This time last year I predicted that there'd be a hell of a lot of celebrity deaths in 2016. I'm making the same prediction for 2017.

Not sure what point (if any) you're trying to make. We now have a larger population of celebrities aged 60+ who have a higher chance of dying in the next 12 months. It hardly takes 600 points, 4 years in UCD and God knows how many professional exams to figure that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Samurai12

This time last year I predicted that there'd be a hell of a lot of celebrity deaths in 2016. I'm making the same prediction for 2017.

Not sure what point (if any) you're trying to make. We now have a larger population of celebrities aged 60+ who have a higher chance of dying in the next 12 months. It hardly takes 600 points, 4 years in UCD and God knows how many professional exams to figure that out.
    I was talking in response to adox when I said:
    If you couldn't predict it happening in 2016 then you obviously won't be able to predict it happening in other years

Dont make me get out the actuarial tables...
    As adox said that it doesn't seem likely that a lot of celebrities will die next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭GreenFolder2

Saipanne wrote: »
    The way people in their 70s and 80s keep dying is just shocking. Here's hoping the situation improves in 2017.

David Bowie- 69
    Prince - 57
    George Michael - 53
    Pete Burns 57

Non music:
    Caroline Aherne 52
    Victoria wood - 62
    Anton Yelchin 27

Other than Bowie, all of those are way too young and 69 is still too soon by modern standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,060 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Suas11 wrote: »
    It's only gonna get worse in the next few years.

it's simple maths

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Hip Hop has been the same for God only knows how long

No, it really hasn't. I'll start you off with Chance the Rapper and Le1f, and let you go from there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Taylor Swift did in 2015.

We're talking about music here.

I'm sure there's a thread to discuss morons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

We're talking about music here.

I'm sure there's a thread to discuss morons
    Well that's just childish. Many would say the same say the same of U2 in recent years, the fact is if Taylor Swift did outsell them then by the standards you laid out she is a bigger musical act at the moment.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Well that's just childish. Many would say the same say the same of U2 in recent years, the fact is if Taylor Swift did outsell them then by the standards you laid out she is a bigger musical act at the moment.

Oh for **** sake, it was a joke. Get a grip

Bit like her actually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

U2 have sold approx 170 million albums worldwide.
    This is surpassed by AC/DC's album sales of 200 million.
    Both have been bettered by The Rolling Stones 250 million album sales.

I love all 3 bands and have seen The Stones once, AC/DC six times and U2 seven times.

The facts is The Rolling Stones remain the biggest selling band, in terms of album and ticket sales, over 50 years after their formation.

• Advertisement

poundhound wrote: »
    U2 have sold approx 170 million albums worldwide.
    This is surpassed by AC/DC's album sales of 200 million.
    Both have been bettered by The Rolling Stones 250 million album sales.

I love all 3 bands and have seen The Stones once, AC/DC six times and U2 seven times.

The facts is The Rolling Stones remain the biggest selling band, in terms of album and ticket sales, over 50 years after their formation.

BBC Radio 2 list of highest selling artists

http://www.buzzjack.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=196613&st=0&start=0

AC/DC have sold more than both

Advertisement