Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone else staying sober for Christmas?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Yes as I'm breastfeeding. (I could pump and dump I suppose but it's a lot of hassle seeing as I'm not a big drinker anyway).

Personal decision obviously, but you can drink moderately and still breastfeed! The concentration in breastmilk is so much more diluted than people think. So feel free to enjoy that glass of wine if you want one ;)

https://www.laleche.org.uk/alcohol-and-breastfeeding/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Dolbert wrote: »
    Personal decision obviously, but you can drink moderately and still breastfeed! The concentration in breastmilk is so much more diluted than people think. So feel free to enjoy that glass of wine if you want one ;)

https://www.laleche.org.uk/alcohol-and-breastfeeding/
    Ooh interesting! Thanks for sharing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Cartouche

Look, if people want to have a few drinks or even get absolutely hammered every night of the week its entirely up to them. As long as they arent ruining anyone elses life in the process

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

Haven't had a drink yet this Christmas but im heading out with a few friends tomorrow evening so I'll be having a few then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

Cartouche wrote: »
    Look, if people want to have a few drinks or even get absolutely hammered every night of the week its entirely up to them. As long as they arent ruining anyone elses life in the process

Someone getting hammered every night is more than likely affecting those around them, usually family.Unless they live as total recluses and never
    Leave the house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Stonedpilot

When drink costs more than money you have a problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 596 ✭✭✭MSVforever

The last Christmas I had alcoholic drinks was 2010. Stopped drinking when my wife got pregnant in Sep 2011. Tried to have a few in 2012 (baby shower) and it wasnt cutting it for me. Maybe it was the side effects from medication at the time as I didnt feel too good afterwards (worst hangover I ever had). Stopped drinking alcohol altogether since then.
    I dont miss it at all and enjoy my weekends more (well a hangover with 4 year old would be hell anyways).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Cartouche

Someone getting hammered every night is more than likely affecting those around them, usually family.Unless they live as total recluses and never
    Leave the house

My point exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭A Battered Mars Bar

I stayed sober relatively speaking. Only had 1 pint 3 wines and 2 shorts all day yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Average AHer is a 6'2 teetotal polyglot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Patww79 wrote: »
    Are you American?

No why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Patww79 wrote: »
    Of course.

That, and the need to put anyone who has had four drinks into rehab.

Did I touch a nerve? Do you 'take it easy' on Christmas Day too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

Working at 7 in the morning, so tucked up in bed now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 267 ✭✭Train Dragon

Amy33 wrote: »
    Working at 7 in the morning, so tucked up in bed now.

It must be a nightmare for those that like a drink but also have to work in Retail, hospitals etc over Christmas.

Advertisement