Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watcha get from "Santa"??

• 25-12-2016 9:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭

Shag all this 'giving' palava... Christmas is about getting stuff and you all know it! So watcha get?

I got:

Nothing yet. I'm an adult and live alone and Santa doesn't do ineligible bachelors apparently. Racist!

But will update post later when I attend a family gathering. Fooking better be something good.

Part of me hopes I get the same gift as I got when I was 7. An Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle!!

Most likely everyone will get me Springsteen's autobiography. If so, will post links to my Adverts account where you can get your own copy of the book signed by After Hour's Outlaw Pete for a one time price offer of €59.95 (price does not include shipping).

Yes, I have been drinking and no I won't be driving. Now answer the question, if you can remember it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,325 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

absolutely nothing. Because some members of the family are tight of money this year we've decided not to give presents except for the kids.

I'm actually ok with it. I really don't feel like I'm missing out at all. Which is strange because I thought I'd feel completely different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

My mam got me my usual assortment of Simpsons and superheroes pyjamas and lounge wear. She's been buying them for me all my life. I'm 32 now and they just keep coming. This year's highlight is an Incredible Hulk two-piece.

My mam's gifts still contain the fun and playfulness of Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Pickpocket wrote: »
    My mam got me my usual assortment of Simpsons and superheroes pyjamas and lounge wear. She's been buying them for me all my life. I'm 32 now and they just keep coming. This year's highlight is an Incredible Hulk two-piece.

Aren't Mammy's great. I'm at the in-laws this year but my mom still sent me down with my Christmas stocking for the morning. Wasn't allowed open it until Christmas morning of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

bee06 wrote: »
    Aren't Mammy's great. I'm at the in-laws this year but my mom still sent me down with my Christmas stocking for the morning. Wasn't allowed open it until Christmas morning of course.

That's lovely. Mam's are absolutely great. They're a boss, a bodyguard and a best friend all rolled into one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Pickpocket wrote: »

Love this post.

The kind of thing you feel sheepish getting but would miss if she ever stopped. I thought mine had missed the selection box last year and even though I rarely eat chocolate and goes in the fridge for months I missed it. Found it later though buried under other stuff :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

An Easons book voucher, Sugar Ray Leonard's autobiography and a GoPro Hero.. Oh, and a hangover!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

An ulcer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 714 ✭✭✭nkav86

Pickpocket wrote:

I'm 30 and devastated my mas not getting me PJs this year, she always gets the comfiest ones too. Getting cash, so that's a bonus, but still!

I'm afraid of the answer but why is Santa in quotation marks? :(

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Clothes, beers and a trip to Madrid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I got myself Springsteen autobiography and a Michael Harding book, had the kids wrap them and put them under the tree for me to open this morning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Nothing will ever replace that Evel knievel stunt cycle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

My Goddaughter got me a personalised Xmas mug with our pic on it 🤗 And a travel manicure set- badly needed

Mum got me towels and coal
    My godmother got me Xmas decs (building my collection yr4) and scratchies

Nan got me a Dunnes card and secret Santa got me the new Lions Polo shirt!

Love them!

Oh, I got myself a new MacBook Air (and gave my old one to my sis!)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Nothing yet.
    I usually buy what I want so Christmas presents don't really matter, it is more a symbol of love and caring than anything else at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

A black eye!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Collie D wrote: »
    I'm afraid of the answer but why is Santa in quotation marks? :(

It should be Saint (Santa) Nicholas (Claus) and he is reported to be buried in Ireland...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

The missus got three gift sized bath products and a set of towels from her mam. Hilariously ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭MRnotlob606

Not Christmas if you don't come out of it without a black eye, a restraining order, and having your Christmas dinner through a tube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

A retro Paisley shirt that would make your eyes bleed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,729 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Corkgirl18

At the grand old age of 23 I got the usual - pyjamas, fluffy socks, chocolate, lego and perfume. Loving life!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,647 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Slippers. I actually asked for them. I think this means I am officially old.

I love slippers. No way does it make you old. I've got a lovely comfy pair of John Rocha ones which are still going strong three years on but this year's are mock-up hightop runner things..very cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I dropped hints for slippers to EVERYONE, didn't get any :(

(size 11 if anyone has any left over :p )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

An electric toothbrush. I asked for Jenga!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Nintendo classic mini.

I knew it was there months ago, but my son didn't know that I knew. He was more excited about giving me that than his own presents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Bf got me a vintage canon camera. Love it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Nintendo classic mini.

I knew it was there months ago, but my son didn't know that I knew. He was more excited about giving me that than his own presents.

Aww, that's so cute!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Satriale wrote: »
    Nothing will ever replace that Evel knievel stunt cycle...

There's this ad saying the competitors are prehistoric.
    https://i.imgur.com/gHkJG.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Ah lads, not again this Christmas, the dick measuring competition of 'Well what did you get'

Does it really matter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭dinorebel

myshirt wrote: »
    Ah lads, not again this Christmas, the dick measuring competition of 'Well what did you get'

Does it really matter?
    Only one dick in this thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭dinorebel

A Coffee Machine, Roberto Duran T-Shirt and various smelly stuff. Loving the Coffee Machine already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

dinorebel wrote: »
    Roberto Duran T-shirt

WANT!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,639 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Comfy slippers, pyjamas and some nice craft beers and glasses. Middle aged 4Life.

• Advertisement

I dropped hints for slippers to EVERYONE, didn't get any :(

(size 11 if anyone has any left over :p )

Not a chance :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I haven't opened it yet, but I pretty sure my brother got me cans. As in... Possibly left overs from when there were a few of us at his place the other night. He didn't really have to go through the bother of wrapping them up though. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Clothes, cologne, a new nutribullet, Cathal McCarron's book (family sending me a hint to ditch the gambling side of me ha!), Paulie's book and a few self help books. Couldn't ask for anything better.

Have a good one everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Does it really matter?

If you don't like the thread jog on there. Good lad.

Does it really matter?

So, dick measuring competitions make you feel uptight and uncomfortable?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

My bestie got me the Paul O'Connell's autobiography

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Dark souls 3, a Santa/Coca Cola tin and a lovely wee note in the bottom from my Mrs. Claus, Christmas 1 - other days this year, less than 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

A Levi's Type 3 Trucker Jacket in Black! Very happy with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

You know what I got for Christmas? I got a carton of cigarettes. The old man grabbed me and said "Smoke up Johnny!"

So go home and cry to your Daddy. Don't cry here, okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Was in bad form so didn't bother opening anything today. I'll open them tomorrow when I'll be more thankful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Burial. wrote: »
    Clothes, cologne, a new nutribullet, Cathal McCarron's book (family sending me a hint to ditch the gambling side of me ha!), Paulie's book and a few self help books. Couldn't ask for anything better.

Have a good one everyone.

McCarrons books would be best used as firewood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    McCarrons books would be best used as firewood.

Personally think it's a very good book about a quarter of the way in. Not everyone's cup of tea for sure but he's a fascinating individual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭The flying mouse

I got a 100e voucher from me mammy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Santa brought me one nights sleep. Baby slept for over 6 hours on Christmas Eve night. Best present ever :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Corkgirl18 wrote: »
    At the grand old age of 23 I got the usual - pyjamas, fluffy socks, chocolate, lego and perfume. Loving life!

27 and the same, minus the perfume :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement