Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gundog

Options
  • 24-12-2016 9:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi all

Getting my first puppy gundog.. just a question I'm not going to be there on weekdays from 9am-4pm but I can get someone to check up on him at 2pm. Thing is that I'm not sure if he'd be okay alone ( I have 2 older dogs that live outside) I've got a kennel and I was thinking of putting it near the older dogs kennels for company.. I'm willing to walk with him at 6am, and evening around 6pm would it affect our bond for training etc? Because I'm leaveing him alone for a good few hours ? Pup will be a springer spaniel.. any ideas lads? Will be in the house overnight for the first 2 weeks or so..
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭shooting101

Any ideas lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

Hi all

Getting my first puppy gundog.. just a question I'm not going to be there on weekdays from 9am-4pm but I can get someone to check up on him at 2pm. Thing is that I'm not sure if he'd be okay alone ( I have 2 older dogs that live outside) I've got a kennel and I was thinking of putting it near the older dogs kennels for company.. I'm willing to walk with him at 6am, and evening around 6pm would it affect our bond for training etc? Because I'm leaveing him alone for a good few hours ? Pup will be a springer spaniel.. any ideas lads? Will be in the house overnight for the first 2 weeks or so..
    cheers

He will need a lot of exercise and if you live rural having him off the lead will be a good idea to burn up the energy.

To be fair to you if you could walk the dog twice a day I would think that's better than most stay at home owners...

My advice would also to get a dog pen as he will wreck your garden

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭shooting101

pm. wrote: »
    He will need a lot of exercise and if you live rural having him off the lead will be a good idea to burn up the energy.

To be fair to you if you could walk the dog twice a day I would think that's better than most stay at home owners...

My advice would also to get a dog pen as he will wreck your garden

Cheers pm,

I live in the middle of nowhere so I'll keep him off the lead.. I'll look into getting a pen for outside good idea ?

Advertisement