Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

amateur musicians for band

• 24-12-2016 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hi all. I'm looking to start/ join a band. I'm 34 and learning bass.

I'm looking for guitarist (s), singer, drummer, even keys if possible.

I'd like to get together and play some covers with people......possibly even work towards a gig or two.

Main focus would be having the Craic and taking the practice out of the gaf!

So if your keen or if you are looking for an amateur bassist for a similar project gimme a shout.

Cheers and happy Christmas!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KaruiAoi

Hey! I would be interested in this! I am 22 and a singer! PM me if interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10 fitzy2266

hey ! I'm 25 and a guitarist. I wouldn't mind meeting up for a jam. Give me a shout if you would be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 36 barotusa

Hello,

My name is Roberto and I'm 32. I play electric and acoustic guitar and got different experiences in punk/hc/rock bands.I would be interested in this project (genre doesn't matter, I love music at all). However, at the moment I just have a 3/4 acoustic guitar. Therefore, if anyone of you can lend me an electric guitar and I could use that one and for amp gears we can rent weekly a rehearsal room. Once we see how it goes I can buy an electric guitar...no problem at all. Please contact me in PM.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Roberto

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭DeeTee100

Where are you located? I'm a guitarist in the Galway area looking to get back to playing more, or just meeting for a jam. I'd be interested in anything from rock/blues to early punk or modern indie

• Registered Users Posts: 36 barotusa

DeeTee100 wrote: »
    Where are you located? I'm a guitarist in the Galway area looking to get back to playing more, or just meeting for a jam. I'd be interested in anything from rock/blues to early punk or modern indie

I'm located in Dublin but if you are located in Galway I don't it would be easy meeting and playing together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭DeeTee100

barotusa wrote: »
    I'm located in Dublin but if you are located in Galway I don't it would be easy meeting and playing together.

Ah OK, no worries

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭T.V Eye

any particular style you want to play?

i'm in dublin... play guitar rhythm and some lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 trojang

Based in Dublin too. I'm 26 and have been playing guitar for a bit and would like to start jamming with other musicians. PM if interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12 Liszy

still looking for singer? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭pegdrums

Howdy all. Apologies for not getting back to anyone......I thought Boards was supposed to notify me of any activity on this thread and since it hadn't Id assumed no-one was interested.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I am based in Cork.

If anyone down this direction is still interested let me know as I will check back here more regularly!!!

As regards style.......most things would appeal as long as there not too technical! I've been learning a few motown tunes and a few pub classics.

Blues would probably be a good place to start for a jam I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12 Liszy

if you ever move to dub get in touch :p Best of luck : )

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭pegdrums

I'll do that! All the best.

Advertisement